1) Excellent service by the couple who runs the guesthouse. Both of them made us feel very welcomed. Loved the variety of home-cooked breakfast as well as the thoughtful snacks/ teas/ beverages served.
2) Great location! Almost opposite the Changdeokgung Palace. It's about 10 mins walk from Anguk Station (Seoul Subway Line 3 - Orange line). 10-15 mins walk to Insadong. 15-20 mins walk from JongNo-3 where there were many restaurants to choose from as well as street vendors. Walk further up to JongNo-5 and it is already a skip and hop from Dongdaemun.
3) Do get your Nanta tickets booked by the couple who runs the guesthouse. That way you will enjoy some discounts on the ticket price. Bring their business card to the Nanta ticketing counter for verification. Same goes if you intend to visit Nami Island.
4) Bathroom is compact and provided towels may be considered small by visitors. Adviced to bring own towel. Shower gel, Shampoo & Conditioner as well as a moderately powerful hair dryer were provided.
5) At least 3 convenience shops were nearby. We went to the GS25 shop almost daily to get yogurt, icicles/popsicles, ramyun, Pocari Sweat (Isotonic drink). The mini fridge in the room was certainly appreciated. [GS25 not only carries a variety of food and drinks but also sells travellers necessities e.g. socks, phone cables. You may use the T-Card to pay for purchases].
6) If you'd like to have a cuppa, a small kettle is provided in each room.
7) The air-cond was most needed as the temperature was above 32 degree Celcius when we arrived (August 2013).
8) Need to rest and watch some TV? Each room has a flat screen tv. [There's AXN and FOX channels if you want to watch some English language entertainment].
9) There is a small laundry room where the washing machine is located but no dryer. All laundry needs to be hung out to dry.
I would highly recommend Heamil Guesthouse! In fact, I plan on staying there the next time I visit Seoul!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Featuring traditional Korean architecture, Haemil Guesthouse offers simply furnished rooms with free Wi-Fi. It is just a 2-minute walk from Changdeok Palace, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. An 8-minute walk leads to Anguk Subway Station (line 3, exit 3). All rooms feature traditional wooden furnishings, heated flooring and Korean Yo mats for bedding. They are equipped with a personal refrigerator, an LCD TV and a private bathroom with bath and shower. free toiletries are provided. Haemil offers a common living area, dining and kitchen facilities. A variety of dining options are less than a 5-minute walk away. Guests can also relax in the courtyard.Attractions such as Bukchon Korean Hanok Village, which features a traditional residential village and the entertainment options at Insa-dong are a 10-minute walk away. Dongdaemun Market is a 10-minute drive from Haemil Guesthouse. Facilities of Haemil Guesthouse: General: 24-hour front desk, garden, terrace, non-smoking rooms, family rooms, express check-in/check-out, heating, luggage storage, allergy-free room available, all public and private spaces non-smoking, air conditioning. Services: room service, airport shuttle, business centre,laundry, dry cleaning, breakfast in the room, ironing service, fax/photocopying, concierge service, internet - Free! Wi-fi is available in the entire hotel and is free of charge. Parking - no parking available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Haemil Hanok Guesthouse reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.