“Excellent and seamless service!”
Review of Lotte Hotel Seoul

Lotte Hotel Seoul
Ranked #15 of 505 Hotels in Seoul
Reviewed January 25, 2013 via mobile

Great place to stay. It's conveniently located. It's near Myeongdong, a shopping belt. Or if you are too lazy to go out, you have Lotte supermart and foodcourt right at the basement of the hotel. Hotel staff are all very helpful and friendly. Concierge speaks good english. We wanted to rent a car and the concierge helped us to arrange for it. the rental guy dropped the car off at the hotel and when we were done with the car, we simply dropped the car off at the hotel front porch and the bell-hop took care of everything, i.e. Informing the rental guy to pick it up. No fuss, seamlessly executed. We stayed in 2 different rooms over our 5 days stay. Ome downside was the first room we stayed at, has the problem of mini flooding from the bathroom as the bathroom door/wall dont seem to be properly insulated and caused water to spill into the bedroom. The other room on a lower floor was great; super spacious and very cosy.

• Stayed: January 2013
KSimonKim, 프론트 매니저 at Lotte Hotel Seoul, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2013

I,Front Manager of Lotte Hotel Seoul, am writing this letter on behalf of the entire working staff of this hotel in order to express the gratitude which we feel for the appreciation which you have conveyed to us. You have been one of the most understanding patrons which the hotel has seen and have supported the hotel staff in making your stay as comfortable as we would have wanted to deliver.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

During this trip to seoul it's the winter season where it's wet, cold and frosty. I am more than glad to have been billeted in the top rated hotels and had to the chance to confirm and affirm the reviews that have Been written.
From the moment you step out of the vehicle the well versed and gracious doors men greet you their sincere welcome. The hotel exteriors are grand and flashy as it was still beautifully adorned with Christmas decors.
Service staff are very efficient and gracious and always willing to help in any way they can.
The rooms are very cosy and have panoramic views of the city and the mountains as well. The rooms are spacious including the bath and hi tech heated toilet that was very helpful during the freezing season. The room amenities are ample and cleaned well by house keeping.
The club floor serves good breakfast , afternoon tea and buns of cocktails with some canapés and house wines.
The hotel houses 3 well known restaurants where you can sample great food and service such as la seine, mugunghwa and fine dining French restaurant Pierre gagnaire.
But the true reason of its claim to fame is the convenience that this hotel offers such as its adjacency to the lotte department stores and it has the duty free store as well. Aside from this for foodies who would want to try korean food at its best- the lotte food court is complete and has every korean meal of its kind including desserts and street food. And if you would want food souvenirs the grocery is also located inside this complex where there is a huge variety of delicious products to take home or sample during your stay.
Lastly, even if it's cheap to take a cab the metro of seoul is very efficient , clean and safe and yes there is a link from the hotel to the subway and can shop along too along the way.
In general, this hotel is in the middle of the must see attractions so you can walk it, metro it or cab it . For shopaholics, this is the place to be as the fashion and shopping district of myeongdong is accessible thru the underground walk.
It may be pricey but truly worth it...

Room Tip: If you can afford the club room please do so. The old wing had the better views in my opinion. But t...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Xtinemd73
worldbest2018, 매니저 at Lotte Hotel Seoul, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2013

Greeting from Lotte Hotel Seoul !

First of all, thank you very much for you recent stay with us..

We are extremely happy to read that your stay has been most pleasant, and that we are considered to be one of your favorite hotels!

It is great to see that our guests are enjoying the facilities and services we have to offer, such as our wonderful Club Floor as well as hotel restaurant and great location to acces shopping areas.

We will continually work towards providing warm and genuine service and exceeding our guest expectations.

Once again, thank you very much and we look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to Lotte Hotel Seoul in the near future.

Warm Regards and best wishes

Reviewed January 23, 2013

I took a break from my usual crew hotel and decided to spend some of my own money for an overnight stay and boy did I make a great decision. I was told this is one amongst the best hotels in Seoul and they couldn't have been more right. To add the cherry on top of the treat, I got crew discount, which made the trouble of coming here all the way from the airport totally worth it. The location is amazing but one thing I would like to point out is the excellent service. Upon my request, they managed to get me dinner at 3:30 AM. I was not expecting it to be something amazing but heck, I think I've stayed at crew hotels a little too much that now my expectations are never too much. Nevertheless, the hotel is nicely location, and you get your money's worth. My room was sufficiently larger and room service was very prompt. I would definetely return.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo

Thank you for staying with us at Lotte Hotel Seoul.

I have well received your compliments during your last stay with us. I am very pleased to hear that you were touched by my cordial reception which was mere nothing but my sincerity. It was worthwhile to receive compliments from you and your comments will be kept in my mind at all times.

Thank you again and I hope to welcome you soon with a warm hearted service at Lotte Hotel Seoul.

Reviewed January 21, 2013

My review maybe biased on the positive side, since we stayed here after a ski trip and we were tired and longed for good service, great beds and pillows.
We stayed at the main wing, and this hotel pleasantly surprised us with their cheerful, attentive service, awesome comfy beds and pillows, and in general everything was top notch (except for a shower tap handle which wanted to fall on me). Great location, will definitely be back.
The only negative things I can say about this hotel is the shower handle, and the fact that the rooms could be a litttttle bit bigger.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends

Grettings From Lotte Hotel Seoul !

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with other travelers on TripAdvisor!

It is always a great pleasure reading a good reviews such as yours, and we were happy to learn that you had a great stay with us.

Once again, thank you very much to sharing your experience and we will keep it up for the greatest service in the future as well.

Looking forward to welcoming you again soon!

Reviewed January 20, 2013

Went to Seoul and stayed in Lotte Hotel Seoul.

From airport you can take the KL Limousine Bus to Lotte Hotel Seoul.

Check in at the 14 floor of the new wing was easy and professional. Our luggage were sent to our room very quickly.

Room on the new wing has fantastic view of the city. Room is clean and well decorated. Breakfast Buffet is fantastic too.
Best of all right below the hotel is Lotte Mall where you can find many food stores and restaurants. Please do try Korean strawberries, they are the sweetest loveliest fruit. Shopping is also adjacent to the hotel with many International brands. This mall has a Kids Center is where you can let your kids play while you shop. Kids have to to be supervise by an adult.

Right outside the hotel are authentic Korean restaurants that is open until 11 pm.

A few minutes walk you can get to Ice Skating right beside City Hall. Cost of skating is only 1US$ for one hour, that includes skating shoes and helmet!

You can also book your tours in the hotel. The hotel has a tour lounge where you can book just about anywhere in Seoul. Overall we enjoyed our stay at Lotte Hotel Seoul.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank yama9262

Greeting from Lotte Hotel Seoul !

Thank you very much for you valuable comments on TripAdvisor .

First of all, we are happy to hear that we are considered you had a great stay with us !
As the one of best hotel in Seoul, we are appreciative of all guest feedback as it greatly assists us in improving our services.

Once again, thank you very much and we look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to Lotte Hotel seoul in the near future.

Reviewed January 17, 2013

I stayed here for just two nights before Christmas and had spent a bit of time researching before finally deciding on the Lotte Hotel. I live in Tokyo and noticed that this hotel has a reputation as being 'dated' and 'old' by many of my Japanese here so I was a little worried at first. But thankfully , they couldn't have been more wrong.

The rooms were clean, modern and the view was beautiful, especially with the elaborate Christmas light display that was at the front of the hotel. There were petit fours and a little note welcoming us when we arrived the room which was nice. The refrigerator was handy as we had brought some wine over with us. The pillow menu was interesting with over 15 pillows to choose from including a wooden one. I didn't try any though as the pillows they provided were very comfortable, as was the bed. The only drawback about the room is I guess the suite was a little small in comparison to other hotels I have stayed at but not overly so that it was a problem.

I liked how the bathroom had a vanity counter separate from the basin area and the shower had great pressure. The bathroom amenities were good too and the bath salts were a nice touch and a lovely way to relax in the evening.

The club lounge had a pretty good selection of alcoholic beverages including wine and various types of spirits to make your own cocktails. Although on the Saturday night it was pretty busy and there was a table of three girls who were basically treating the lounge like a restaurant for dinner and had their table piled with plates of food...

When we went in for breakfast around 9:30pm on the Sunday morning it was packed and the concierge gave us a coupon for the buffet breakfast downstairs which was out of this world! Undoubtedly the best buffet breakfast I've ever been too and would put Las Vegas buffets to shame. I didn't even get to see all of the food that was on offer but they have something for everyone including all kinds of asian and western food and everything in between.

Service was always lovely, warm and given with a smile. The club lounge concierge helped to recommend a korean bbq restaurant for dinner just behind the hotel which was foreign friendly. Check out was quick and easy. The location is by far the best you will get in Seoul and this factor alone made it a great choice for us. We could walk to Myeongdong within 5 mins and the Lotte Dept. Store was right next door. Taxis out the front were always easy to catch with the help of the hotel staff.

I would have no problem staying here again and recommending it to my friends and family.

Room Tip: The club lounge rooms are a good choice for their convenience to grab a quick snack or drink but be...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank TokyoKiwi87

I, front manager of Lotte Hotel Seoul, am writing this letter on behalf of the entire working staff of this hotel in order to express the gratitude which we feel for the appreciation which you have conveyed to us. You have been one of the most understanding patrons which the hotel has seen and have supported the hotel staff in making your stay as comfortable as we would have wanted to deliver.

It is seldom that an appreciation is received after all the hard work put in by working staff from various departments of the hotel. The words of appreciation from both of you have been encouraging and we are very grateful for this gesture of yours. I hope that future brings the day when we get the opportunity to serve you again. I wish you all the very best for your health and prosperity in future.

Thank you!

Reviewed January 15, 2013

Ive been to many hotels throughout my life but i can definately say without doubt that lotte hotel was THE best of all! Great clean rooms with a great location and view gave me and my friends the best experience we could have ever hoped for. I strongly recommend you to stay at lotte!!!!!!!

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank dlwlsrud1
worldbest2018, 매니저 at Lotte Hotel Seoul, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2013

Grettings From Lotte Hotel Seoul !

Looking forward to welcoming you again soon!