Book In Advance
Tours from ZenKimchi Korean Food Tours tend to sell out - travelers recommend booking in advance!

Ways to Experience ZenKimchi Korean Food Tours
from $118.00
More Info
from $37.00
More Info
All reviews dark side ghost tour korean food extended tour highly recommend this tour bbq night dark history bbq place great company joe knows great storyteller wealth of knowledge anthony bourdain historical stories walking tour fun tour highlight of our trip
Reviewed November 4, 2017 via mobile

I took the the Dark Side of Seoul tour because I love Halloween and needed one more spook-filled weekend celebrating. It was a nice way to explore the area in between the two palaces and learn about the storied history there. Joe was a great guide and told interesting, well-researched stories about the people who used to live in those neighbothoods as well as pointed out things that I'm sure most locals don't even know. Recommended for any time of year!

Date of experience: November 2017
ZenKimchi, Owner at ZenKimchi Korean Food Tours, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2018

Thank you, Kelly! One reason we created the tour was to bring some Halloween to Korea.

Reviewed November 2, 2017 via mobile

Thoroughly recommend. Joe was fantastic. He arrived at the meeting point on time. He made everyone feel at ease and told us loads about Korea. We went to a really traditional non touristy BBQ place which was loud no frills and great fun. Afterwards the pancake place was really cool and drank loads of local alcohol all included in cost. I would never have found these places without a guide. If you love finding out about food and culture in Seoul then throughout recommend this tour

Date of experience: November 2017
Reviewed November 1, 2017

What a fantastic tour this was! Shawn is a really excellent guide - I was also guided by him on the Dark Side Ghost Tour through Seoul - and I can highly, highly recommend going on both tours.
The hike took us into some very beautiful forest and mountain scenery, with great views of Seoul and the surrounding area.
Shawn is a great storyteller, explaining some of the extraordinary history of the area, even taking you a little off track to visit some hidden treasures.
Just do it!

Date of experience: October 2017
1  Thank hifromrenee

Shawn is full of stories. Try having a few beers with him. Amazing storyteller.

Reviewed November 1, 2017

This hike was easily one of the best things that I did while I was in Seoul. If you are looking for something that gets you out of the city and educates you about Korea's fascinating mountain heritage this is the tour for you. Shawn was kind and accommodating from the first moment. I was a little trepidatious before the hike as I have a bad foot and was unsure how it would perform. Both before the hike even began and continuously throughout Shawn was actively engaged in making sure myself and my foot were ok. He made sure that the pace was comfortable enough to keep us progressing but wasn't too burdensome for me. Truly a hike for anybody.

One of my favorite parts of the tour was the constant storytelling Shawn weaved in throughout the day. We heard stories about Korea's shamanic tradition, Korea's two famed buddhist monks, the goblins of Korea's folklore, and historical facts about sites throughout the park. Every question we seemed to have, Shawn had some sort of an answer for. He deeply cares about Korean culture and tradition so was a great resource for all I wanted to know.

Shawn was accommodating throughout and even made sure to find me a secluded spot along the hike so that I could pay some respects to a loved one. This level of personal care is what really made this tour something special.

From the very get go all the way through to the delicious, traditional ending meal, Shawn and this hike delivered. This tour is a brand new gem and is well worth the money you spend on it. I could not recommend it more highly.

Date of experience: October 2017
1  Thank beardedsloth

Great review! That's even better than our ad copy. I am so thrilled you enjoyed it.

Reviewed October 9, 2017

Really enjoyed the Dark Side of Seoul ghost walk, Joe had some great stories and told them with real enthusiasm. A neon city with a very dark underbelly...a very good way to spend an evening in Seoul.

Date of experience: September 2017