Ways to Experience ZenKimchi Korean Food Tours
from $101.29
from $25.65
from $121.03
More Info
All reviews dark side highly recommend this tour sunset trail historic trail great tour tour guide south korea shawn folklore hike makgeolli pace
Selected filters
Reviewed March 4, 2018

OK I accidentally reviewed this tour in another of Zen Kimchis tours but to recap.. this one is awesome - the food was great. Joe's knowledge of the areas of Seoul, the varieties of BBQ and local trivia made the night really cool.. not to mention we all stuffed our faces on good BBQ.

Date of experience: November 2017
ZenKimchi, Owner at ZenKimchi Korean Food Tours, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2018

Thank you Brandon! It was a fun night.

Reviewed February 2, 2018

Joe was amazing. He took us to 3 different spots in Hongdae that we never would have found on our own.

Date of experience: December 2017
Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Thank you, Terrence! Private tours like yours get us out of our comfort zone a bit and take new risks. I'm so glad they paid off.

Reviewed January 29, 2018

Joe was a fantastic foodie guide, and made sure that we had the most authentic hot pot experience. We learnt about Korean etiquette and beer drinking rules. He’s got a wealth of knowledge and loads of great stories and is good fun. It was just two days before Xmas so the streets were festive and my husband and I were the only two on the tour which we really enjoyed, of course it would be fun with others too. I can highly recommend this tour for couples, friends, solo travellers and anyone really! Next time in Seoul we will be doing another on of Joe’s tours -maybe the chicken and beer or ghost tour! Thanks for a wonderful time Joe

Date of experience: December 2017
Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Thank you, Allie! That truly made the holidays special.

Reviewed January 22, 2018

I took this 3 years ago with 2 work colleagues and loved it. So when I returned to Korea in January 2018 with 2 different colleagues we took the tour as well. Great food, interesting stories and fun tasting local beverages - soju, makgeolli... I would highly recommend! If you are familiar with Anthony Bourdain, he visited the Mapo district restaurant we visited and it was featured on his TV show, No Reservations in April 2015!

Date of experience: January 2018
Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Come back a third time. You're always fun, and you bring fun people along.

Reviewed January 5, 2018

I love going on haunted tours and Shawn from KimChi Tours exceeded my expectations! I heard a lot of good quality ghost and murder stories and also learned about Korean folklore (I still think about these sometimes when I enter a bathroom!). I also got a better feel of Seoul as we walked around several places, which is perfect since I was visiting the city on a trip.

Date of experience: October 2017
1  Thank lizzys2018

Thank you, Lizzy! If you want to continue the experience, Minji the Ghost has taken over our Facebook and website chat. Talk to her if you dare.