Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Fantastic place to settle your things and explore what Seoul has to offer. This hostel is very close to Namdaemun Market, and with Hoehyeon station at the bottom of the street it is so easy to get any where else you want, I even walked everywhere it was that close.

Rooms are clean and cheap, free Internet and Skype phone. Friendly staff will help you with most queries.

Lack of communal areas is a downer if you want to meet people.

Room tip: Avoid the first floor
Date of stay: September 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank OzRoberto
Reviewed August 29, 2012

LOCATION: It was a bit hard to find at first, being that it was our first time in Seoul and we arrived really late at night. If you're taking the airport bus, it's a bit of a long walk (a bit uphill too) - but manageable! But it is very near the Hoehyeon station (3 minute walk) and Namdaemun Market (5 minute walk).

SERVICE: No frills - and I don't mean that in a bad way. They provide everything they said they would provide, they got all the basics down pat. One of the hosts, Dony, is pretty funny too! And they also have a service where they can get you a volunteer tour guide if you tell them in advance, so that was great :)

FACILITIES/SIZE: We were four in the room, we had a double bed and a bunk bed, a hairdryer, TV, and our own bathroom. Compared to other hostels I've stayed in, this was actually already pretty spacious :)

VERDICT: It's a basic hostel - no fancy concept or artsy interiors. But you get the value you pay for! Safe and clean, pretty spacious. Pretty good location relative to the subway station.

Date of stay: October 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
2  Thank arriane0629
Reviewed August 24, 2012 via mobile

The subway station doesn't have any elevator and escalator so u have to lift your heavy stuff up the long ladders which is not a good start for your day.
When you are done walking up a long way, u have to walk up hill for about 5 mins to reach the guesthouse.

The room is very dirty and especially the bathroom. My gf and I got rash all over our body after staying 1 night. So we moved out later.

There are ants in our room and cockroaches in the walkway.

It's not common for people in Korea to see cockroach or ant inside your room. The system is very good. That's why this guesthouse is very bad. I couldn't see any cockroach on the street anywhere in Korea too. This is the first place I see!!!

It's true that the guesthouse is near Numdaemun market but the subway systems in Korean is very convenient so I don't think u have to stay near any popular place. If u live farther, u will pay less for hotel and u can spend more for your shopping.

I've reported the Hostel organization already. So they can take down the prize they used to give this guesthouse.

I repeat "DO NOT STAY HERE"

Date of stay: July 2012
5  Thank Songhwang
Reviewed July 27, 2012

We stayed one night and all in all was okay, room and bathroom clean, comfortable bed, but no towels provided. staff was friendly, nice location close to namdaenum market, worth for the money if you don't stay in the room the whole day.

Date of stay: June 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 10, 2012

Stayed at Myeong Dong branch. It was okay but compared to other backpackers that I stayed in during my Korea trip, it is poorly maintained. No bedsheets or pillow case provided. Kitchen can barely fit one person and it stinks horrendously. You can only speak with some of the staff because the rest had such poor command of English that you're better off not speaking to them.

Date of stay: May 2012