“Feels like home! ❤” 5 of 5 bubbles

Guesthouse Korea
Ranked #249 of 534 Specialty Lodging in Seoul
“Feels like home! ❤”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2013 via mobile

I was stay in guesthouse Korea from February 26 until June 11, it was an amazing time.. The guesthouse maybe a bit old and the rooms are not big but warm treatment we received from the wonderfull staffl and the owner! Bed and bath rooms were clean, have coffee, internet, washing machine free of charge!! We responded with love to every question we had..I highly recommend <3

• Stayed February 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Budapest, Budapest, Hungary
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2013

Hi everybody I wanna offer this place everybody who want to discover heart of the city from the best starting point ...Insadong is amazing from this place everything is close and the nightlife wow...regarding to the house the night and atmosphere is the best where I ever was...I am always go back to play with friends there :) I can not say else just to recommend from deep of my heart!!!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Jerusalem, Israel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2013

Close to all tourist places most of them within walking distance, all rooms have a private bathroom and shower, clean place, Very comfortable also for a long stay.

It's a small place and at first we were a little disappointed. But at the end it was like a home to us.

The staff is very friendly, The owner is very nice and helped us a lot. The two men thet working there also very nice and help us to get by in Seoul. They helped us a lot with orders and comparing prices when we want to go some place. When we went to Jeju and Busan, Jino, one of them, help us to book the guesthouse there and Ordered flight tickets for us.

We planned to stay in Korea for two months but because we enjoyed so much staying there we postponed the flight and stay in Korea for 4 months.

Hope to be back to visit soon 

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013

This was the most affordable guesthouse i could find in Seoul. And the location was so convenient - near many historical sites, cultural areas, eating places and accessible to 5 subway lines.
But the room was too small and messy. The lounge and rooms were not sound-proof, so it can be annoying at times.
The heating facility did not work as well.
Would come back to this area to stay next time, and try avoid this particular hostel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Maui
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2012

September 2012 was my second stay at Guesthouse Korea, I stayed there earlier, during the lunar New Year, and vowed I would never return. Why? ...little heat in private room, ( it was freezing ) no toilet paper, coffee ran out on the second day, no towels, - actually this was just as well since the room I stayed in had virtually NO water pressure for a shower - plus NO hot water. The location, however, is excellent so I gave the place another try. The September stay started out great - actually had hot water and was provided with a towel, albeit a tiny one. The guesthouse seemed more organized. Unfortunately, ultimately that was not the case and I will look elsewhere during my next Seoul stay. There is, however, a nice assortment of world travelers coming through this place so perhaps that's Guesthouse Korea's saving grace.

Room Tip: It's the Luck of The Draw with this place - if the the owner is in town - well, you might enjoy...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank kilikina1
Manila, Philippines
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2012

I never expected much from a budget hostel like this but I really was satisfied with it. I thought it was a bad choice based on other reviews but luckily when we stayed, I was satisfied of what I got from the price that I paid. The location was good, it was just across Changeokdung and near Gyeongbokgung Palace so as well to Insadong. For a cheap place, you will have your own fridge and toilet, especially good if you are in a group because you can take 1 4-bedroom to yourselves. They serve sandwich and coffee for breakfast too. It was also clean. If you are looking for a low budget place and wanted to save up for admission fees to places to visit , this one was good at our time. I will still stay here again when I go back to Seoul. :)

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank icespring
Manila, Philippines
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2011

I stayed in this guesthouse for 5 days. The cheap single room was quite small but at least the bathroom was ensuite. The location is good because it is near two palaces, Insadong area, Jongmyo shrine, and Jongno 3 station which serves 3 subway lines. There are also numerous convenience stores nearby.

My room was at the ground floor and I have to agree on the smell reported by the other reviewers. The room was not spotless but I wouldn't call it dirty either. My toilet door also could not be locked. This didn't bother me because I traveled alone. I think it is a fair deal for the price.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo