“Very good place to visit”

Gyeongbokgung Palace
Ranked #4 of 755 things to do in Seoul
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: The National Museum of Korea and the National Folk Museum are located on the grounds of this palace, built six centuries ago by the founder of the Chosun dynasty.
Bangalore, India
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Very good place to visit”
Reviewed March 26, 2014

I found the place very neat and clean and well managed. These place have some old monuments.
these are pf Chinese style. This is a very beautiful place spent half of your day. Near by this one museum is there from where depict entire Korean historic culture form cloths to food to arms.

Visited March 2014

• Vietnamese first
Sydney, Australia
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Large Palace in the City Centre”
Reviewed March 25, 2014

Went here on a Tuesday? and it was free of charge, not too many tourists at all. In scale of things much smaller than the palaces in China, but MUCH more comfortable to walk in. Definitely a must go!

Visited February 2014
Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“THE Palace to visit in Seoul”
Reviewed March 25, 2014

When I was doing my research for our Seoul trip, I came across numerous palaces to visit. I told my husband however that I just chose 1 as we already have a full itinerary in our 7 days trip. Luckily I picked the best one! Place is huge, though there were lots of tourists, we didn't feel cramped as the grounds were vast and you can practically go anywhere! We went in February 2014, where snow already melted but the view is still stunning. We caught the changing of guards ceremony and enjoyed the spectacle. Definitely would recommend this to friends.

Visited February 2014
Daegu, South Korea
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Nice Palace, worth a visit”
Reviewed March 24, 2014

The grounds were well maintained, its easy access with the subway and it was relatively inexpensive. The royal dining room on the water was especially impressive.

Visited March 2014
“I prefer this than Changdeokgung palace”
Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

Like everybody else before we went yo Korea I have this dilemma on what palace should I visit over the other between gyeongbokgung and changdeokgung so I decided we both go to both palaces to see which is which. Now that ive been to both palaces I can say now that this palace have much to offer than the changdeokgung palace though I never went to the secret garden coz during our time of visit, March, all the plants are still withered from winter so we decided to skip it. This palace offer a wider selection of scenery rathwr than stones and temples, plus you can wear here palace guards costume for free.