“Excellent hotel in the heart of the city”

THE PLAZA Seoul, Autograph Collection
Ranked #22 of 474 Hotels in Seoul
Boston, Massachusetts
“Excellent hotel in the heart of the city”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2013

Spent five nights in this great hotel. Location couldn't be better for exploring the whole area. Staff was very friendly and my room was impeccable. The bar is incredibly expensive but with so many options nearby it was a non-factor.

On the slightly negative side, my room was advertised to have a working fireplace, a factor that went into my room selection, but when I arrived I was told it was only for decoration. It seemed to have working elements so I suspect there is more to the story.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank J B
PlazaMarketing, 매니저 at THE PLAZA Seoul, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, October 27, 2013
Dear J B,

I would like to thank you for having taken the time to write a review about your recent stay at The Plaza!

We are extremely delighted to see that you enjoyed our good location and guest service.
But we are sorry that you experienced inconvenience of mini bar price in room and you could not fully enjoy hotel facilities like a fireplace decorated in room. We would like to ask for your kind understanding on that issue since we did not run a fireplace for some safety reasons. And constructive criticism such as mini bar price helps us identify opportunities and be able to focus on service thoroughly.

I certainly look forward to welcoming you back to The Plaza soon, hopefully in no distant future.

Thank you again.

Warmest regards,

Director of Rooms

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Frederick, MD
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

I stayed at The Plaza for a business trip in late April. While the room itself was small, it was perfect for me since I was staying alone. There were so many modern amenities - the window curtains, lights, etc were all controlled by a touch screen remote on the bedside table. The bathroom was large and sparkling clean. My room was on the "club level" which provided me with a lounge area, free access to computers, happy hours, and breakfasts every morning. The staff was incredibly attentive and often was asking if I needed something before I realized I did. The hotel was next to the actual plaza where there are concerts and other activities. The hotel was close to many shopping areas and restaurants too. The fitness facility/pool is in the building adjacent to the hotel. I heard it was nice from my co-worker, but didn't go myself. I loved the underground shopping area!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
PlazaMarketing, 매니저 at THE PLAZA Seoul, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Dear Meehee66,

Thank you for taking time to share your The Plaza experience!

I would like to deeply thank you for choosing newly renovated THE PLAZA on your recent visit in Seoul!

We are facing Seoul City hall in the center of Seoul and located right above the subway station, City hall on 1 & 2 Line. Also many tourist attractions, shopping districts, historical sites and recommendable restaurants are within walking distance of our hotel. The renovated hotels rooms in 2010 present contemporary and unique designs and are furnished with custom-made furniture, high tech facilities, Wi-Fi and rain shower in a bathroom booth for guest’s convenience. Our fitness club with pool and sauna is located in the hotel annex in order to provide guests with more spacious facilities and pleasant environments.

I am sure that this review will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff, especially Club Lounge. I thank you for recognizing our Club Lounge for their excellent service extended to you.

We all send our regards and appreciation to you for the recognition and hope it will not be long to see you again.

Truly yours,

Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

My wife and I recently had a three night stay at the Plaza for our anniversary. Everything was first-class in this newly refurbished hotel. The rooms were on the smallish size but made up for it in terms of modern amenities and comfort. The location of the Plaza could not be better as you are in walking distance to many shopping, and sightseeing attractions. Very helpful and pleasant concierge staff who made some great recommendations for restaurants and shopping. Look forward to our next visit!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
PlazaMarketing, 매니저 at THE PLAZA Seoul, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Dear NVan14,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your good review on TripAdvisor. I am very happy to read that you enjoyed your stay at The Plaza.

As you mentioned, The Plaza is located right above City hall station on Line no.1 and 2, also within walking distance to the major tourist attractions such as historical sites and shopping districts, especially Myeongdong area by the underground arcade which makes guests easily get to those area regardless of weather.

The renovated hotel rooms in 2010 present contemporary and unique designs are furnished with custom-made furniture and high tech facilities such as touch panel which controls curtains, lights and phone, Wi-Fi and rain shower.

Our team always enjoys receiving comments and I will share these with them. We always strive to make each and every one of our guests as comfortable and pleasant as possible. I look forward to welcoming you again next time you are back in Seoul!

Thank you!

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2013

Second part of my stay in Seoul. Got the basic run of house room, which was adequate for me and my sister. Got an early check in at 12pm (subject to availability) where you stand a better chance if you are an iPrefer member.

It was my second stay at The Plaza, being here last year, the rooms were kept up to standard and the service was perfect.

One small issue is the toilet tiles in the room was a little dirty with "track marks" probably from a luggage.

Other than that, stay was good, perfect hotel for business or leisure.

Would definitely return to this hotel during my next year's trip !

Room Tip: Get a bigger room if you are used to rooms that are more than 30sq
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank HammieHam
Dear HammieHam,

I would like to deeply thank you for choosing again THE PLAZA on your recent visit in Seoul.
I am extremely delighted to see that you enjoyed our services and pleased to hear your compliments.
Your valuable review regarding room cleanness has been well noted and shared with all related teams. It is indeed regretful that we were not able to handle your inconvenience.

Thank you again.

Warmest regards,

Dhaka City, Bangladesh
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2013

Had a five night stay at Plaza, Seoul. Excellent Hotel at a best possible location of downtown Seoul. Everything is just around the corner. Its a newly refurbished hotel with quite a good number of facilities available. From the beginning, the hotel shuttle is good to and from Inchon. all other amenities are just excellent. Only one thing I didnt like, I don't think anyone liked it. The rooms are small, compared to similar hotels in that area, but the worst part is the small room has a very big bed, covered almost the whole room. Hardly any space left for easy movement, needless to mention other things to do. apart from that two huge spot lamps are standing in two corners of the room, which gives a stuffy feeling. I found it ridiculous.
Regarding buffet breakfast, the selection of fruits are meager. only one or two option of fruits. Where similar restaurants of this category have a wide selection of choice of fruits.
Apart from this two, Plaza Hotel is worth staying. Good value for money, excellent service, nice facilities, alll.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank asifuz
Dear asifuz,

Thank you for taking so much of your time to write a review of our hotel!

I noticed that you have had a mixture of some good and bad experiences during this stay.
I am really glad to know that you have enjoyed the convenient location and guest services. The Plaza is located right above City hall station on Line no.1 and 2 and also within walking distance to the major tourist attractions such as historical sites and shopping districts. And there is a limousine bus between the hotel and Incheon international airport 2~3 times an hour on a daily basis. Glad that you appreciated our location.
However, some guests feel our deluxe room and bathroom are quite small but we emphasize on business traveler’s sleep and the beautiful view by being furnished with bed in the center of Deluxe room. And constructive criticism such as the quality of the breakfast menu helps us identify opportunities and be able to focus on service thoroughly.

We always value guest feedback and especially when it concerns something that we can do better.

Once again, we appreciate the kind comments and will definitely look forward to welcoming you again!

Thank you.

Best regards,

Director of Rooms Team
Wellington, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2013

I was here for 4 nights on a work trip, and as work trips go, you tend to spend a lot of time at the hotel - after the 4 nights, I can happily say that this is a hotel that I would come back, period. While I didn't do much sightseeing apart from going to the palace, I could tell this hotel has a superb location. Very close to metro, it makes going to everywhere super easy. It also has an excellent view - try to ask for a room of the city hall - apparently that was where Psy had his free concert last year - this view is amazing. You see the old traditional palace, the blue house (equivalent to the white house), the modern high-rises...and the hills. Its a great view to wake up to every morning.

The hotel itself is excellent. Very professional services, room is spotless and modern, bed very comfortable. Showers has perfect water pressure. As you would expect from Korea, things here are high-tech - and this hotel certainly showcases that. It has a very cool toilet (even better than the ones in Japan!), and it has a central control thingie that you could use to set alarm, make phone calls, and best of all, turn the lights on and off and open or close the curtains. I loved it!

Staff was great - everyone I saw was polite and friendly. They would also try their best to help you if you have questions.

I had breakfast and dinners at the hotel, and can recommend the dinner at seven square, which serves a lot of different cuisine. Food is of high standard, however there wasn't much Korean fare. Breakfast...I had it one day, and decided it was better to go to the cafes nearby.

All in all, excellent hotel, central location - if you could get a reasonable price, don't think twice!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
PlazaMarketing, 매니저 at THE PLAZA Seoul, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Dear travelyun,

Thank you for taking time to share your The Plaza experience!
I would like to deeply thank you for having taken the time to write such a detailed good review about your recent stay at The Plaza!

Many guests highly praised that our location is so perfect to reach in all directions.

I am extremely delighted to see that you enjoyed our services and pleased to hear your compliments, and I am sure that this review will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff in hotel.
Also, constructive criticism like the quality of breakfast menu on Seven Square helps us identify opportunities and be able to focus on service thoroughly.

I always strive to make each and every one of our guests as comfortable and pleasant as possible.
We look forward to welcoming you back to The Plaza soon, hopefully in no distant future.

Thank you.

Best regards,

NYC, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2013 via mobile

Went to Seoul on a long wkend from HK. The hotel was recommended by a friend who said its a great place to base yourself to explore-- and it was. Smack in the center, it's easy to hop on the metro (so easy and well connected system) and walk to many attractions. The hotel is spotless, showers are perfect, beds are comfy, great amenities, fabulous gym. Some would say the rooms are small, and they probably are, but I grew up in NYC and now live in HK, so small is relative. Room was perfect for me. Staff try and are very helpful. And there is a shuttle bus to/from the airport which is fantastic. I would love to go back to Seoul. It exceeded my expectations as a city and I will certainly stay at The Plaza again.

• Stayed September 2013
4 Thank annmarie1122
PlazaMarketing, 매니저 at THE PLAZA Seoul, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Dear annmarie1122,

Thank you so much for spending time to share good comments on your recent stay at The Plaza. I am very happy to read that you enjoyed your stay at The Plaza.

The Plaza is located right above City hall station on Line no.1 and 2 and also within walking distance to the major tourist attractions such as historical sites and shopping districts. And the hotel is connected to the subway station and Myeongdong area by the underground arcade which makes guests easily get to that area regardless of weather.
The renovated hotels rooms in 2010 present contemporary and unique designs and are furnished with custom-made furniture, with great view overlooking Seoul City hall. In addition, high tech facilities such as touch panel which controls curtains, lights and phone, automatic door lock, and free Wi-Fi in each guest room aim at enhancing guests’ convenience.
We will continue to seek for improvement upon our current service and facility to create memorable hotel experiences for our guests!

We appreciate the kind recommendation and look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Sincerely yours,