“Great location”
Review of Lotte Hotel Seoul

Lotte Hotel Seoul
Ranked #15 of 522 Hotels in Seoul
Reviewed October 6, 2012

If you are on business in Seoul and have some free time, this hotel would be a great choice. It is surrounded by many attractions. Everynight I was there, I walked a few blocks (15 minutes) to Myeong-dong where I could find many selections of local foods such as bbq or hot noodle, finger foods, and many more + beer and they opens until 2am. There's a dept store, duty free shops, and 24 hours grocery shops around the hotel. Subway station is also located within the same block as the hotel. Check out the map in trip advisor to see these places. The room is spacious, very clean, bed and pillow are excellent. Has one of the most complete amenities in the bathroom. They gave me fruits and a bottle of wine after check in.

3  Thank Hismanto
FRONT_MANAGER, 프론트 매니저 at Lotte Hotel Seoul, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2012

Thank you for staying with us at Lotte Hotel Seoul.

I have well received your compliments during your last stay with us. I am very pleased to hear that you were touched by my cordial reception which was mere nothing but my sincerity. It was worthwhile to receive compliments from you and your comments will be kept in my mind at all times.

Thank you again and I hope to welcome you soon with a warm hearted service at Lotte Hotel Seoul.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,423)

Reviewed October 6, 2012

Seoul Lotte is not a cheap hotel but the service, the rooms and the entire property is superb. The staff is outstanding, like everywhere in Korea, unbelievably polite and helpful, fluent English everywhere.
If one is willing to spend somewhat more, the Seoul Lotte cannot be beaten by any other hotel in Seoul with is perfect location and style.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Laszlo V
FRONT_MANAGER, 프론트 매니저 at Lotte Hotel Seoul, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2012

Thank you for staying with us at Lotte Hotel Seoul.

I have well received your review during your last stay with us. I am very pleased to hear that you were touched by our cordial reception which was mere nothing but my sincerity. It was worthwhile to receive compliments from you and your comments will be kept in my mind at all times.

Reviewed October 5, 2012

Another review of this hotel following my second visit this year; the Lotte Hotel world continues to provide a good experience despite its size.

Check in was quick and efficient. As per my visit earlier this year, there were no more standard rooms available so I was upgraded to a room with a larger bed. The room was spotlessly clean and well appointed. On this occasion my room faced the lake area (worth a stroll around) and the massive building site of the Lotte tower and subway extension. This in no way affected my stay but I was at the hotel on the eve of a major Korean holiday so I suspect work had ceased for at least the weekend. The tower construction is due to continue for another couple of years so I would suggest that on booking you request a room facing the pleasure park area to ensure you are not bothered by any construction noise.

In the bathroom the toiletries are provided by Molton Brown and the mirror has a heated section to ensure you can see yourself through the steam - a nice useful touch! In the bedroom there is the free mobile phone (free to receive calls and use) an extensive provision of stationary items; there is really no excuse for you not to send a postcard or complete your paper work! TV service is fairly extensive with many local and international channels including at least one in Italian, Russian, German, Spanish and English although from my point of view only CNN was available and not BBC World which would be my preference. There is also the option of pay per view films.

Customer service from check in, bell boy and breakfast staff was very good. For some reason I did not receive a paper on my door despite my neighbour having one when I left my room for breakfast. On entering the breakfast room I asked for a paper and was told that none were available. I was disappointed with this response as this was the first time on my 10 day trip where I had the luxury of taking my time over breakfast and reading about what had been going on around the world. However, my disappointment was short lived as the manager who had shown me to my table produced a copy of the paper within about 5 minutes of my coffee being given to me! A small gesture but was important to my experience.

Checkout was swift (within 5 minutes) which allowed me to catch the bus to Incheon airport directly outside within 2 minutes of my purchasing a ticket at the little office.

Would still recommend this hotel to travellers in Seoul.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the pleasure park and not facing the new Lotte Tower construction site.
1  Thank Richard S

Thank you for staying with us at Lotte Hotel Seoul.

I have well received your review during your last stay with us. It was worthwhile to receive compliments from you and your comments will be kept in my mind at all times.

Take care

Reviewed October 2, 2012

I had two nights in the hotel as I was speaking at a conference near by. I was not booked in the Club rooms and found the room I had to be VERY small. Fortunately I'm slim (ish) else I would not have been able to sit at the desk. As it was I had the chair pushed hard back against the bed. There was little room between the bed and the window. The bathroom was well equiped with a great, separate shower. Wifi was free, a bonus. As with everything in Seoul, it is very expensive. The hotel is very convenient with plenty of places to eat and drink nearby.

1  Thank 186338Rob

Thank you for staying with us at Lotte Hotel Seoul.

I have well received your review during your last stay with us.. It was worthwhile to receive compliments from you and your comments will be kept in my mind at all times.

Reviewed September 22, 2012

I stayed at the Lotte Hotel for 2 nights on a business trip. Was met at the airport by a hotel limo, and at that point I knew I was in for a great stay.

Since I was booked at a club room, I went straight from the car to my room, where the check-in was done and completed in less than 5 minutes. The staff was very helpful. The room itself was small but functional. The bathroom though was bigger and more "modern" than most hotels I have stayed in.

Ordered dinner through room service and they had it in within 15 mins. Food was okay, but a bit on the expensive side. Tip: best to walk out and try the local restaurants which are within 2 blocks from the hotel.

Had breakfast at the Club lounge, and the buffet was much more than what you would expect in other lounges. If you stay for more than 3 days, though, you might want to try other places for variety. Checkout was also done in the lounge and was also completed in less than 5 mons.

Overall, I wouldn't mind staying at the Lotte again (especially since I didn't get to go to the duty-free shop right next door).

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
worldbest2018, 매니저 at Lotte Hotel Seoul, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2012

Greetings from Lotte Hotel Seoul !

I would like to thank you for your staying with us, it was our pleasure to have you at Club Floor, Lotte Hotel.
I am very pleased to hear that you were very satisfied with our facility and service as well.

Warm Regards
Susan Lee

Reviewed September 17, 2012

This Lotte hotel is situated in a good location... next to the Lotte Department Store, walking distance to Namdaemun Market, many coffee shops and restaurants nearby, etc. I stayed at the new tower. The lobby area is small and the check-in is located on the 4th floor... kind of odd, probably because of the small street level space. This new tower has deluxe rooms. The old tower, right next door, has standard rooms (cheaper) and the lobby area, around 100 feet from the new tower entrance, is expansive with the front desk check-in on this same level. As for the rooms in the new tower, they were nice and the about the same size as comparable hotels in the U.S. The bathroom had a separate shower and a full size bathtub. The toilet had a built in washlet/bidet (Toto brand). As with most deluxe hotels in Asia, the Lotte provided two free bottles of water, toothbrush, razor, shampoo, conditioner, body lotion, comb, q-tips... very complete. I was there for two nights and did not have a chance to try the hotel restaurants because we left early in the morning and had meals outside. The Lotte Hotel has always been in the top three places to stay in Seoul. FYI, the Westin Chosun is next door and the Plaza Hotel is around the corner.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
seil28, 프론트 매니저 at Lotte Hotel Seoul, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2012

I would like to thank you for your staying with us and also for your detail experienced review.

I am very pleased to hear that you overally satisfied with your stay in our hotel.
As you mentioned that the location of hotel is very convienient to access shopping mall and restaurant.

Once again thank you for sparing time to post your feedback and If you will have the chance to visit Seoul and Lotte Hotel again, I wish you may have time to visit one of our restaurant.

Reviewed September 14, 2012

We booked a "club" room in this hotel and were not sorry. The breakfast in the lounge, normally a mediocre affair, was very good and complete. Evening cocktail hour was excellent. Considering the price of wine in Seoul, it is definitely worth investing in the “club” room.
The Hotel scores on all fronts. Rooms are large, well maintained and luxurious decorated. Staff, without exception, go out of the way to make your life pleasant and especially the concierge was a great and patient help in setting up our excursion schedule. Restaurants serve great food. So it all works and some might say it should because of the price of the room. But then there is still the biggest attraction of this hotel, its location. Almost all Seoul’s attraction and sights are within walking distance and if not the underground station is connected to the hotel. A great time saver in a busy place like Seoul. Definitely consider staying there.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank vinker
worldbest2018, 매니저 at Lotte Hotel Seoul, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2012

Greetings from Lotte Hotel Seoul !

I would like to thank you for your staying with us, it was our pleasure to have you in Lotte Hotel Seoul.

Once again thank you for sparing time to post your feedback and If you will have the chance to visit Seoul and Lotte Hotel again, It will be my pleasure to make your accommodations more delightful and memorable stay.

Warm Regards