Ways to Experience ZenKimchi Korean Food Tours
from $101.29
from $25.65
from $121.03
More Info
All reviews dark side highly recommend this tour bbq night sunset trail historic trail great tour his knowledge korean history kimchi south korea shawn folklore stories hike makgeolli pace
Selected filters
Reviewed December 25, 2017

The Dark Side of Seoul Tour was fantastic! Joe was an amazing guide and was very knowledgeable about the areas. A few areas really scared me, and that made it worth every cent. I recommend everyone go on this tour at least once because it's amazing and thrilling. I learned a lot more about Seoul than I ever expected. I would love to go on the tour again next year.

Date of experience: November 2017
ZenKimchi, Owner at ZenKimchi Korean Food Tours, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2018

Victoria, I have an admission. I got spooked a few months ago myself, and I LEAD the tour.

Reviewed December 23, 2017 via mobile

Thank you Joe, a funny and informative tour of a very interesting city. Will recommend to anyone visiting Seoul!

Date of experience: December 2017
ZenKimchi, Owner at ZenKimchi Korean Food Tours, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2018

Thank you, Nicole! I'm glad you found my dad jokes funny.

Reviewed December 13, 2017

A good place,hopefully it was enough time to feel the hospitality,i will return for sure in future and I recommend with all my heart this structure of flavors!

Date of experience: July 2017

Wonderful to hear, Chloe

Reviewed December 7, 2017

Joe of ZenKimchi Korean Food Tours provided me with an absolutely fabulous Korean BBQ and Pub tour that kicked off my foodie visit to Seoul.

As a solo foodie traveller I really wanted to experience a Korean BBQ night out -- quite hard to do at a good BBQ restaurant in Korea as a solo foreigner who doesn't speak a word of Korean! Joe really enabled my ability to dine out at a fantastic BBQ restaurant, one that famed foodie and TV personality Anthony Bourdain is known to have visited.

Joe made the whole meal a seamless, informative and delicious experience by doing the cooking while explaining how to prepare, season, eat and drink what he ordered for us. I was able to sit back and enjoy the whole experience while savoring the amazing pork, egg, kimchi, garlic and other seasonings that made the meal so flavorful. Of course I was actively participating in seasoning my own food, but Joe did all the hard work for me.

Joe even ordered us a dish of North Korean Cold Noodles when I asked about them - a great "post BBQ" cool down treat made of cold buckwheat noodles in a cooling broth with a hard boiled egg.

After the BBQ we headed over to a "market" and pub stop where Joe filled up a basket with a huge variety of interesting items that the pub later deep fried into amazing pub treats for us. His ability to pick items that turned into our "pub fry treats" was something I never could have figured out or put together on my own! Everything went great with the Makgeolli and Soju drinks that Joe also ordered for us. Again, something I never would have known how to do on my own - I'd not even heard of either drink before meeting Joe! We spent well over an hour in the pub "people watching", eating, drinking and generally have a great time.

Joe and ZenKimchi Korean Food Tours did a great job and I'd recommend them to anyone who wants to experience a great Korean BBQ and Pub evening in Seoul.
I loved the entire experience and only have one regret -- that I was so full that I wasn't able to eat even more of the great food that Joe had organized for us.

1  Thank John U

That was a fun time. I hope we can help more single travelers in the future. We know how frustrating it is.

Reviewed December 6, 2017

I had a super fun time meeting up with Shawn and sharing the hiking tour with some of my friends I hadn't seen in a long time. It was a good length, very educational, and was the highlight of our trip/reunion. And to end it all off with a delicious meal and makgeolli- you can't go wrong. Highly recommend this tour for anyone interested in the folklore and legends of Korea and to see fantastic views while exercising. Amazing!

1  Thank Sst367

Very happy to hear that. Thank you!