The Plaza
$191
$157
$146
1,547 results
All reviewscity hallpremier suiteseparate buildingtouch screenbuilding next doorthe club loungecontrol panelcentral locationunderground walkwaywalking distancehigh techexcellent hotelrain showermodern roomslotte department storedowntown seoultourist attractions
Reviewed September 27, 2013

Just love this place, the girls in the executive lounge just fall over themselves to be of service. I arrived back was met at the front door (had booked car from airport) and taken straight to the executive lounge to check in. The staff said they all remembered me, and I think they did, as a glass of red wine arrived why I checked in!
When I got to my room, a lovely card from the staff welcomed me back, (lovely touch). I had booked a small suite for my weeks stay which also gave access to the executive lounge, this is excellent value. Everybody very friendly and exactly what you want after a hard day at work. Seoul is one of my favourite cities I visit, and it is partly down to this wonderful place and kind friendly staff. I'll be back again soon

Room Tip: Small suite overlooking city hall
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
PlazaMarketing, 매니저 at The Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2013

Dear Jonboy8,

I would like to deeply thank you for visiting The Plaza again and having taken your time to write such a detailed good review about your recent stay here.

I am extremely delighted to see that you enjoyed our services and pleased to hear your compliments. It seems to be our pleasure to hear that they speak highly of guest’s service than hotel’s facility or location. I am sure that this review will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff, especially Club Lounge. Also, we always strive to make each and every one of our guests as comfortable and pleasant as possible.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Plaza soon, hopefully in no distant future.

Thank you.

Reviewed September 23, 2013

Stayed for 5 nights and received good service the minute I alighted from the taxi. The taxi driver (which i got from the taxi station at incheon airport) was trying to overcharge us but thankfully the duty manager Ryan helped us to resolve the issue with the driver. The hotel is linked to myeongdong by a huge underground shopping arcade as well as to the subway (city hall station) so the location is excellent. And the concierge Michelle (Kim) gives very good dinner recommendations as well. In all, a very good stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013
PlazaMarketing, 매니저 at The Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2013

Dear TKW123,

I would like to deeply thank you for having taken the time to write such a detailed good review about your recent stay at The Plaza.

I am really glad to know that you have enjoyed guest service. I am sure that this review will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff especially Ryan Kim, duty manager and Michelle Kim from concierge as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services. As you mentioned, The Plaza is located right by City hall station on Line no.1 and 2 and also within walking distance to the major tourist attractions such as historical sites and shopping districts.

We always strive to make each and every one of our guests as comfortable and pleasant as possible. We wish you a nice day and look forward to welcoming you. Thank you.

Yong Woon Kim,

Reviewed September 21, 2013

Stayed for 2 nights at the Plaza for the second time on a business trip. Chose it mainly for the location - the hotel is literally in the city centre and walking distance to most offices in the central area. Also walking distance are lots of good restaurants, the palace and the charming Cheonggyecheon stream. The rooms are comfortable , though not very large. Tried the hotel restaurant for one of the meals which was nice. The hotel is also included in the airport limousine bus route which is a convenient way to get to and from the airport (also takes almost the same time).

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Dear Aus9,

It is fantastic to read such a good review and I appreciate that. I am quite pleased that you enjoyed our hotel and service.

The Plaza is facing Seoul City hall in the center of Seoul and located right above the subway station City hall on 1 & 2 Line. Also many tourist attractions, shopping districts, historical sites and etc, are within walking distance of our hotel. And there is a limousine bus between the hotel and Incheon international airport 2~3 times an hour on a daily basis.

We know our standard rooms are slightly small compared to other five-star hotels in Seoul, however they are newly renovated and feature high-tech facilities such as touch panel, rain shower and Nespresso coffee machine to relieve discomfort and optimize guest’s stay.

Once again, thank you for acknowledging many positive elements of your stay. It brings us great pleasure knowing that our team helped to make your stay a memorable experience.
We all send our regards and appreciation to you for the recognition and hope it will not be long to see you again.

Truly yours,

Reviewed September 20, 2013

I usually stay at another hotel close by but was recommended the Plaza. The lobby has a luxury feel about it but I fear that is where it stops. The service was very good and the staff very helpful for sure but the rooms were disappointing. Small, dark rooms even though I was in a exec suite and I just had a feeling that it wasn't all that comfortable as the other place.
It's proximity to city hall means that you are exposed to demonstrations on the green area outside the front of the hotel and loud crowds can be annoying.
In all it did the job but can't see myself returning.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Dear SeanHiggins,

We apologize for any inconveniences during your recent stay at The Plaza.
We understand that you have suffered some noises from outside hotel.

I noticed that you have had a mixture of some good and bad experiences during this stay. I am really glad to know that you have enjoyed guest service. The Plaza is located right by City hall station on Line no.1 and 2 and also within walking distance to the major tourist attractions such as historical sites and shopping districts.

We have a selection of rooms that faces Seoul Plaza in front of City hall, and that is quite noisy but with mesmerizing to view. In regards to noise from Seoul Plaza, double window system has installed to reduce noise level since we fully understand how important it is to sleep well during business trips.

But your constructive criticism helps us identify opportunities and be able to focus on service thoroughly. We always strive to make each and every one of our guests as comfortable and pleasant as possible.

I look forward to welcoming you again next time you are back in Seoul.

Yong Woon Kim,

Reviewed September 15, 2013

I stayed for 5 nights in The Plaza hotel in September 2013. The room was nice but very crowded with an extra large bed but the most importantly, the room was very clean. The bathroom was also clean and OK sized. The personnel was very friendly and polite. The WiFi was free and the hotel guests could also use the fitness room for free but it was in a different building. The hotel was also in a good location and it was easy to take a bus from the airport to the hotel, and it was near the tube station. The breakfast was also very good with many different options but the buffet was sometimes empty so it was not well organized despite of the many employees. Overall it was very nice experience and I would stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
PlazaMarketing, 매니저 at The Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2013

Dear Jaana K,

First of all I would like to thank you for having taken the time to write a review about your recent stay at The Plaza!

The renovated hotel rooms in 2010 present contemporary and unique designs and are furnished with custom-made furniture and high tech facilities. And we think it is very important to keep rooms in top shape to make each and every one of our guests as comfortable and pleasant as possible. As you mentioned, we are facing Seoul City hall in the center of Seoul and located right above the subway station, City hall on 1 & 2 Line. Also many tourist attractions, shopping districts, historical sites and recommendable restaurants are within walking distance of our hotel. I am afraid that you are disappointed at the bed and room size even we emphasize on business traveler’s sleep and the beautiful view in guest room.

We will continue to seek for improvement upon our current service and facility to create memorable hotel experiences for our guests!

I look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back to The Plaza again in the future.

Kind regards,