“Seoul Hike”

ZenKimchi Korean Food Tours
Ranked #1 of 85 Nightlife in Seoul
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: We've shown Anthony Bourdain and Andrew Zimmern the best food in Seoul. Let us show you! ZenKimchi offers off-the-beaten-path Korean food tours for hardcore foodies. We have consulted and given tours to major TV shows, journalists, and corporations. We now share this experience to give culinary tourists the ultimate experience. We don't just give tours, we give you something to brag about to your friends. We are obsessed with the Korean dining scene, and we know the secret places that visitors want to try. Started as Korea's longest running Korean food blog in 2004, ZenKimchi has gotten recognition from The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, Lonely Planet, The Washington Post, and more. We are one of the only tours in Seoul that accept single bookings. We are also great for groups, families, and couples.
Reviewed November 1, 2017

This hike was easily one of the best things that I did while I was in Seoul. If you are looking for something that gets you out of the city and educates you about Korea's fascinating mountain heritage this is the tour for you. Shawn was kind and accommodating from the first moment. I was a little trepidatious before the hike as I have a bad foot and was unsure how it would perform. Both before the hike even began and continuously throughout Shawn was actively engaged in making sure myself and my foot were ok. He made sure that the pace was comfortable enough to keep us progressing but wasn't too burdensome for me. Truly a hike for anybody.

One of my favorite parts of the tour was the constant storytelling Shawn weaved in throughout the day. We heard stories about Korea's shamanic tradition, Korea's two famed buddhist monks, the goblins of Korea's folklore, and historical facts about sites throughout the park. Every question we seemed to have, Shawn had some sort of an answer for. He deeply cares about Korean culture and tradition so was a great resource for all I wanted to know.

Shawn was accommodating throughout and even made sure to find me a secluded spot along the hike so that I could pay some respects to a loved one. This level of personal care is what really made this tour something special.

From the very get go all the way through to the delicious, traditional ending meal, Shawn and this hike delivered. This tour is a brand new gem and is well worth the money you spend on it. I could not recommend it more highly.

1  Thank beardedsloth
ZenKimchi, Owner at ZenKimchi Korean Food Tours, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2018

Great review! That's even better than our ad copy. I am so thrilled you enjoyed it.

All reviews
"korean food"
in 30 reviews
"extended tour"
in 7 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
in 11 reviews