“Everything you could need and service with a smile :)”
Review of Lotte Hotel Seoul

Lotte Hotel Seoul
Ranked #13 of 500 Hotels in Seoul
Reviewed January 17, 2013

I stayed here for just two nights before Christmas and had spent a bit of time researching before finally deciding on the Lotte Hotel. I live in Tokyo and noticed that this hotel has a reputation as being 'dated' and 'old' by many of my Japanese here so I was a little worried at first. But thankfully , they couldn't have been more wrong.

The rooms were clean, modern and the view was beautiful, especially with the elaborate Christmas light display that was at the front of the hotel. There were petit fours and a little note welcoming us when we arrived the room which was nice. The refrigerator was handy as we had brought some wine over with us. The pillow menu was interesting with over 15 pillows to choose from including a wooden one. I didn't try any though as the pillows they provided were very comfortable, as was the bed. The only drawback about the room is I guess the suite was a little small in comparison to other hotels I have stayed at but not overly so that it was a problem.

I liked how the bathroom had a vanity counter separate from the basin area and the shower had great pressure. The bathroom amenities were good too and the bath salts were a nice touch and a lovely way to relax in the evening.

The club lounge had a pretty good selection of alcoholic beverages including wine and various types of spirits to make your own cocktails. Although on the Saturday night it was pretty busy and there was a table of three girls who were basically treating the lounge like a restaurant for dinner and had their table piled with plates of food...

When we went in for breakfast around 9:30pm on the Sunday morning it was packed and the concierge gave us a coupon for the buffet breakfast downstairs which was out of this world! Undoubtedly the best buffet breakfast I've ever been too and would put Las Vegas buffets to shame. I didn't even get to see all of the food that was on offer but they have something for everyone including all kinds of asian and western food and everything in between.

Service was always lovely, warm and given with a smile. The club lounge concierge helped to recommend a korean bbq restaurant for dinner just behind the hotel which was foreign friendly. Check out was quick and easy. The location is by far the best you will get in Seoul and this factor alone made it a great choice for us. We could walk to Myeongdong within 5 mins and the Lotte Dept. Store was right next door. Taxis out the front were always easy to catch with the help of the hotel staff.

I would have no problem staying here again and recommending it to my friends and family.

Room Tip: The club lounge rooms are a good choice for their convenience to grab a quick snack or drink but be...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank TokyoKiwi87
KSimonKim, 프론트 매니저 at Lotte Hotel Seoul, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2013

I, front manager of Lotte Hotel Seoul, am writing this letter on behalf of the entire working staff of this hotel in order to express the gratitude which we feel for the appreciation which you have conveyed to us. You have been one of the most understanding patrons which the hotel has seen and have supported the hotel staff in making your stay as comfortable as we would have wanted to deliver.

It is seldom that an appreciation is received after all the hard work put in by working staff from various departments of the hotel. The words of appreciation from both of you have been encouraging and we are very grateful for this gesture of yours. I hope that future brings the day when we get the opportunity to serve you again. I wish you all the very best for your health and prosperity in future.

Thank you!

There are newer reviews for Lotte Hotel Seoul

Reviewed January 15, 2013

Ive been to many hotels throughout my life but i can definately say without doubt that lotte hotel was THE best of all! Great clean rooms with a great location and view gave me and my friends the best experience we could have ever hoped for. I strongly recommend you to stay at lotte!!!!!!!

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank dlwlsrud1
worldbest2018, 매니저 at Lotte Hotel Seoul, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2013

Grettings From Lotte Hotel Seoul !

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with other travelers on TripAdvisor!

It is always a great pleasure reading a good reviews such as yours, and we were happy to learn that you had a great stay with us.

Once again, thank you very much to sharing your experience and we will keep it up for the greatest service in the future as well.

Looking forward to welcoming you again soon!

Warm Regards
Susan Lee

Reviewed January 9, 2013

Lotte Hotel is by far, a true 5-star hotel with the best location. Linked to it next door is the Lotte Shopping Mall where you can get all your shopping. At the Level 9-10 of the Lotte Department Store is the Lotte Duty Free where you can shop for your luxury goods, duty free (much cheaper) and the major cosmetics brands as well. Good restaurants such as Hanwoori on the upper floors as well. Myeongdong shopping street is just 5minutes walk across the road.

The rooms are fairly spacious and comfortable. The main wing has been revamped not too long. We even have a bottle of wine complimemtary in our room.

The added touch is the availability of a Korean mobile phone in your room for you to use during the stay. You only pay for outgoing calls. Receiving calls is free of charge and you can get your pals to call you at the phone without incurring roaming charges.

Service is great and in Korea, you are not expected to tip.

Great stay and would defiinitely return to the hotel again.

Read more on: http://snewthewanderlust.blogspot.sg/2012/12/lotte-hotel-seoul.html

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank KeiGal
KSimonKim, 프론트 매니저 at Lotte Hotel Seoul, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2013

Thank you for staying with us at Lotte Hotel Seoul.

I have well received your compliments during your last stay with us. I am very pleased to hear that you were touched by my cordial reception which was mere nothing but my sincerity. It was worthwhile to receive compliments from you and your comments will be kept in my mind at all times.

Thank you again and I hope to welcome you soon with a warm hearted service at Lotte Hotel Seoul.

Reviewed January 9, 2013

I stayed at Lotte in Dec. 2012 and found it very convenient. The coach to and from airport is right at the door. You don't even have to go outside for the Lotte Dept. Store where you can spend hours. Myong Dong is also right across the street and it's reachable by the underground tunnel. It's everything you need especially when the weather is bad. I would definitely stay there again next time.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank CC7788

Reviewed January 6, 2013

I asked for a hotel closest to my office and this was recommended. I had stayed at the Westin Chosun earlier which is actually quite close and I could see it from my room in Lotte. Lotte was marginally closer to the office. It turned out to be a very good choice. I stayed in a business floor room. Very well appointed and nice amenities. Had breakfast in the club lounge. Perhaps the one in the main dining area would be more elaborate. Very helpful staff. I had to pick some stuff to bring back and the Lotte mall which is connected to the Hotel was very convenient though a bit pricey.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
worldbest2018, 매니저 at Lotte Hotel Seoul, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2013

Season’s greetings from Lotte Hotel Seoul !

Thank you very much for you valuable comments on TripAdvisor .

First of all, we are happy to hear that we are considered you had a good stay with us !
As the one of best hotel in Seoul, we are appreciative of all guest feedback as it greatly assists us in improving our services.

Once again, thank you very much and we look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to Lotte Hotel seoul in the near future.

Warm Regards
Susan Lee

Reviewed January 1, 2013

Located in one station in Line 2, this hotel covers a handful attractions within walking distance: Myeongdong area, some palaces, squares, etc. Lots of shopping stores, duty free shops, and snacks nearby. Hotel is fairly well operated.

Room Tip: Ask for street view
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Qin J
KSimonKim, 프론트 매니저 at Lotte Hotel Seoul, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2013

Thank you for staying with us at Lotte Hotel Seoul.

I have well received your reviews during your last stay with us. It was worthwhile to receive compliments from you and your comments will be kept in my mind at all times.

Reviewed December 31, 2012

I was glad I read the reviews of all categories of tripadvisors on this hotel n decided to play it safe with booking the club rooms. Booked directly w the hotel, stayed 4 nites, breakfast included, at an average of 400000 won per nite at the main bldg.
The rooms at the club level are recently renovated. Let me tell u what wows:
1. The location is 5 minutes' walk to the main myeongdong underpass; Myeogdong, in my opinion is the best shopping district- fixed price shops where u dont need to bargain ( to me bargaining is an utter waste of energy coz u can never be sure whether u get a gd bargain). Location , bear in mind, is crucial if u r on a short visit n dont want to waste time handling taxi drivers who cant speak much English , if u dont want to tackle the pretty bad traffic jams n if u dont want to spend too much time walking in the bitter cold ( even 10 minutes in the cold can b a torture!).
2. the toilet at the club room is awesome! Bidet's gd ( though the toilet seat shd hv been warmed, duh!) , shower stall has multiple shower heads to massage ur back n the bath tub is big w practically all accessories given, including loofah scrub n sewing kit.
3. TV has 76 channels w alot of English channels n translated ones. Nice lounge sofa in front of tv.
4. free complimentary water n welcome chocolates n macarons given. n bed is really firm n luxurious w big pillows. Housekeepers that greet u when u walk past - all make the experience v pleasant.

What needs improvement - I found the rooms a little chilly though I set the thermostat at 27, I felt the room was not warm enough. Secondly the club where we chill out needs better furnishings, better books n better breakfast - breakfast is v average.
Overall, the hotel caters to English-speaking travellers.

Room Tip: when we requested a better rate through email, the hotel kindly acceded to our request, giving a sma...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family