Hi Guesthouse
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
View Hotel
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 26, 2013

This was my first time visiting Seoul, Korea and if I ever get the opportunity to return to this city I will stay here. The staff was extremely helpful, kind, and went over and above the guidelines of customer service to ensure my stay was carefree. I was able to check-in after hours with absolutely no problem. My luggage was lost by the airlines and the staff did everything in their power to make sure I received my bag as soon as possible. Instructing me how to get around the city, advice of where to go, what to do, and even help booking events when I was no longer staying at the guesthouse, added to my incredible experience. As for stay, typically hostel environment, but the size of the guesthouse gave a very intimate family-like feeling. I spent one day in the private room then moved to the dormitories for my remaining stay. Location was a bit confusing to get to upon arrival but location to the metro made getting around the city a breeze. My favorite attribute about this hostel was the rooftop patio. Many days were spent here. Loved this place. Guest were great.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank pghodysseus
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Stayed in the guest house for 22 days. Originally supposed to be 21, but me and my travelling partner missed our flight so we contacted Taehwan(Person in charge of the guest house), and he let us stay another night FREE OF CHARGE. We even insisted because we had a good amount of extra money, but he denied. Very kind of Taehwan and can't thank him enough. On our original last day, he also took me, my travelling buddy, and Juho(staff) out to lunch and paid that for us too. I really cant think of any reason as to why this guesthouse's rating is less than perfect on this website. The price is very cheap for what you get, the house is cleaned daily, free breakfast, the staff are very helpful especially being able to speak multiple languages very well, and are just very attentive to customer service. Maybe some people complain about the shared bathroom, but I had no problems with it. Service is just too good to pass down because of the shared bathrooms, especially for the price you pay to stay here. Taehwan, if you're reading this, thank you again for the great service and letting us stay another night for free to help us out. I hope to see you guys again soon!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Trevor U
Reviewed August 21, 2013

First time out of country and didn't really know what to expect, but Hi Guesthouse was a great choice to go with. Planned the trip for 20 days staying at the Hi Guesthouse with a friend and Taewon and the other workers took real good care of us. Helpful and nice throughout the trip. A few days into the trip, he took everyone from the guesthouse out to dinner and helped bring the guests closer together and bond. He even took out me and my buddy to lunch before we left and treated too! But what helped out the most was on the last day, we actually missed our late night flight despite getting to the airport. Luckily we were able to get a hold of Taewon and he was happy to let us stay for one more night to catch the next flight out...for free! A real kind thing to do.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Joey V
Reviewed August 2, 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights in private room, the other room on the top floor was out of service so it was basically top floor private apartment. I liked the location, just minutes away from energetic Hongdae, close to subway yet not in a touristy drag. Didn't have a chance to socialize with guests or owners because of the busy schedule. The tall young guy who was at the front desk was super friendly and helpful when we needed something. Overall, no-frill but solid and great value accommodation in the crazy exciting capital of Korea. Recommended for the young or at least young at heart.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 30, 2013

A short trip, which was rewarding. Oh the accommodation was good. It's local which is what I wanted. If you want western style, then don't go here. I found it great. Well what else to say really, it was ok and suited my purposes.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple