WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Lotte Hotel Seoul

Lotte Hotel Seoul
Ranked #13 of 451 Hotels in Seoul
Muscat, Oman
“"Korean hospitality at its best"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2012

I had stayed at the hotel for two nights (10/11/12 & 11/11/12) and the overall impression is extremely good;

1. The hotel is centrally located and first time visitors to the city would find it very convenient.

2. I had stayed at the club floor which gave me access to the breakfast lounge on the 31st floor which had a wonderful view.

3. Check in and checkout took barely a minute (actually) and when i called for water in the middle of the night, it was delivered to the room in five minutes.......not once, but twice.

4.The room had an excellent view of the city, the bed was comfortable, wifi connectivity was extremely good and the bathroom was stocked with high quality toiletries.

Right from the doorman to the reception, the staff was exceptionally courteous and helpful.

All in all, a great experience!!

Room Tip: Choose higher floors with a view of the city.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank ajit m
KSimonKim, 프론트 매니저 at Lotte Hotel Seoul, responded to this review, November 23, 2012
Thank you for staying with us at Lotte Hotel Seoul.

I have well received your compliments during your last stay with us. I am very pleased to hear that you were touched by my cordial reception which was mere nothing but my sincerity. It was worthwhile to receive compliments from you and your comments will be kept in my mind at all times.

Thank you again and I hope to welcome you soon with a warm hearted service at Lotte Hotel Seoul.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (226)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Sydney
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2012

The Lotte Hotel Seul is something of a local landmark and in good part of town. There's nothing remarkable about the place but everything is done well. The room I had was well-appointed and a reasonable size. It looked recently renovated but an old scatched table was a jarring note. Bed good, bathroom fine. Breakfast was excellent, very aesthetic, a beautifully laid out buffet. I also ate lunch at the Lotte's high end French restaurant. The food had great plate appeal but I did not enjoy the flavour combinations of most dishes. The location is a good launching pad for the major tourist attractions while there's also the chance to find side streets packed with local bars and restaurants.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
worldbest2018, 매니저 at Lotte Hotel Seoul, responded to this review, November 25, 2012
Greetings from Lotte Hotel Seoul !

I would like to thank you for your staying with us , it was our pleasure to have you in Lotte Hotel.

As you said that our hotel is located in middle of city ,down town its very easy to access everywhere.

It seems to like you overally satisfied with our room but not in our french restaurant ,Pierre Gagnaire.
We will consider of your good feedbak about our restaurant and will take a certain action for better taste of the food.

I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Lotte Hotel Seoul again.

We will try to make your accommpdations more delightful and memorable on your next visit.

Hong Kong
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2012

Stayed there for five days.

Overall impression is very good.

First, going to the hotel from airport is easy and convenient, just take the airport bus. Second, the room is clean and tidy, with comfortable bed. Third, the room has free wifi service. Fourth, location is extremely good, at the center of the city with mass transit station within minutes of walking distance. Fifth, adjacent to the hotel is a large department store. Sixth, the buffet breakfast is one of the best I've ever tasted, but sometimes it is so full and people may have to queue for a few minutes in order to have a seat.

Should time allow, should consider join the tour to Panmunjom, the Demilitarized Zone. Really worth.

Last but not least, be sure that you can take hot and spicy food. Most Korean foods are hot and spicy.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Greetings from Lotte Hotel Seoul !

Thank you very much for the such a great comments and I am very glad to hear that you are overally satisfied with your stay .

Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2012

I stayed at Lotte for 5 nights on my first trip to Seoul. It seesm centrally located and connects directly into the large Lotte department store via escalators down from the lobby. I had a room on the 32nd floor which gave me access to the executive lounge where I could have breakfast with a fantastic outlook over Seoul.
My room was fine, and unlike the review below I had both a bath and shower and no problems with my bathroom, which also comes with the electric all sining all dancing toilets!
Some of the good points included very quiet rooms, comfortable beds and pillows and Wi Fi was free in the room.
The pool and gym are now closed for renivations although a temporary gym has beed set up.
The hotel has typical marble/gold style decor, with little of unique interest.
I found the hotel serviceable, had no complaints, but there was nothing special about it either.

Room Tip: Access to the executive lounge brings some benefits.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
worldbest2018, 프론트 매니저 at Lotte Hotel Seoul, responded to this review, November 10, 2012
Greetings from Lotte Hotel Seoul !

Thank you very much for the such a great comments and I am very glad to hear that you are very satisfied with your stay in Club Floor overally.

Alberta
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2012

From my review title, everything about the Lotte Hotel Seoul was very good. Room was beautiful and I had a relaxing evening in the room during my brief 1-night stay. However the next morning, when I took a shower I was shocked at how badly designed the tub-shower was. While looking at other reviews, it appears that many rooms have stand-alone showers, or rain shower type heads in the tub-shower. My room (#2700) however, features a fixed-wall position, fixed-head; very low position (I'm only 5'6"), which can only be twisted in one-direction.

While getting ready for my shower, I turned the tub on; then set the flow to the shower head. Because of the limited ability to move the shower head, the strong force of the water stream, and the "channeling effect" of the tub design (there's a channel running along the wall (Side and back) - the shower soon flooded the bathroom floor, threatening to overrun into the hallway. With the marble floor, it was indeed a hazard.

Even during the shower, it was virtually impossible to wash my hair without bending down, and changing the direction of the shower head, only served to flood the bathroom floor further.

The design of the tub-shower-shower head is so bad, that I repeatedly went back to the bathroom later to see if I was missing something - maybe there was a hidden separate shower; or maybe the shower head could be moved in some other way. Alas, no.

In a beautifully appointed room, in a very well located and designed hotel, I am amazed that a shower like this could exist in such a 4-5 star hotel. I strongly suggest the hotel management to try and take a shower in this room. Fire the designer; replace the shower head.

Room Tip: Don't book room #2700 until they change the shower set-up.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Kildonan_kid
Thank you for staying with us at Lotte Hotel Seoul.

I have well received your comments during your last stay with us. I am very sorry to hear that you felt very uncomportable with our shower in the bathroom. We have 4 diffrent types of guest rooms in Main wing so we'll provide other type of room next time . Please let us know that you don't like rooms made by SOM. It was worthwhile to receive comments from you and your comments will be kept in my mind at all times.

Honolulu, Hawaii
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2012

Perfect place to stay if you want to be centrally located in the midst of busy Seoul. Right across and within walking distance to many stores and shopping areas. Cheonggyeheon Stream is close by. Plan to spend at least a full day getting your bearings in this busy city, otherwise very confusing.
Hotel room is clean and comfortable. Staff is courteous and helpful.
Breakfast areas, especially the larger restaurant is fabulous, great assortment of choices and beautifully displayed.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Greeting for Lotte Hotel Seoul !
I would like to thank you for your staying with us, it was our pleasure to have you in Lotte Hotel Seoul.

I am very pleased to hear that you overally satisfied with your stay in Lotte.
As you mentioned , the location of hotel is very convienient to access shopping mall and restaurant.
And we have many kinds of internationl restaurant in hotel and the La seine which you mentioned is one of the major restaurant in Lotte.

Once again thank you for sparing time to post your feedback and If you will have the chance to visit Seoul and Lotte Hotel again, It will be my pleasure to make your accommodations more delightful and memorable stay.

Singapore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2012

Stayed for 5 nights at the 'New Wing'.

Agree with other reviewers that location (including easy access to subway) is grea

On the soft-ware side: The staff is polite, and the receptionists were very helpful.

On hardware side: despite this being the 'New Wing', the room I was assigned badly needs a refresh. See photos.
Also disappointing that the swimming pool and regular gym were closed during my stay. Had chosen this hotel precisely because of these facilities.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Odyssesian
Greetings from Lotte Hotel Seoul !

I would like to thank you for your staying with us, it was our pleasure to have you at
Lotte Hotel.

I am very pleased to hear that you were satisfied with our service .
But it's very shame to see the several picture that you taken.
We are planning to renovate the room of New Wing soon.
If you have chace to come back to Lotte Hotel next time, Please try to stay at Main Wing which is recently well renovated.