“Ultimate BBQ Experience Tour”

ZenKimchi Korean Food Tours
Ranked #1 of 78 Nightlife in Seoul
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: We've shown Anthony Bourdain and Andrew Zimmern the best food in Seoul. Let us show you! ZenKimchi offers off-the-beaten-path Korean food tours for hardcore foodies. We have consulted and given tours to major TV shows, journalists, and corporations. We now share this experience to give culinary tourists the ultimate experience. We don't just give tours, we give you something to brag about to your friends. We are obsessed with the Korean dining scene, and we know the secret places that visitors want to try. Started as Korea's longest running Korean food blog in 2004, ZenKimchi has gotten recognition from The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, Lonely Planet, The Washington Post, and more. We are one of the only tours in Seoul that accept single bookings. We are also great for groups, families, and couples.
Reviewed September 2, 2013

I often times get asked about what things there are to do around Seoul for tourists. I am not a tourist, but I live here, yet I must say that taking one of Zenkimchi's tours was one of the best investments I have made.

I took this tour when it was still in the early stages, by now I am sure they are much more refined. We got much more than what we paid for, in fact I was able to learn so many locations that I had never even heard about. The foods we ate were some of the best I've had even though I live in Korea. I even made a video about it, it is on youtube called the Zen Kimchi Food tour [Go! Kfood]

The tour went on over a span of about 3.5 hours. We started in Mapo station doing a food crawl including bbq and ending up with some Korean alcoholic drinks with some top knotch street food in Gongdeok.

We were stuffed by the end of the night. You know what is surprising is that if I were to of eaten all those dishes by myself, it would have cost much more than the tour itself.

Zenkimchi was also provided lots of information about the area and every dish we had, as well as lots of quirky trivia about Korean food. Perhaps, much more knowledgeable than even Koreans are about their own background.

So would I recommend this tour? Absolutely. This tour offers good information, great food, and a good time for very little.

1  Thank Noe A
"great company"
in 6 reviews
"wealth of knowledge"
in 4 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
in 7 reviews
in 3 reviews
"pancakes"
in 7 reviews

Reviewed September 2, 2013

I had a great time on ZenKimchi's BBQ food tour. I came away utterly stuffed and happy!
Joe, the guide, really knows his stuff. You can tell how much he loves Korean food through every aspect of the tour. He's only taking you to the best places that he truly loves. The best part is that since Joe is so well-known in Korea's food scene, you seem to get excellent service and larger portions at the restaurants you visit.
The food is exceptional at every stop, from the meat, to the noodles, to the booze. I couldn't recommend this tour more! It's a great way of finding out where the locals really eat!

Reviewed August 19, 2013

It was a great way to start.our first day in Korea. He was very informative but at the same time he kept it very light. He made the food really interesting topic with his vast background on Korean food.i would definitely recommend this trip to anyone who wishes to experience authentic Korean food.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

Joe was a really friendly host!
We took the Barbecue food tour with just our family of 6 (including a baby!)
He made sure that the amount of food & variety were abundant!
We all loved everything introduced to us!
We were stuffed!
Joe made sure to give us the history and culture involved in every dish too!

Thanks Joe! It was a highlight of the trip! :)

Review collected in partnership with this attraction