“Great downtown Seoul Location. Average facilities”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Sejong Hotel

Sejong Hotel
Ranked #69 of 474 Hotels in Seoul
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Great downtown Seoul Location. Average facilities”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2011

Sejong has a great location if you want to be in downtown Seoul. Its near the Myeongdong district - on of Seoul's liveliest shopping, dining and entertainment districts, especially at night. It is also near Namsan Park - a nice greenlung, uphill runs up to Seoul Tower.

Sejong is also conveniently one of the stops for the Airport Limo bus to/from Incheon and Gimpo airport. Stops right in front of the airport. One of the cheapest direct modes of transport to airport. Better than the train (requires stop and change) although can take a while (70 minutes in no traffic, and almost 2 hours if there's downtown traffic).

However, Sejong's facility is very average. The rooms are functional but not outstanding. Nice that internet is free. Breakfast/dining was underwhelming, as well.

Room Tip: I don't think there are any distinctive rooms.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Azran1

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Trondheim, Norway
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2011

My hotel room was old and with a very small and smelly bathroom. Breakfast prices were also quite expensive. I think the hotel needs some upgrades on some rooms in order to achieve my recommendation

• Stayed November 2010
1 Thank Paldrevl
New York City, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2011

I am a Korean-American so my first language is English. The workers here would keep speaking Japanese to my family, and we had to tell them at least 50 times that we were Korean Americans. This place is only great for Japanese guests since most of the workers here are fluent in Japanese. It is not a good place for Americans. The lobby is the only nice place in the hotel. The breakfast buffet was great at first, but the service was just terrible. We ate at the breakfast buffet many times, and the tofu at the buffet was not fresh. One piece of tofu was almost rotten, and the workers/chef would lie that it was because of the soy sauce. We are Koreans, so we know the type of tofu and soy sauce they serve. Many foreigners here are eating rotten tofu, and the workers here are lying to them that the strange taste is because of the soy sauce.
Also, the price you have to pay here is not worth it. The rooms are old, and there are multiple brown stains on the chairs in the hotel room. My family was so disgusted that we covered up the chairs with pillow covers. There are even mysterious stains on the carpet floor. The TV in our room would not work at times, and this hotel needs to be renovated. NON SMOKERS, BEWARE! Make sure to be on a non-smoking floor, because the air is awful in the hotel. It is even worse when you are on a smoking floor. Try to buy febreeze if you are unlucky. There is barely anything to do in the hotel, and the only thing that was nice about this hotel was its location. Many things are available around the hotel, but that is about it. I suggest that you go to a newly renovated hotel. This hotel is old and dirty.

Room Tip: make sure to be on a non-smoking floor
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank darkabyss18
Hong Kong
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2011

I have spent my stay at this hotel on 9-11 & 14-16 April. This hotel is located at the ground of the metro station named "Myeong-dong" & just in front of airport bus terminal. It is very convenient to find the hotel, esp. for whose travel w/ luggage.

As the hotel is located in the shopping region, we are easier to have shopping and eating no matter is the early morning or late night.

For our first stay (9-11 April), our rooms are at 12/F. The view is nice coz no building in front to block the view. The hand shower a bit "weak" but still ok. The pillow & mattress make me have a good sleep. However, there is a renovation near the hotel, it is a bit noisy in the night.

For our second stay (14-16 Apr), our rooms are at 4/F. The view is blocked by a building in front but not close. The shower is better than my last stay but it is fixed to the wall. The room decoration is a bit older than 12/F. Anyway, I can still have good sleep too.

Though the hotel is located in Myeong-dong, it remains its "quiet" in the shopping area. The hotel staff are nice and helpful.

We can go to Namsan Park (Seoul Tower) and Namdaemun Market by walk. Also, it is easier for us to going airport (Incheon or Gimpo). You know, it is inconvenient for travellers to take their luggages upstairs or downstairs.........esp. the luggages are full of clothes and souvenirs. Luckily, we just walked out the entrance of hotel and the airport bus terminal is in front of us.

I will choose this hotel again in my next travel.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank idasweetdream
rotherham
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2010

Good quality hotel in Central Seoul. It is a very short walk to shopping streets, restaurants and banks.
Good sized rooms, well equipped and very clean.
Restaurant large serving good food. Had a happy hour in the early evening when items from the menu and certain drinks were cheaper.
Buffet breakfast was excellent with a very range of food available including American breakfast.
Staff attentive and helpful.
Three small gift shops in the lobby of the hotel.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
4 Thank george3rotherham
Paris, France
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2009

As all other travellers mentioned, the hotel is very conveniently located.
The rooms are a bit worn out but they are clean and have all the basics (slippers, tea maker, a well working air conditioning).
We had a room facing large streets, but noise was not an issue as the windows isolate properly.
The staff was efficient and professional.
Overall I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Hong Kong
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2009

I travel a lot and this is the first time I write review. I really have to say this could be the worst hotel experience I've ever had. This was the first time I stayed in this hotel, it was quite fully booked so they asked if I mind staying in a room without bathtub. It was OK to me cos I expected it to be a regular shower-room with glassdoor like the ones normally used in Japanese hotels. Only when I entered the room I found out there wasn't any glassdoor between the shower and the other things in the bathroom, and the shower was set next to the toilet bowl. When I took the shower, of course everything was wet and I felt like I was washing the whole bathroom floor/toilet for the hotel and the towels/tissue paper also all got wet. I couldn't sleep the whole night as there were noises from the old air-conditioning and the water pipes. I demanded a room change the next morning, and the hotel offered me the 2 rooms next to my original room to choose from. When the staff opened one of the room door for me to check, I pointed and told the staff there was a big cockroach (1.5" long) right in the middle of the room aisle! He took care of it immediately and said it's unavoidable, he asked me to check again, I told him no way I was gonna stay in this room. So in the end I took the other room option.

The last room was in overall speaking, better....It's also the same kind of shower but at least there is a glassdoor, the shower-water still passes throughout the whole bathroom as there isn't any "door step" so you are still cleaning the bathroom floor while you are taking the shower. As soon as I stepped out of the bathroom, I already saw a tiny cockroach on the bathroom carpet and I ran off right away. Even though it's small but it really tells this hotel has cockroach problem.

I stayed on the 5th floor of the hotel and I swear I will never stay in this hotel ever again.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business