“Solid Hilton quality”

Millennium Seoul Hilton
Ranked #49 of 522 Hotels in Seoul
Reviewed February 8, 2013

Stayed for 3 nights in this hotel. It is a typical Hilton hotel. No negative surprises. The room was large enough, clean and well kept. The service offered was friendly. The breakfast area was definitely to small and too crowded, although the food was good. There were a lot of restaurants in the hotel. So there was no need to get out after a long business day, which I enjoyed.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,803)

Reviewed February 2, 2013

Spacious, well equipped room in the executive floor. All you need with additional Laptop and mobile phone to use for your own. If you like to do some exercises out of the Fitness Center, go out and climb less than one hour up to the N Seoul Tower with endless steps, but later a wonderful view over the city.

Room Tip: Pay a little bit more for the executive floor, you get a good value for your money
1  Thank Juergen F
SeoulHilton, Public Relations Manager at Millennium Seoul Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2013

Thank you for your kind words. We appreciate the opportunity to welcome you and appreciate your business. If there is anything we can do to enhance our services please let us know. We are always listening to our Guests. Thanks again for choosing Millennium Seoul Hilton!

Reviewed February 2, 2013

I recently returned from a two week trip to South Korea. While I was there I stayed at the Hilton Millennium Seoul for my first and last night in country. I am a Hilton Diamond member so my experience may vary from the norm. When you arrive at the hotel they take your bags. This can be a little disconcerting and the bell boys are very persistent if you try and tell them you would rather keep your luggage. If you are a hhonors member that qualifies for the executive lounge then let them know when you walk it that you will be checking in on floor 21. I didn't realize my first time and waited at the front desk only to be told that as a diamond member I needed to check in upstairs. I was then escorted to the elevator so they could use their key card to send me to the 21st floor. i would have preferred them just checking me in since I was at the front of the line, but I appreciated skipping the line on my return visit. The executive lounge is excellent with a full bar and real food instead of just snacks.

The room has a control panel next to each bedside and a desk that was pleasant to work at. One of the diamond benefits is free internet which was configured correctly for me on one visit and had to be updated on my other visit. This beings me to the subject of billing. Twice I booked my room on the Hilton website. Twice I signed my paperwork agreeing to my billing rate when I check in. Twice when I checked out I was presented with a bill for over 100 dollars more than the agreed rate. I am understanding of the occasional mistake and don't bother to write a review normally, but systematic errors like these feel criminal to me and I had to let the community know. In the hotels defense once I pointed out that was not the rate I had agreed to they promptly corrected the error and said they were sorry for the mistake.

In summary a very nice place to stay, but keep your eye on the bill. Give yourself extra time at checkout to have them correct it.

Other items of interest:
From ICN airport exit door 11 then take the KAL limousine bus 6703. It costs 15000 won. You can also get a fixed price taxi rate for 70,000 I don't know if you can get better taxi rates I didn't negotiate much.
The shuttle bus from the hotel leaves hourly at 15 and 45 past the hour.

3  Thank Joshua M
Reviewed February 1, 2013

My wife and I've stayed here about a dozen times over the last year. This time there was a very noticeable difference in the level of customer service related to my Hilton Gold status. They'd always been nice enough, but it seems there may be a new friendliness initiative in 2013...keep it up! Even though, my wife always feels like they basically ignore her, even though she stands at the check-in desk right beside me - this time was no exception. The hotel is still overpriced in my opinion, but it is very centrally located near Seoul station and Namdemun Market. However, unless you want to trek up and down pretty steep hills, there's not much within easy walking distance regarding western style restaurants. Overall a good stay this time.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 25, 2013

Nice hotel very close to Seoul Station - 10 min walk - so great for public transport. We were upgraded to the Exec floor with good views across to Nansam park - great to see the tower illuminated at night. The room was a little dated but comfortable - they definitely need to upgrade the common rooms. Had a feel of the 80s. Saying all that - good hotel and enjoyed our stay. The location made it perfect for jetting around on the v easy to use Seoul transport system. Good base as well as we arrived in the snow so nice to `get home` and relax in a comfortable hotel. Would definitely stay again!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 22, 2013

Excellent, caring staff. First class amenities. My room even included a personal laptop computer and a cellphone for my use during my stay. Top shelf. Several excellent restaurants to choose from as well as an attached full service casino.

1  Thank 27rings
SeoulHilton, Public Relations Manager at Millennium Seoul Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2013

Thank you for your review. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay. All of us at Hilton are passionate about hospitality and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed January 18, 2013

I was in hilton hotel with my family. it was great experience than I expected. Hotel is good location when you want to see Palace and Downtown and Namtaemun market. but it little bit hard walking to hotel.
Breakfast is good. Also, Front staff were very helpful when you need information for trip. they can speak English and Japanese.
Specially, when you have any problem-hotel staff will hearty help!
( Thank you Mr.DY? ) I will stay on visits to seoul next year.gg

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Yoshimura S
SeoulHilton, Public Relations Manager at Millennium Seoul Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2013

Thanks for your kind comments about your recent stay with us. Hope to see you return again soon. Safe travels.