“Lotte to Love”
Review of Lotte Hotel Seoul

Lotte Hotel Seoul
Ranked #13 of 500 Hotels in Seoul
Reviewed May 10, 2014 via mobile

As first-time visitors to Seoul, we had plenty to explore within walking distance of Lotte Hotel. Visiting in December was really festive as they had lights and decorations galore. Rooms were spacious with nice details like a vanity area and small sofa. Bathroom had a separate tub with lovely Molton Brown toiletries. The phone was the control center of the room where you could operate every light, window covering, get hotel info, weather, city facts...everything. I loved it. The breakfast buffet was beautiful with everything imaginable. I had the most delicious tea in the lobby by a window with a view of the waterfall. My only slight criticism is that the style of the hotel overall is a bit eclectic with a traditional lobby, colorful dining room, modern, quirky rooms, etc. There is just not much consistency in style, but that can be overlooked. Lotte was a central home base for a wonderful first visit to Seoul.

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank Runtosun
worldbest2018, 프론트 매니저 at Lotte Hotel Seoul, responded to this reviewResponded May 11, 2014

Dear, Runtosun

Thank you for staying with us and taking your precious time to post good review on Trip Advisor.
We are so pleased to have received such wonderful comments and it is the greatest satisfaction for us to be received kind words from a valued guest.

We are very delighted to learn that you enjoyed our central location, comfortable and well-equipped guest rooms . Lotte Hotel will continue to provide most comfortable and exceptional service to our valued guest. We strive to exceed all our guest expectations by providing most warm, caring and personalized service at all times.

Once again, thank you very much and we look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to Lotte Hotel Seoul in the near future

There are newer reviews for Lotte Hotel Seoul

Reviewed May 10, 2014

I stayed for two nights in a club new wing double room.

Pros:
Centrally located hotel - 10 mins by taxi from Seoul station & 50 mins to/from incheon.
Very helpful staff nothing was too much bother.
Great views from the club lounge and well stocked.
Impressive lobby and great to have the lotte department store in the same building

Cons:
As previously mentioned in other reviews the doors & walls are paper thin, although nothing that can't be cured with ear plugs.
Only one plug for charging everything - fairly annoying
Poor decor finish around the bathroom area

Overall it's great for a wow factor 5* (I've stayed at a few) and they have the customer service sorted out but the rooms could be improved.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo

Dear, fox23

Thank you for allowing us to host you during your recent visit and for taking the time to share your glowing feedback on Trip Advisor. Earning referrals from previous guests is a wonderful compliment.

I am specially pleased that you loved our central location. And I appreciate your thoughtful compliment on our well-trained staffs' service. There is no greater satisfaction than receiving kind words from a valued guest.

Once again thank you for all your compliments and I hope to have the privilege of serving you on many more visits to Lotte Hotel Seoul in the near future.

Reviewed May 9, 2014

CHECK IN
We were a group of 40 and had to check in at the group check in area. Our flight got in at 6am and standard check in time was not until 2pm. I had 15 rooms booked and they were giving me 3 standard rooms available for check in. We decided to upgrade some of the rooms to larger rooms though as we had realized right before arriving that there rooms were small at 26sqm.
Strangely enough they weren't willing to give us both the upgraded rooms and the 3 standard rooms that were vacant. They just wanted to give us 3 rooms despite the upgrade and despite the fact that the 3 standard rooms were already available and vacant. They have some strange group check in policy. Fine!

What really ticked me off though was they asked me to get my key from the desk at 2pm as my room was ready. I got to my room and it had not been cleaned yet. I called the front desk but all I got was a quick apology and an explanation that there are only 2 maids per floor. The girl at the desk was planning to make me wait for the room to be cleaned but I insisted that they give me a room immediately. Guess what? They had a clean and vacant room just a few doors down. I still can't understand why they couldn't have assigned me to that room earlier.

CHECK OUT
Our flight was leaving late and I asked at the group check out counter if we could get late check out. She gave me 2 rooms for late check out. I then decided to try my luck at the regular counter. I had each member of our group ask for late check out for their respective rooms and guess what? they gave it to all the rooms.

I'm not sure why but it seems that Lotte Hotel Seoul is not as accommodating towards large groups as they are individuals.

ROOMS
Tight at 26sqm. Door to bathroom was a sliding door which didn't close properly

FOOD
Breakfast buffet was excellent with a large selection and great quality

BANQUET SERVICE
We had a private dinner for our family in one of the function rooms on New Year's Eve and the service and wait staff was excellent. They were the only bright spots in the hotel's service.

LOCATION
Great! Central and close to a lot of stores and restaurants.

Would I stay here again? Probably not

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank thefloralist
Reviewed May 6, 2014

Excellent hotel right in the centre of Seoul. Within walking distance of the downtown sector and many shops and eating establishments.
The Hotel is next to / part of the Lotte Department store - high class shopping at your fingertips !

Expensive to eat and drink in the hotel with a cup of coffee coming in at $20 USD !!!
Breakfast was one of the best experiences I've had in a hotel whilst travelling ..... a wonderful array of food from all different continents, well worth the £21 a head I think.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
worldbest2018, 프론트 매니저 at Lotte Hotel Seoul, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2014

Dear, Birdlover999

First of all, thank you for staying with us and sharing your experience with other travelers on Trip Advisor.

It is honorable to read that you liked our location right middle of Seoul center area and also enjoyed the service provided by our well trained staff. Your kind words are of the greatest encouragement to all of us.

Again, thanks for your great attention on our hotel. Hope you visit us and have a great experience again.

Reviewed May 5, 2014

This was my first time staying at a Lotte and I loved it. The Lotte Seoul has the most elegant, sweeping lobby, with a beautiful patisserie and bar at one end. I had a couple of detailed requests for some paperwork I needed processed and also an international airline check in which they handled immediately and flawlessly. I was there on business and had to leave early in the morning and come back around 9 pm at night, right as the patisserie puts all of their goods out at 50% off. Usually having skipped dinner, I was able to buy a couple of things and then go up to the club floor to hang out in a serene room on the 31st floor with a beautiful view. There is a latte machine on the club floor, so that completed my evening meal. There seems to be a library theme at the hotel, and my floor had a gorgeous library/sitting area which looked like it was hardly ever used, but should have been. Highly recommend for business or pleasure. Oh and one more thing- the most outstanding breakfast is served on the club floor with huge selection. Everything is delicious.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business

Dear. Carol C

Thank you for staying with Lotte Hotel Seoul and posting a valuable review on Trip Advisor. We are very appreciative and grateful to you.

It is extremely good to hear that your stay was great with us. We are currently more putting our efforts on the general quality of room which is most important part of your comfort and relaxation along with the quality of service by consistently training our staffs for better language and attitude. We are training our staff to always provide our guests with great service by showing good attitude. We always want our guests to feel themselves welcome.

Once again thank you very much for choosing the Lotte hotel Seoul and taking the time to leave a warm review. I hope your previous stay and experience will bring you back to our hotel.

Reviewed May 3, 2014

We stayed at the Lotte Hotel for 3 nights this week. Here's the lowdown on the good, the bad and they ugly.

The Good:

1. Very convenient location, take the 6071 KAL Limousine from Incheon Airport and it drops you right in front of the hotel Main Wing in 70 mins.
2. Located across the street from the Myeong-Dong shopping area and right above the subway station Euljiro-1 on Line 2 (Green).
3. Centrally located north of the Han River and just 15 minutes away by subway to other tourist areas Dongdaemun, Insadong and Hongdae. As well as 25 mins to Gangnam.
4. Hotel staff are helpful and speak English quite well.
5. If you stay on the Club Floor (we paid roughly US400/night incl 2x breakfast), you get a basic selection at the breakfast buffet, tea buffet and happy hour buffet with free booze as well. This was really a nice perk.

The Bad:

1. Despite staying in the 'New Wing' - the room felt old. Furniture, table, doors and walls all had scuff marks and looked really old and used. I've stayed in many 5-star properties and trusted the #1 rating on Tripadvisor - but if you're really looking for luxury (over convenience), stay at a more reputable 5-star hotel chain. For $400/night I did expect more.

2. I find this is a problem with a lot of hotels - not enough plugs and none bedside. We had to use 1 socket across the room to charge 2 phones, batteries, iPads and couldn't keep my phone by my side to set the morning alarm. Annoying.

3. The more 'senior' waitstaff members provided excellent service at the Club Lounge, but the younger more junior staff were slightly more lazy. When they ran out of bagels a few mornings, the junior staff told me there were no more and left it at that. I asked another more senior-looking wait staff and right away she got me a bagel from the bakery and even toasted it for me. The buffet food wasn't refilled enough and often became cold.

4. If you do stay at the Club Floor, you can't check-in at the Main Wing, you need to go on the 27th Floor. So when you get dropped off by anyone, make sure you go to the new wing, unless you want to walk across the main lobby.

The Ugly

1. The Walls are WAY TOO THIN. We heard way more futuresexlovesounds from our neighbours than we should have on 2 out of 3 nights - past midnight. It was really gross.

2. The doors open and shut very loudly, waking us up very early in the morning and very late at night. Which was pretty annoying while being on holiday.

3. We had random hairs in our bathtub on the first night. So I and to clean / scrub the tub before taking a bath after a very long day of walking and sightseeing. Ewww.

Overall, the convenience was great, but the hotel itself was lacking in infrastructure and quality.

I would probably try another hotel the next time I come to Seoul. The Plaza and Westin Chosun are right next door.

Room Tip: Don't stay next to the elevators. You'll hear everyone coming and going all morning / all n...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 1, 2014

The staffs are very beautyful.
The hotel look still new even open around 35 years.
All the outlet is nice, staffs are will care to the cutomer.
The room is a little small but very clean. Convinience
The marble floor at Lobby is very shiny.

• Stayed: April 2014
worldbest2018, 프론트 매니저 at Lotte Hotel Seoul, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2014

Dear, tranthianly271270

Thank you for your stay with us and for taking the time to post a good review. We appreciate your valuable feedback on TripAdvisor.

We would take this opportunity to review our service standard, and try to improve even harder to meet your expectations. We will continue to provide most comfortable and exceptional service to our valued guest. We strive to exceed all our guest expectations by providing most warm, caring and personalized service at all times.

Thank you very much and we look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to Lotte Hotel Seoul in the near future.