Ways to Experience ZenKimchi Korean Food Tours
from $101.29
from $25.65
from $121.03
More Info
All reviews dark side highly recommend this tour sunset trail historic trail great tour tour guide south korea shawn folklore hike makgeolli pace
Selected filters
Reviewed November 2, 2017 via mobile

Thoroughly recommend. Joe was fantastic. He arrived at the meeting point on time. He made everyone feel at ease and told us loads about Korea. We went to a really traditional non touristy BBQ place which was loud no frills and great fun. Afterwards the pancake place was really cool and drank loads of local alcohol all included in cost. I would never have found these places without a guide. If you love finding out about food and culture in Seoul then throughout recommend this tour

Date of experience: November 2017
Reviewed November 1, 2017

I went on the extended tour and there was never a dull moment! The tour guide managed to excite us with tales of Korean myths and stories of Seoul's historical past. This tour was a great way of learning about Korean culture away from the books! I thoroughly enjoyed myself and would recommend this tour to anybody as it was my favourite tour of Korea so far!

Date of experience: October 2017
ZenKimchi, Owner at ZenKimchi Korean Food Tours, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2018

Your favorite? Wow! Thank you.

Reviewed November 1, 2017

What a fantastic tour this was! Shawn is a really excellent guide - I was also guided by him on the Dark Side Ghost Tour through Seoul - and I can highly, highly recommend going on both tours.
The hike took us into some very beautiful forest and mountain scenery, with great views of Seoul and the surrounding area.
Shawn is a great storyteller, explaining some of the extraordinary history of the area, even taking you a little off track to visit some hidden treasures.
Just do it!

1  Thank hifromrenee

Shawn is full of stories. Try having a few beers with him. Amazing storyteller.

Reviewed November 1, 2017

This hike was easily one of the best things that I did while I was in Seoul. If you are looking for something that gets you out of the city and educates you about Korea's fascinating mountain heritage this is the tour for you. Shawn was kind and accommodating from the first moment. I was a little trepidatious before the hike as I have a bad foot and was unsure how it would perform. Both before the hike even began and continuously throughout Shawn was actively engaged in making sure myself and my foot were ok. He made sure that the pace was comfortable enough to keep us progressing but wasn't too burdensome for me. Truly a hike for anybody.

One of my favorite parts of the tour was the constant storytelling Shawn weaved in throughout the day. We heard stories about Korea's shamanic tradition, Korea's two famed buddhist monks, the goblins of Korea's folklore, and historical facts about sites throughout the park. Every question we seemed to have, Shawn had some sort of an answer for. He deeply cares about Korean culture and tradition so was a great resource for all I wanted to know.

Shawn was accommodating throughout and even made sure to find me a secluded spot along the hike so that I could pay some respects to a loved one. This level of personal care is what really made this tour something special.

From the very get go all the way through to the delicious, traditional ending meal, Shawn and this hike delivered. This tour is a brand new gem and is well worth the money you spend on it. I could not recommend it more highly.

1  Thank beardedsloth

Great review! That's even better than our ad copy. I am so thrilled you enjoyed it.

Reviewed October 31, 2017

Our tour guide Shawn was super knowledgeable and a was happy to answer our many questions during the tour. The tour itself was very entertaining as well - we learnt so much about history and culture as well as juicy stories! This kind of tour of the city is much better than the free walking tours provided by the city council - it lives up to its name of showing the dark side which of course every city has.

Date of experience: October 2017

Woo hoo! Thank you! It's so hard to compete with the free tours because, you know, they're free. Then again, you get what you pay for ;)