“come if you are a gambler”

Millennium Seoul Hilton
Ranked #50 of 529 Hotels in Seoul
Reviewed October 4, 2013

overall comment: nice view, standard room, inconvenient location and surprisingly poor service.

- i check in this hotel with mum and 4 other friends. my friends booked 2 room and i booked 1 room. it took them a long time to process the rooms, because they only reserve one room for my friends......

- hotel has a taxi card with address and small map, except that it's only available in English and taxi drivers don't understand .

- there is no tooth brush in the room. day 1 i called to frontdesk to request.
day 2 also no toothbrush, so i called again but ask why a 5 star hotel not proactively provide tooth brush. the reply is very surprising "because we cannot provide tooth brush as required by law". but thus is my 2nd time to seoul this year and i have never heard of this before.....
seoul hilton is sure quite some 5 star hotel beyond your imagination.

• Stayed: October 2013
Write a ReviewReviews (1,803)

Reviewed October 4, 2013

it was great time. clean room, haevenly beding, kind hoteliers, yummy foods. get 99% chances room upgrade for hhonors members. also really wonderful location. great view of namsan. upto 3 adults can stay without additional charge. plus one extrabed you can get a free breakfast and free happyhour.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
EricSwanson, General Manager at Millennium Seoul Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2013

How nice it is to read about your recent stay with us at Millennium Seoul Hilton! We always strive to provide the very best for our guests. We are glad that your experience was so positive, and we hope to be able to serve you again soon.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

This is one amazing hotel. I'm not one to partake in the adjoined casino, but I have been staying here for about five years. Directly across from the Seoul Tower (I always request and obtain a view of the tower), world class gym, swimming pool, jacuzzi, and personal trainers are wonderful. The hotel is close to the famed Nam Dae Mun shopping district and subway access to the rest of the city. If you stay on the top three floors and obtain the Hilton Honors rate which includes the amazing breakfast and dinner with open bar and snacks at the lounge it is well worth it. If this is too pricey for your taste it is just uphill from the Downtown Seoul Backpackers hostel. In any case, no need for a US $60.00 taxi ride when the air-conditioned Korean Air public transport bus will drop you right here for about US $12.00 in about the same amount of time.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the Seoul tower.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for leaving such a complimentary message. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope that you will choose Millennium Seoul Hilton again on your next return to Seoul.

Now you can also travel between Incheon Int’l airport to Millennium Seoul Hilton by using the Arex Express high speed train to Seoul Station followed by the hotel ‘s complimentary shuttle bus. Trains depart Incheon Int’l airport every 30 min. starting from 05:20 hrs to until 21:30 hrs. The total travel time is 43 min. The hotel shuttle service operates every hour on the hour from 09:00 hrs to 19:00 hrs departing from the main entrance of the hotel. At Seoul Station contact the Millennium Seoul Hilton Support desk for assistance during arrival, and at departure contact the Hotel Concierge desk for information regarding Seoul Station shuttle timings.

Reviewed September 25, 2013

My boss and I travelled to Seoul for business trip for five days, and I decided to extend my stay there over the weekend. It was my first time to Seoul and it was a lovely city. However, the hotel experience with Hilton Millennium left a very bad taste in my mouth.

I was informed prior to the trip that this hotel is under a renovation and the higher floors are the rooms that are already renovated, I informed my travel agent to book a double bed room in the higher floor as my husband is joining me for the weekend. When I arrived the hotel in the check in counter, the staff there informed me that they upgraded my room to higher floor to a two single bed room rather than a double bed room. I told the check in staff that my husband is joining over the weekend so i need a double bed room. The staff then gave me a room in the floor that is not yet renovated. Needless to say, I was shocked with not only how dated the room looks but even the basic cleaniness is in question. I requested immediately to change to a higher floor. After numerous converstaion with front desk, they finally managed to change me to a higher floor double bed room which they claimed it was not availble before.

The renovated room is fair in a basic five star hotel. The room service is good and the staff is quite polite, except the price is bit in the high side. The facility of the hotel is standard. But there is a casino joining to the hotel and there were tour buses all day long starting very early in the morning. It can be a let down for business travelling. The breakfast is standard as well. The waiters there never asked me if I want coffee or tea until the last two days.

There is bit of language barrier, but it is expected and it should not be the excuses for the hotel staff not to extend the politeness, welcome and the quality of service that the guests should be receiving. The issue came when my husband arrived the hotel on Friday afternoon and I informed the front desk. A staff told me that my room rate would be different as I only booked the room for one person and only one breakfast was included. I politely asked him why was I not informed of the difference of the rate when I booked the hotel and even when I checked in where I informed the check in staff? The front desk staff then replied to me: "I am telling you right now, that the rate is different, so you need to pay the extra if your husband is going to take breakfast!" I immediately sensed his attitude and obviously displeased. I later complained to the hotel duty manager of the way i was treated. The extra cost is not the issue, the concern was the attitude of the staff. It is unacceptable to talk rudely to any guest, and I was very disappointed that the staff and even the duty manager was not able to understand the meaning of customer service. Although a complimentary breakfast was offered to my husband, Hilton Millennium Seoul, left a very bad taste in my mouth after that incident. I will not recommend this hotel to anyone and nor will I stay there again in my future visits of Seoul.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank Grape S
Reviewed September 25, 2013

As some people have mentioned this is an older hotel but as a hhonors diamond member we were upgraded to a renovated executive floor room.
The evening spread they put on in the lounge is the best I have seen so there is no need to go downstairs and pay the outrageous prices they charge in the restaurants. $18 for a bottle of beer is a bit over the top by anyone's standards and the food was about 5x what you would pay outside the hotel.
Extremely friendly staff and I would definitely stay there again if I ever ventured back to Seoul.

Room Tip: Upgrade to an executive room,bring our chequebook if you want to buy a drink in any of the bars
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 24, 2013

We stayed at Millenium Hilton Seoul for 3 nights over Chuseok and had a great stay. The hotel is well located close to a number of shopping areas/markets as well as the cable car to Mt. Namsan. These are in walking distance, however it is quite steep in some areas so maybe not so accessible for all. We walked from the hotel to Namsan cable cars, to Namdaemun, Myeongdong, Cheongyecheon stream and Insadong from the hotel, but took a taxi home as this was a long walk.

The staff at the hotel are wonderfully friendly, warm and accommodating, especially considering we have 3 children under 12. As other reviewers have mentioned, paying a little extra for executive lounge benefits is well worth it - the breakfast choice was good, snacks for lunch and more hot and cold choices in the evening along with drinks, plus a great view - who could complain? We made the mistake of going down to the buffet one night and paying big $$$ for this...and while it was nice it was not worth what we paid and in hindsight we should have just eaten in the executive lounge.

The rooms themselves are nice and modern, well serviced by housekeeping and good tv channel selection. Bathrooms are a bit tired but more than sufficient so no problems there.

Overall would definitely recommend, and would stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 20, 2013

The Hilton Millennium is located close to one of the main market areas. It is a nice, large and standard Hilton hotel. The staff at the front desk, the connoisseur service and the executive lounge are helpful and friendly. Paying extra for the executive lounge privileges is well worth the money. Nice sitting area and excellent breakfast and afternoon snacks. My main concern has to do with some problem when checking in. I had to wait for my room to be cleaned (which was OK as I arrived in the morning). Eventually, I was given a room that was clearly a “smoking room”, despite the fact that I had asked for a non-smoking room (why does Hilton still have rooms in which you can smoke). After waiting again, I was asked to move to a room next to the very disturbing and loud elevators and finally after several hrs., I was given a room in which I stayed for almost a week. A second minor problem has to do with the spa area, which is a bit run down and not as nice as the rest of the hotel. Apart from this, the Hilton Millennium is a nice hotel, but nothing special.

Room Tip: Ask for a non-smoking room (if you don't smoke). Rooms with a view of the mountain have a better...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business