Ways to Experience ZenKimchi Korean Food Tours
from $101.29
from $25.65
from $121.03
More Info
All reviews dark side highly recommend this tour bbq night sunset trail historic trail great tour his knowledge tour guide korean history kimchi south korea shawn folklore stories hike makgeolli pace
Selected filters
Reviewed November 7, 2017

The Dark Side of Seoul Tour was much more than I expected. It took us to very interesting sites. Most of them were places that I visit regularly but didn’t know had such an amazing history. Thanks once more!

Date of experience: October 2017
ZenKimchi, Owner at ZenKimchi Korean Food Tours, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2018

That was one of the reasons we created the tour. We were so frustrated that Seoul doesn't portray its own history well. We wanted to show why we were so ENTHRALLED by Seoul's history.

Reviewed November 7, 2017

The Dark Side of Seoul walking tour was a great way for us to get oriented around the city. The guide was considerate of the older ladies and the baby on the tour, and the pace was never too slow or too fast, even allowing for a short bathroom break. As a professional historian, I was impressed with the guide's knowledge of Korean history, language, and insight into the culture. Be ready for the last ghost story's interesting twist at the end!

Date of experience: November 2017

Sounds like you took Shawn's tour. He's much smarter than me.

Reviewed November 4, 2017 via mobile

I took the the Dark Side of Seoul tour because I love Halloween and needed one more spook-filled weekend celebrating. It was a nice way to explore the area in between the two palaces and learn about the storied history there. Joe was a great guide and told interesting, well-researched stories about the people who used to live in those neighbothoods as well as pointed out things that I'm sure most locals don't even know. Recommended for any time of year!

Date of experience: November 2017

Thank you, Kelly! One reason we created the tour was to bring some Halloween to Korea.

Reviewed November 3, 2017

Our Tour-master, Shawn was very knowledgeable. I lived in Korea for 12 years and have never heard of any of these stories. I got goosebumps and burned over a thousand calories on the extended tour! :P Being Korean-American, I also felt a sense of pride hearing some of the tales. I highly recommend this tour to anyone who loves folklore, history or scary stories!

1  Thank Ji-Young K

Super, super, super review! Jaw has dropped. Humbled that it had that effect on you. We love this place, and we love sharing why we love it.

Reviewed November 2, 2017 via mobile

Thoroughly recommend. Joe was fantastic. He arrived at the meeting point on time. He made everyone feel at ease and told us loads about Korea. We went to a really traditional non touristy BBQ place which was loud no frills and great fun. Afterwards the pancake place was really cool and drank loads of local alcohol all included in cost. I would never have found these places without a guide. If you love finding out about food and culture in Seoul then throughout recommend this tour