“What a lovely stopover!”

THE PLAZA Seoul, Autograph Collection
Ranked #22 of 474 Hotels in Seoul
Canton of Geneva, Switzerland
“What a lovely stopover!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

I did a one night stopover coming back from my beach holiday and it was bliss! I arrived early and I was already informed that the check-in was after 14:00 so I took a long breakfast at the hotel before I ventured out to explore Seoul. Lots of main attractions within walking distance. I walked up to the Seoul Tower on the second day. Easy access from the airport with the KAL limousine bus. I really like the layout of the room. I had a Deluxe Double Room and I e-mailed the hotel prior to my arrival asking for a room facing the City Hall (and the mountains). Will I be back? Definitely!

Room Tip: High floor, facing the City Hall!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Mrs_Explorer_yolo
PlazaMarketing, 매니저 at THE PLAZA Seoul, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Dear Chajna2012,

Thank you for sharing your the Plaza experience with us here.

Your comments on our location and room(Deluxe Double Room) help readers here, Tripadvisor to make a right choice.
The Plaza is located in the heart of Seoul, shopping districts and a short car journey from Seoul’s popular attractions. And the KAL limousine bus is most convenient and comfortable connection between the airport and the hotel. The better thing is, it stops right behind the hotel for your convenience.
Also it is great to hear that you enjoyed the magnificent view overlooking Seoul City hall from the window.

I certainly look forward to welcoming you back to The Plaza soon, hopefully in no distant future.
Thank you again.

Warmest regards,

Director of Rooms Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2013

This hotel is so central and the staff and service of the hotel is superb. THe Molton Brown toiletries are amazing and more amazing is possibly the state of the art fitness facilities. Apparently it is the most exclusive club membership in Seoul for a gym.

You can't go wrong with this hotel. The in-room Nespresso machine is also definitely a bonus.

Highly recommended.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
PlazaMarketing, 매니저 at THE PLAZA Seoul, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, February 17, 2013
Dear Ms. Katrina B,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us here on TripAdvisor. We are happy that you were delighted with your stay.

Yes, we are located right above City hall station on Line no.1 and 2 and also within walking distance to the major tourist attractions. Your emphasis on our service and the fitness club encourages us to continue providing this convenience to our guests. In addition, I am glad that you enjoyed about the bath amenity and the Nespresso coffee you had indulged in during your stay.
I hope you also enjoyed the rain shower in the shower booth which is one of attractive room facilities only in The Plaza. Your affirmations are shared with our staff and they join me in thanking you for your appreciation.

We will continue to seek for improvement upon our current service and facility to create memorable hotel experiences for our guests!

I certainly look forward to welcoming you back to The Plaza soon.
Thank you so much again.

Best regards,

Los Angeles
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2013 via mobile

Upon first impression, the Plaza seemed like a perfect hotel: amazing location, great service, lovely rooms, reasonable rates, and swank design. But. But, I stayed in the middle of winter and quickly discovered that the Plaza only has central heating so my room was set to a stuffy 82F degrees and I had no way of controlling the room's temperature. I sweated through my first night. On my second night the hotel staff suggested that I open my window vents, which means-- you guessed it-- instant noise coming from the center-of-things hotel location. Deeply disappointing but now I know why this hotel isn't a five star. Sadly.

Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
5 Thank KimSamSoon
Dear KimSamSoon,

Thank you very much for your recent stay with us and taking the time to provide us with your review.

Your valuable review regarding our heating system has been well noted and shared with all related teams. It is indeed regretful that we were not able to handle your inconvenience.
When guests want to control the room temperature, we suggest opening the ventilator or turning off the heating system before taking any other action. Or else, we provide them with other alternatives. But it should seem that we had not taken appropriate and timely measures to you. We will strive to provide the best in service by taking a more proactive approach from now onward.

However, I am pleased to learn that you enjoyed the rest of facility, location and service. We will continue to seek for improvement upon our current service and facility to create memorable hotel experiences for our guests.

I do hope we can welcome you back to the hotel in the near future. On that occasion, please kindly advise me directly how I could take care of you.

Sincerely yours,

Seoul
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

We loved the location of this hotel within walking distance of so many great things to do and see in Seoul. We had a suite with a living room, amazing bedroom with all the computerized conveniences we had never had before, a fingertip away. The bathroom had a rain shower that was delighttful, along with a huge bathtub that comfortably fits two. The breakfast buffet had a lot to offer, and we lingered for a long time!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank seoulcanadian
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2013

This is a beautiful hotel, located directly across from the City Hall in Seoul. The decor is inventive and the view was great, although the room was small and the bed occupied most of it. Even travelling alone, I was unable to unpack my suitcase fully, as there wasn't adequate drawer and shelf space. I was travelling on business, staying on a club floor, and the club amenities were the best of the five hotels I stayed in on this trip. Breakfast was varied, the afternoon and evening snacks were nice, and the service in the club lounge was superb. Wi-fi was completely reliable and the room was set up well for a business traveller. Size notwithstanding, I would stay here again. The location is great - both for the view of the city and the mountains in the distance and for the ease of getting to other places in Seoul or just going out to walk around.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the city hall have a great view of the city, a nearby palace, and the mountains beyond...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank gkq
Jakarta, Indonesia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2013

I stayed there with friends of 4 and we loved it. The room (we occupied twinshare) was nice and modern. The staffs are helpful and friendly the location is just best. The view from our room is also great. You can just stroll to the palace, you can reach to myeongdong shopping street, lotte duty free throughthe basement (this is the best part if you travel around winter time so you dont have to worry to walk in a cold) and a lot of coffee shops around.
I would definitely go back and stay there for my next seoul trip!

Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Brighton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2013

I love this hotel. OK the rooms can be a tad bejou, but what you lose in size you get back in style, with gigantic standard lamps and beds positioned in the middle of the room. But best of all, you get to look out onto the grassy area in front of the magnificent town hall where something is always happening, be it a youth rock concert, and exhibition of shoes or a gathering of the cities pensioners. One morning I watched a very long que of pensioners build up in front of a stall in the grassy area in front of the Town Hall where something was being given out for free when a lady at the back of the que slipped over starting a domino effect of falling pensioners. It was worth the price of the room just for that moment. Did I laugh? Yes.

Room Tip: Make sure you are looking out towards the Town Hall building
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo