Message from TripAdvisor:
TripAdvisor has grounds to investigate that individuals or entities associated with or having an interest in this property may have attempted to interfere with traveler reviews and/or the Popularity Index for this property. Please take this into consideration when researching your travel plans. We make our best efforts to identify suspicious content and are always working to improve the processes we use to assess traveler reviews.

“Good stay”
Review of Lotte Hotel Seoul

Lotte Hotel Seoul
Ranked #69 of 475 Hotels in Seoul
Philipsburg, St. Maarten-St. Martin
“Good stay”
Reviewed November 1, 2012

Nice hotel, with spacious, clean and well equipped rooms. Service is fast, and with a smile. Only the bars on the ground floor are overpriced for Seoul. However, the Hotel is well located and many other bars and restaurants are within walking distance. The airport shuttle conveniently stops in front of the hotel. Would certainly stay at the Lotte again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
6 Thank DutchTree
worldbest2018, 매니저 at Lotte Hotel Seoul, responded to this review, November 3, 2012
Thank you for staying with us at Lotte Hotel Seoul.

I have well received your review during your last stay with us. I am very pleased to hear that you were touched by our cordial reception which was mere nothing but my sincerity.

Thank you again and I hope to welcome you soon with a warm hearted service at Lotte Hotel Seoul.

Warm Regards
Susan Lee

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (243)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
paris
Reviewed October 31, 2012

I stayed in a room in the New Wing that was large, well appointed with extremely comfortable beds and Molton Brown toiletries. Service was fitting for a luxury hotel, whether it be at the reception counter, housekeeping or the business centre, where the lady manning it helped us make some copies gratis. Free wifi was also very welcome, as was the airport bus that dropped us right at the hotel's doorsteps.
The location was great, next to the Lotte Department Store and Duty Free Store where we raided the cosmetics counter, steps away from the subway station and Myeong Dong, where we ate most nights and soaked in the vibrant street scene.
Pricey but worth it for the location and service.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank lafemmemange
Thank you for staying with us at Lotte Hotel Seoul

I have well received your compliments during your last stay with us. It was worthwhile to receive compliments from you and your comments will be kept in my mind at all times.

Warm Regards
Susan Lee
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Stayed at this hotel from Oct 21-23. I agree with previous reviews that the room given to me is quite small compared to other hotels with the same star level and nightly rates. However, I must say that the amenities in the room are complete and very nice. The bed and pillows and comforters are very comfortable. The push button remote control for the lights, temp, clock alarm is very innovative. The location of the hotel is very strategic since it is connected to a very big mall (lotte mall), to the duty free shop, it is very close to a subway station and most of all, it is a few steps away from Myeongdong shopping area. There are a number of tourist spots that can also be accessed from the hotel. Since the weather is very nice at this time in Seoul, it is okay to walk from Lotte to Nandaemun, City Hall, Myeongdong cathedral. The hotel also provides free shuttle service to Itaewon and Lotte World to guests. Asidevfrom this, the hotel staff are also very courteous and approachable.

We also arrived early morning and the check-in crew was very considerate to let us check in at 11am despite the official check-in time is actually at 2pm. Their concierge service is also very helpful in giving us directions to the places that we wanted to go to, showing us in the map our route, very accurate in providing taxi fare rates and very knowledgeable with regards schedules of some tourist spots (example, they told us that Gyeokbokgong palace is closed during Tuesdays, so it saved us time going there). On our second night, we highly appreciate that coming from a shopping activity, we returned to our room to find that they left a bottle of wine and some fruits as compliments. The hotel is also clean despite many people coming in and out of the hotel during our stay since there was a convention. Also, the hotel was gracious enough to lend umbrellas to all guests one morning when it rained.

I would say that I highly recommend this hotel and I would definitely choose it again when I go back to Seoul. Despite the relatively high cost, you actually get very good value for your money.

Room Tip: Tipping is not a practice in Seoul.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Mabelle G
KSimonKim, 매니저 at Lotte Hotel Seoul, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
Thank you for staying with us at Lotte Hotel Seoul.

I have well received your review during your last stay with us. It was worthwhile to receive compliments from you and your comments will be kept in my mind at all times.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Fantastic location right next to Myeongdong. I had a room on the 11th floor (not one of the exec rooms). The room was clean and in beautiful condition. The bathroom was superbly equipped, in the style of top-notch Asian hotels. For some reason, I got two smaller beds instead of one large one, though I was alone. The service was excellent and attentive.

The breakfast buffet is awesome in terms of selection and quality, but if it's not included in your room, it costs about $60/person. The Italian restaurant in the lobby is nothing to write home about.

1 Thank Grisha G
KSimonKim, 매니저 at Lotte Hotel Seoul, responded to this review, November 1, 2012

Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia
Reviewed October 26, 2012

I usually stay at the Lotte Hotel Seoul on my incoming & outgoing trips to/from US on executive floor. Service & food is excellent. Myeong Dong fashion market is adjacent and you can find money exchanges there too.There are air freshener and bath salt in the bathroom. Pajamas are provided as well. It is a great hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Oramardo
FRONT_MANAGER, 프론트 매니저 at Lotte Hotel Seoul, responded to this review, October 27, 2012

Arlington, Virginia
Reviewed October 26, 2012

A large facility designed to accomodate larger conferences the Lotte Hotel managed for several years to ensure that guests still did not feel like being in a huge conference center but this good effort has slipped. Service has become spotty The reception especially, both the main reception as well as the 14th floor reception in the new tower were understaffed creating long waiting times, extra beds that had been taken out of rooms were kept in the corridors for more then 24 hours. The bathrooms still look nice but need some improvements, the hair dryers are slow or dying and cold drops of condensed water will drop off the ceillling in you when you shower. Still, its a beautiful facility with great - but very expensive - restaurants and it is adjecent to the Lotte Department with all its shopping and eatery options - and it is close to many interesting sites. I would probably go back again the next time I'll be in Seoul but hope things improve.

1 Thank Busydays
I have well received your comment during your last stay with us. It was worthwhile to receive reviews from you and your comments will be kept in my mind at all times.

I promise that we'll give you the best service next time.
Bangkok
Reviewed October 25, 2012

I spend 2 nights in the new wing on 23 floor.

Service :
- free breakfast , afternoon cofee, and cocktail evening @ louge
- clean and nice room

Location :
- next to shops, fashion market, duty free
- airport bus transfer stop
- subway station
- lot of restaurants arount the corner

Room Tip: new wing faceing main road.
1 Thank Noom-Noom