“Best stay”
Review of THE PLAZA

THE PLAZA
Ranked #19 of 504 Hotels in Seoul
Reviewed November 15, 2012 via mobile

Service from check-in, bell boy concierge etc are impeccable. It makes the guests feel valued and I really appreciate their efforts.

I stayed in Premiere Suite and it is a good size for a couple. Room has everything that you want except no complimentary toothbrush and toothpaste.

If you are a gym lover, you will love this hotel. It is huge, has at least 20 threadmill and many other fancy equipment. My bf loves the gym and pool so much that The Plaza has become our one and only choice.

Tip: to go to the gym or underground pass without leaving the building, take the lift to LL (lower level). They are interlinked. And please try the bakery at The Plaza LL - Eric Kayser.

Reviewed November 15, 2012 via mobile

It's a nice hotel. Of course you're paying for all that plushness, but you can't take it with you when you go and sometimes you just want to be a little spendy. So fork it over and head immediately for the bathroom. No, seriously. It's a nice bathroom. The most controls on a toile I've ever seen, and I just spent two weeks in Japan, so that's saying something. I've been here four days now, and I haven't tried all the settings yet. Though I hesitate to hit the button with the picture of on elderly person labeled 'silver' (what is that?). Okay, enough bathroom humor for one review.

If you're not a big eater, don't pay extra to include breakfast with your room rate. Just go to the Eric Kayser bakery in the lower lobby and grab a freshly baked item for breakie. And you can't walk twenty yards in this town without hitting a coffee shop so no worries there either.

The hotel is located next to City Hall, where there always seems to be something going on. It's also at the City Hall Metro station, and it's really easy to get around on the subway. Just get a metro card and add money to it as needed.

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed November 12, 2012

I stayed at this hotel recently on a visit to Seoul. The location is excellent and the service levels are very good. The suite is a bit on the smaller side but with the all convenieces that one needs.

I was disappointed by the club facility offered and the buffet breakfast offered in the club.

This hotel needs to improve its game one notch at the very least.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank jdavis2009
Reviewed November 10, 2012

Wow!!! What a hotel! I stayed here for 3 nights on a business trip and was overly impressed with the service, the location, the food selection and all! This is a hotel used mostly by Westerners on business trips and leisure, seemed like it. The staff is super attentive (one of the front desk ladies accompanied me to my room to explain to me how things worked, as there were buttons for everything, even the toilet!). It is right next to the subway station, the new city hall, a palace, and just a ride away from various markets and important touristy sites. The rooms were small, which is understandable due to the prime location and price of real estate in this small country. Overall, this is a must stay!

• Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed November 8, 2012

I've stayed at this hotel 3 times over the last year and everytime I'm more impressed with it. The bed is so comfortable and rooms are so clean and equipped. The staff at this hotel are extremely polite and helpful. The location is very good and I can walk to many places for shopping or food easily. Only problem is that the gym is in the next building, so it makes it a little difficult to get out of the building in workout gear during winter to get to the gym.

Room Tip: Get a high floor so you will not hear the traffic.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 3, 2012

I stayed here on Nov 1, 2012 for only 1 night and I were very impressed with the overall of this hotel. The front desk and the bellboy were so attentive, I got the room upgraded to the Suite without asking for it. The location of the hotel is in front of Seoul City Hall that was always having the action going on ( I found out that one time even Psy,the Gangnam Style guy performed there).
The room is so hi tech that you do not have to do anything except pushing the control panel next to your bed.The light,alarm clock,all curtain,temperature, even the toilet has it own control panel.
Everything were so clean and comfortable. Excellent hospitality that made you want to go back but it is a little bit pricey. The hotel also has varieties of the restaurant but I did not have a chance to try it. I wish I stayed there longer.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 28, 2012

We decided to visit Seoul to see a close friend. We had no idea what a wonderful destination this vibrant city is!

We opted to stay at the Plaza and were a little nervous the first night when there was not a drawer in our suite and we were unsure where to put our socks. Any concern quickly dissappeared as we continued our stay.

A highlight of this hotel is the staff from the manager to the valets to the team in the club. Each person is polished, helpful, professional and eager to ensure our satisfaction as customers.

The club is wonderful with a complete Western breakfast each morning and a welcoming haven at any time of the day. Happy hour is a fun place to meet other guests and have some light snacks.

The location is great and the concierge will spare no energy booking day trips. We are so grateful to this team for making our time in Korea so very special.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple