“Loved It!”
Review of WS Hotel

WS Hotel
Ranked #407 of 500 Hotels in Seoul
Reviewed November 14, 2012

Had a great 5-night stay at the WS. Never mind that the room was small; I expected that. What I did not expect was the most comfortable pillow I have ever slept on; it appears it was a mixture of down and cotton. Well done!

The owner and his staff were terrific, and our room was kept spic and span each day.

And what a great location...a two-minute walk from the metro, and with shopping, dining and nightlife right there. Highly recommend the WS, and would definitely stay there again whenever I return to Seoul.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
WSHOTEL, 프론트 매니저 at WS Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2012

Thank you for nice rewiew and tips.
And also thank you so much to praise our staffs
We will always try to make better service and condition hard.
If our guests feel comfortable we will also be happy for that.
Please visit us again and thank you so much.
Have a great day.

There are newer reviews for WS Hotel

Reviewed November 1, 2012

I had the pleasure of spending three nights at this hotel.

Despite the hotel located in an off-street alley, I had no problems finding it thanks to the instructions provided by the person who posted the review on August 20, 2012. The only thing I'd add to those instructions is, there are two stations named SINCHON and one named SINCHEON. Make sure you go to the right one! It's station #240 between the HONGIK UNIVERSITY and EWHA WOMENS UNIVERSITY stations. Just remember it's between two "UNIVERSITY" named stations on the green line.

The room I got was small and efficient, with the queen-sized bed occupying 70% of the room. The employee even apologized for the room size but I said it's perfect for solo travelers like myself. When considering whether to stay here, be honest with the space that you need. Frankly, I don't see why you'd need such a big room as Seoul isn't a destination where visitors should hang out in his hotel room.

Both employees I encountered were friendly, helpful and spoke excellent English. One unexpectedly called me by my first name almost as soon as I entered the hotel to check-in. He said he's been expecting me from my reservation. That is a rare welcome these days from any hotel.

The hotel is small, cozy and quiet. It's modern and very clean. The hallway leading to the lobby had Polaroid photos of patrons pinned to the wall, which gives it a young, quaint feel. Overall, I found the hotel very safe and close to major attractions in Seoul with the subway station within an easy 5 minute walk. The free internet worked great and the shower in the water got very hot (which is important to me). There was no bathtub there though but I didn’t mind that.

3  Thank R0dent
WSHOTEL, 프론트 매니저 at WS Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2012

It was our pleasure to meet you, sir.
And also thank you so much for your kind review.
Please, visit us again when you come to Seoul.
Have a wondeful weekend.

Reviewed October 30, 2012

For a first timer -- best location. It is convenient to sightsee from this location. It may be difficult to find at first but the staff and owner are more than helpful in helping you find it. Once you do, you'll see how it quickly becomes a home-style stay throughout your visit. If you don't feel like venturing out, the local neighborhood is always busy because of the livelihood of the local university students. Also the location is prime to both the airport and to the downtown area. The subway location is important for Seoul because you can either be in a busy area which is good, but BAD because of traffic. I chose somewhere fair and it was damn near perfect. I give credit for the owner! He'll do almost anything to make out of his way to ensure your stay is perfect.

If you are a space-needy person, I would recommend upgrade. I got a deluxe and it was great for me ! Other than that... you won't regret the hospitality at this place. Seek out the staff and get to know them immediately.

Room Tip: understand the metric system that is not of U.S. -- in other words, standard US hotel room is 300-3...
WSHOTEL, 오너 at WS Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2012

Thank you for nice rewiew and tips.
We are always try to good service all our guests.
We will check again rooms size on website and will fix that.
If you come again Seoul, Just contact us, We can go outside and get some beer.
Thanks again.

Reviewed October 26, 2012

I looked for a budget hotel in Seoul and I found WS Hotel that it has positive comments among other travelers. I stayed at the deluxe double room (bigger room) for 3 nights.

At first, the hotel location is difficult to find, so I will recommend the travelers to "google map" the location before arriving. But the hotel location is convenient while just 3 mins walk to the metro station. And 10mins walk to the university areas with lots of cosmetic shops and restaurants.

My room is in the basement, big and equipped (with fridge, TV, kettle, cup, strong wifi!) However, I could hear the sound of using bathroom from the next room when I was using my bathroom.

The reception staff is very helpful. My partner hurt his ankle and the reception staff brought me an ice bag and also some painkillers that I am really appreciated.

There is a traditional Korea restaurant near the hotel that opened 24 hours. Perfect for late night meal. A convenience shop (LOTTE Market 999) is around the corner and you could buy drinks and food. Besides, a bigger Family mart and Daiso (1000 won shop) can be found around the hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
WSHOTEL, 프론트 매니저 at WS Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 27, 2012

Thank you so much for your wonderful review.
Yes, our hotel is so close to metro station, but hidden a bit.
We send e-mail with detail map and direction to our guests,
if they request to us with e-mail.
So feel free to ask when you have some question.
We always want to help you.
Thanks again.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

I stayed in this hotel for 4 nights and all of my night stays were FANTASTIC. Sure the hotel may be small, but the smaller hotels will give you the most attention since they do not have to chase on premier guests. The moment I checked in, it was very snappy. The night manager that was on duty that day took my luggage upstairs, effortlessly. I guess it means a lot to me to get all the help that I could knowing that I just came from a 14 hour flight from USA. You will be treated with royalty at this place but in a very humble way. The sheets were changed everyday and they give enough towels for single guests. The television has wide selection of English and Korean channels. The bed was firm, but I like it that way. The pillow was piece of magic. I do not know how it works, but it somehow sucks in air to give a fluffy feel. Everything is clean in the room. Bottles of waters were replenished everyday. I could not really flaw anything about this hotel since I get equally, if not, more than what I paid for.

This hotel is designed for students traveling on a budget or single travelers who just wish to have a place to stay or to sleep. The shower's water pressure was amazingly strong and there's ample of hot water in the morning. The neighborhood itself was very quiet and Sinchon station is literally a stone throw away. There are many surrounding restaurants around the hotel so do not be afraid of dying from starvation. Dunkin Donuts and Lotteria are also a dash run away.

Maneuver yourself of finding the hotel at the first time and then you are set for the rest of your trip finding it. I just started learning to speak Korean, and learning how to say "BEHIND GRANDMART SINCHON" in Korean will be very helpful telling the taxi driver the location of the this hotel. I will stay at this place in the near future since it saves me money staying here.

The managers were all helpful, but I was able to manage my trip alone since I am so fanatic of getting lost and wandering the city alone. Both speaks very good English and they seem very enthusiastic in helping anyone who seeks their help. Check out was so fast and once again, they lugged my luggage down the stairs, so that was zero effort on my part.

What I love the most out of this hotel is the talking door knob telling me that the door is locked! Hahaha! I will definitely stay at this location once again since I got so familiar with the area already. Accessible and very affordable. Thank you very much WS Sinchon!

Room Tip: Just ask for a bigger room if its available.
1  Thank GlobeTrekker213
WSHOTEL, 프론트 매니저 at WS Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2012

I want to say more than thank you for your awesome review.
We always want to help you who feels a stranger in Seoul, or Korea.
If our guests feel comfortable and have wonderful moments in Seoul,
we will also be happy for that :-)
Please visit us again and thank you so much.
Have a great day.

Reviewed October 21, 2012

Well, I share the excellent ratings of others and had the same pleasant and attentive support from the young owner and his assistent. Their English was better than the uniformed staff of the neighouring 4 stars hotels where my colleaques stayed.
If you need a budget priced hotelroom in Seoul with 4 star service, excellent transportation, a variety of restaurants and 24/7 convenient shops, WS Hotel Sinchon is the place to be.

Room Tip: when they see you, they know what you need.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
WSHOTEL, 프론트 매니저 at WS Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2012

Thank you so much for your great review.
Our hotel is small and not luxurious atmosphere,
so we want to provide great and nice service.
We keep trying to be friendly and kind,
please visit us again when you're in Seoul next time.

Reviewed October 11, 2012

Thanks for keeping the room clean everyday !
The clean bed and bathroom...
Staffs are really kind :)
Had so great time at WS hotel. Thank u a lot.
I wanna visit soon again Nogosan.
I ll stay at WS of course.

Room Tip: Everything was great.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Ellen S
WSHOTEL, 프론트 매니저 at WS Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2012

Thank you for your wonderful review :)
We know that our building is old one, so we clean and clean everyday.
We hope to see you again.
Please visit our hotel again when you come to Seoul.
Thank you so much and have a nice day~ :-)