“Great view and location”
Review of Lotte Hotel Seoul

Lotte Hotel Seoul
Ranked #13 of 500 Hotels in Seoul
Reviewed January 1, 2013

Located in one station in Line 2, this hotel covers a handful attractions within walking distance: Myeongdong area, some palaces, squares, etc. Lots of shopping stores, duty free shops, and snacks nearby. Hotel is fairly well operated.

Room Tip: Ask for street view
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Qin J
KSimonKim, 프론트 매니저 at Lotte Hotel Seoul, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2013

Thank you for staying with us at Lotte Hotel Seoul.

I have well received your reviews during your last stay with us. It was worthwhile to receive compliments from you and your comments will be kept in my mind at all times.

Thank you again and I hope to welcome you soon with a warm hearted service at Lotte Hotel Seoul.

There are newer reviews for Lotte Hotel Seoul

Reviewed December 31, 2012

I was glad I read the reviews of all categories of tripadvisors on this hotel n decided to play it safe with booking the club rooms. Booked directly w the hotel, stayed 4 nites, breakfast included, at an average of 400000 won per nite at the main bldg.
The rooms at the club level are recently renovated. Let me tell u what wows:
1. The location is 5 minutes' walk to the main myeongdong underpass; Myeogdong, in my opinion is the best shopping district- fixed price shops where u dont need to bargain ( to me bargaining is an utter waste of energy coz u can never be sure whether u get a gd bargain). Location , bear in mind, is crucial if u r on a short visit n dont want to waste time handling taxi drivers who cant speak much English , if u dont want to tackle the pretty bad traffic jams n if u dont want to spend too much time walking in the bitter cold ( even 10 minutes in the cold can b a torture!).
2. the toilet at the club room is awesome! Bidet's gd ( though the toilet seat shd hv been warmed, duh!) , shower stall has multiple shower heads to massage ur back n the bath tub is big w practically all accessories given, including loofah scrub n sewing kit.
3. TV has 76 channels w alot of English channels n translated ones. Nice lounge sofa in front of tv.
4. free complimentary water n welcome chocolates n macarons given. n bed is really firm n luxurious w big pillows. Housekeepers that greet u when u walk past - all make the experience v pleasant.

What needs improvement - I found the rooms a little chilly though I set the thermostat at 27, I felt the room was not warm enough. Secondly the club where we chill out needs better furnishings, better books n better breakfast - breakfast is v average.
Overall, the hotel caters to English-speaking travellers.

Room Tip: when we requested a better rate through email, the hotel kindly acceded to our request, giving a sma...
1  Thank mordecai12

Hope to see you soon!!!

Reviewed December 29, 2012

I've stayed at three different hotels in Seoul (Lotte, Hyatt, Westin). Of the three Lotte is in the best location if you have business in downtown Seoul. The rooms can use a refresh (carpets are worn and stale), but they are spacious and have excellent views looking across the city. The rooftop bar is nice but "cut up" with too many nooks so you lose the ambiance and views. Will definitely continue to stay here in future.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for staying with us at Lotte Hotel Seoul.

I have well received your compliments during your last stay with us. I am very pleased to hear that you were touched by my cordial reception which was mere nothing but my sincerity. It was worthwhile to receive compliments from you and your comments will be kept in my mind at all times.

Reviewed December 29, 2012

When I come to Seoul, usually every other year, I stay on the club floor. The rooms are larger and the club service is outstanding. The hotel has an indoor driving range, huge fitness club and large heated pool. I now understand that there is also a jogging path on one of the floors. The hotel is conveniently located with the Lotte store adjacent so that we can always run down to the amazing food court for a quick meal. The hotel is also close to a great many major tourist sites,shopping areas and subway station so there is always something to do. Booked another few days next week. Can't wait!

Room Tip: Club floor a must.

Reviewed December 24, 2012

The Lotte Hotel had provided excellent service for our family during the 3 days that we stayed there. Not only was the room large, the interior was also really gorgeous. The staffs were really helpful and polite, going beyond what was expected to help us when we needed help. The food was also very delicious. Also, the hotel is quite easy to find if you wanted to take the airport bus to the hotel, or have them do a pickup service. It was a great experience for my family and I to stay in this hotel during our trip in Korea. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone who needs a place to stay.

1  Thank pandaa31
worldbest2018, 매니저 at Lotte Hotel Seoul, responded to this reviewResponded December 25, 2012

Season’s greetings from Lotte Hotel Seoul !

Thank you very much for your valuable comments on TripAdvisor .

First of all, we are extremely happy to hear that we are considered your stay with your family is great in Korea !

As you mentioned , the location of hotel is very convienient to access from airport as well.

As the one of best hotel in Seoul, we are appreciative of all guest feedback as it greatly assists us in improving our services.

Our hotel and all staff will continually work towards providing warm and genuine service and exceeding our guest expectations.

Once again, thank you very much and we look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to Lotte Hotel seoul in the near future.

Warm Regards
Susan Lee

Reviewed December 22, 2012

The Lotte Hotel is a decent large hotel in the centre of the tourist district of Seoul. Many of Seouls must see Palaces and shopping districts are within walking distance and the staff are very helpful if you need to book any tours, or have any queries.

The room was small, but adequate, and the bed was very comfortable. We overlooked the front road, but heard very little from the traffic below. We visited the Korean restaurant at the top of the building. The food was good but not exceptional, although it didnt help that surrounding the hotel there are hundreds of very good, affordable restaurants.

Overall, we were very happy with the hotel, and would recommend others to stay.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ADFezzer
KSimonKim, 프론트 매니저 at Lotte Hotel Seoul, responded to this reviewResponded December 24, 2012

Reviewed December 17, 2012

We stayed here for a weekend for my husband's birthday and the service was exceptional. We had access to the lounge, had flowers and a cake delivered on his birthday and were generally treated like VIP guests. Would definately stay here again.
We were able to take the airport bus to the hotel, which was easy to find. We also found using the subway to get to other shopping districts was easy and close by, however this hotel is located right in amongst the most well known shopping centres in Seoul. If we wanted to we could have just stayed in this area for our entire stay.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple