Ways to Experience ZenKimchi Korean Food Tours
from $101.29
from $25.65
from $121.03
More Info
All reviews dark side highly recommend this tour bbq night sunset trail historic trail great tour his knowledge tour guide korean history kimchi south korea shawn folklore stories hike makgeolli pace
Selected filters
Reviewed January 22, 2018

I took this 3 years ago with 2 work colleagues and loved it. So when I returned to Korea in January 2018 with 2 different colleagues we took the tour as well. Great food, interesting stories and fun tasting local beverages - soju, makgeolli... I would highly recommend! If you are familiar with Anthony Bourdain, he visited the Mapo district restaurant we visited and it was featured on his TV show, No Reservations in April 2015!

Date of experience: January 2018
Review collected in partnership with this attraction
ZenKimchi, Owner at ZenKimchi Korean Food Tours, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2018

Come back a third time. You're always fun, and you bring fun people along.

Reviewed January 5, 2018

I love going on haunted tours and Shawn from KimChi Tours exceeded my expectations! I heard a lot of good quality ghost and murder stories and also learned about Korean folklore (I still think about these sometimes when I enter a bathroom!). I also got a better feel of Seoul as we walked around several places, which is perfect since I was visiting the city on a trip.

Date of experience: October 2017
Review collected in partnership with this attraction
1  Thank lizzys2018

Thank you, Lizzy! If you want to continue the experience, Minji the Ghost has taken over our Facebook and website chat. Talk to her if you dare.

Reviewed December 26, 2017

I booked the Seoul Hike last minute and I'm glad they were able to arrange it for me at such short notice. I had a great time and really enjoyed listening to our guide Shawn telling us all about the legends and folklore surrounding the mountains. I took away some great photos of the stunning scenery and really enjoyed the day. There were only two of us on the tour with Shawn that day so it didn't feel rushed or too busy and the food at the end was delicious. I look forward to booking either the same of a different tour when I'm next in Seoul

Date of experience: November 2017
1  Thank 228chantelle

Thank you! Shawn made this tour because he was so frustrated by other hiking tours that were just racing up and down a mountain. He adds culture and stories to make it truly memorable.

Reviewed December 25, 2017

The Dark Side of Seoul Tour was fantastic! Joe was an amazing guide and was very knowledgeable about the areas. A few areas really scared me, and that made it worth every cent. I recommend everyone go on this tour at least once because it's amazing and thrilling. I learned a lot more about Seoul than I ever expected. I would love to go on the tour again next year.

Date of experience: November 2017

Victoria, I have an admission. I got spooked a few months ago myself, and I LEAD the tour.

Reviewed December 23, 2017 via mobile

Thank you Joe, a funny and informative tour of a very interesting city. Will recommend to anyone visiting Seoul!

Date of experience: December 2017
ZenKimchi, Owner at ZenKimchi Korean Food Tours, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2018

Thank you, Nicole! I'm glad you found my dad jokes funny.