“Lovely”

Ranked #4 of 755 things to do in Seoul
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: The National Museum of Korea and the National Folk Museum are located on the grounds of this palace, built six centuries ago by the founder of the Chosun dynasty.
Beijing, China
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Lovely”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

It was a lovely, cold day. I was a little underwhelmed by the signage and organization of the Palace, but I loved that the museum attached was free and well-done.

Visited February 2013

346 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 254 helpful votes
“Nothing much different”
Reviewed February 13, 2013

This is my second time visited this place,first time is at 2003.To me it is nothing much different.You can see a lot of tradisional Korea style building all the way.We walked a lot to see all the houses and palaces as the place is very big and spacious except the specific palace which need to buy another ticket.You have to pay more if you want to visit more palaces. We bought ordinary entrance tickets only.The first time I came is during summer time,the scenes are so-so.The second time is during autumn,the views are totally different because we can see very beautiful maple trees.

Visited November 2012
Chicago, Illinois
42 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“Big landscape, lots of spaces”
Reviewed February 7, 2013

I saw the guard changing ceremony at 3 pm on a Saturday. There are several free English guided tour per day. I was on the last one of the day at 3:30 pm. The lady was really nice and showed us the most important part of the palace. The explanation gave us a good perspective about the life of palace. The tour lasts about one hour. If the weather was not freezing the day i was there, I am sure I will be more happy about the trip. The only indoor place is the folk museum on the side. Overall, I enjoyed the palace tour.

Visited January 2013
Seoul, South Korea
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Not too exciting”
Reviewed February 7, 2013

I've been here several times over the past decade as people have come to visit me in Seoul. My guests aren't usually too excited by the experience. I routinely ask locals if they've been and locals rarely have been more than 1 or 2 times in their lives.

Visited October 2012
Manila, Philippines
35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“A very big palace”
Reviewed February 6, 2013

Too bad that we went here in the afternoon that is why we missed the changing of guards. What I really like the most is the big landscape of the palace and the mountain views in the palace. When we where there the small room in the middle of the lake reminds me of Moon embraces the sun. I really want to go there but it is restricted to visitors. We were already tired at the time when we visited this palace so we spent a little time in here.

Visited October 2012