“Secondary treatment at front office” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Lotte Hotel World

Lotte Hotel World
Ranked #4 of 468 Hotels in Seoul
Singapore
“Secondary treatment at front office”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2013

Joined a tour to Korea and feeling excited when the tour company shared with us that we will be put up at Lotte hotel world in Seoul. Read so much positive review on this hotel. The tour went on well, however our last 2 night stay is spoilt with this incident.
We had a bad experience with the reception who was very rude. I entered the room assigned and the non-smoking room had strong cigarette smell. I went out for a short walk and when I returned, the smell still there. Being sensitive to cigarette smell, I had decided to request for a room changed. A staff wearing spectacle served me without a smile, I explained to him the situation. He unhappily told me that he will send a housekeeping staff to check the smell of the room. I asked him will it possible to change to another room as I was very tired. He sounded unpatient and repeated that he will send the staff to check the room. I was frustrated and wanting to see the DM where he refused me to talk to DM. He told me that DM was with another guest. I told him that I will wait for DM but instead He made several calls in front of me in Korean. I noticed the whole conversation he is not apologetic neither listened to me. I questioned myself if it was because I was with a tour group thus my comments is not listen nor assist?
He refused to talk to me further and he contacted my tour guide and after much hassles and waiting time, my room was finally changed.
The rooms were dark and look tired. There were 3 bulbs fused in both room, as I was too tired I gave up and never will stay here again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
7 Thank winnielow

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2013 via mobile

Stayed 2 nights and found the rooms nice and spacious. My kids were on the character room floors and there were soft toys and a ps3 in the room to keep them busy.
Lotte world park is just 5 minutes walk via thw south entrance.
The main complain is that food and drinks are extremely expensive. Dinner at the Chinese restaurant cost me more than $400 for 3 dishes, 3 bowls of rice and 2 bowls of noodles. The cafe latte at the lounge area costs $15!
I would recommend this hotel but avoid eating there at all cost.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank kkyang
MooHeonLee, 제너럴 매니저 at Lotte Hotel World, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
Dear kkyang,

Thank you for your comments about our staff at Lotte hotel world. It is my pleasure that you've got impressed during stay. we are sure that you will visit Korea later on.

I could not be more excited to hear that you had great time staying at our hotel for your first visit. Our hotel has a perfect location and great service.

I am strongly pleased to expect your next visit again at Lotte Hotel World. I am very looking forward to welcoming you here in Seoul next time. Thank you very much.

Centreville, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2013

Stayed here for two nights and I have no complaints at all. This hotel is fantastically located, very comfortable, and exemplifies customer service! The rooms are quite large and spacious. The hotel is very clean and welcoming. The staff could not be more helpful and pleasant. I also really appreciated the complimentary breakfast -- this breakfast is really quite good and chock full of variety. The lobby is very large (and smartly decorated/arranged like an outdoor plaza), and I found it really easy to get some work done in there.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear khwang354,

I offer my sincerest thanks for choosing Lotte World Hotel during you’re your travel as well as providing your kind thoughts on the stay.

I am very glad that you were satisfied with our hotel. We always try to put more efforts on improving the service quality and facilities for our customer’s satisfaction.

I am looking forward to seeing you again at Lotte Hotel World.

Lahaina, Hawaii
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2013

We stayed in the hotel for 2 nights, This is great Korean run hotel in a great section of Seoul. It's close to the subway stop and a great shopping area and amusement park for kids. Excellent breakfast buffet in the dining room. It is a very good value considering the hotel costs. We had a friend stay in the room with us for one night and ordered an extra bed. When we arrived the extra bed was set up plus all the extras for the third guest such as water, slippers, etc. A real class act hotel. We are going to Seoul in summer of 2014 and we will definitely stay at the Lotte Hotel!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Dear janice s,

I would like to express my thanks to you for staying at Lotte Hotel World and sharing your detailed feedback with us on Tripadvisor.

I could not be more excited to hear that your family had great time staying at our hotel. Our entire staff is always willing to welcome you with big smile whenever you visit us.

On behalf of our entire staff, I do really appreciate for staying with us at Lotte Hotel World and spending your precious time to share your great feedback with others once again.
We look forward to seeing you again very soon.

Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2013

My sister and I took our 2 kids here and spent the night. It was a comfortable room and there was space for all 4 of us. Everyone seemed very accommodating. The staff was very patient and nice with our kids as the ran around the lobby while we checked in and out. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank lovechloe96
MooHeonLee, 제너럴 매니저 at Lotte Hotel World, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Dear lovechloe96,

I would like to thank to you for staying at Lotte Hotel World and sharing your detailed feedback with us on Tripadvisor.

When you visit us again, please try pororo park and kidzania in our complex. Your kids may very good experiences.

We look forward to seeing you again very soon.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2013

I chose to stay in this hotel because I'd thought Lotte World amusement park is something like Disneyland and that I might need more than a day to run through the rides. I was wrong! There are very limited outdoor rides and as such, every ride is jam packed with youngsters. So almost every queue is about 70 mins long.
The Indoor amusement park is much larger and probably more family-friendly rides but still about 60mins+ per queue for the popular ones.
Overall, thumbs down for me for this amusement park.
As such, if I'd known not to focus on this park, I would not have allocated two days to stay at the Lotte Hotel World.
Otherwise, the hotel itself is a good hotel - Lotte departmental store, electrical stores are next door, restaurants are abound BUT options for breakfast are somewhat limited. If you walk underground towards the train station, along the way there are some small eateries. One of which sells toasts which is quite good and I went there for my two breakfasts.
Hotel room is clean and has pleasant decor. Hotel staff speak english adequately and are friendly and helpful. Bus stops to airports is just 3 mins' walk away.
So if you need to stay near that area, Lotte Hotel World is good, albeit expensive (especially if you do not need the amusement park).

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Richard T
Dear Richard T,

I am really pleased to hear that you enjoyed our hotel. And I appreciate for your favorable comments about our location and staffs.

Thank you for your feedback once again and I believe there would be a next time to welcoming you again. We hope to see you very soon.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2013

Just came back from a 6-night stay on Lotte Hotel World, which is housed in a mega-complex that links to the Lotte World Adventure indoor theme park, Lotte Department Store (including restaurants and duty-free shopping), Lotte Mart (supermarket which conveniently closes at 12mn), a theatre and the Jamsil subway station. In short, a very convenient all-in-one location, albeit further from many of the Seoul city attractions (Gyongbokgong palace, namdaemun street market, etc.) that are north of the river (Lotte Hotel World is south of the river that divides Seoul into two). But there is a free shuttle bus that runs both ways between this hotel and Lotte Hotel Seoul (north of the river and nearer the various attractions) at 9am, 10:30am, 12nn, 3pm, 4:30pm and 7pm. Though reservations are not strictly required, it's helpful to let the hotel staff know in advance what time you'll be taking the shuttle, so the shuttle will be expecting you (do the same at the Bell Desk when returning from Lotte Hotel Seoul).

I traveled with my dear wifey, 3yo daughter and 7months old son. We took advantage of the hotel's airport receiving and sendoff service (290000KRW, which you can request when booking the room on their websit), which was a bit pricey but just the hassle-free solution we needed when travelling with two young children and plenty of luggage. You will be met at the arrival hall and ushered to your own private minivan. Takes about 1.5 - 2 hrs to and from the Incheon airport, depending on traffic. Drivers were courteous and patient in answering whatever questions we had. There's even free wifi on-board (via an olleh wifi egg).

Check-in was hassle free. We arrived at around 11am, well ahead of the 3pm check-in time. The hotel managed to get our character room ready by 12noon. In the meantime, we had lunch in one of the restaurants at the 11th floor of the adjoining Lotte Department Store. The room was pleasantly appointed and came well stocked with everything we requested... extra pillows, baby cot and even a large milk bottle sterilizer! Our first four nights were in a room facing the exterior of the hotel. For our last two nights, we requested to change to a room facing the Lotte World Adventure park (costs 34000KRW extra per night). Well worth the view! Room was exactly the same, but you get to see directly into the huge indoor section of the theme park. They even provided a pair of binoculars by the window for you to spy on the action below. You can catch the daily parade and the multimedia show in the evening. Only thing is you don't actually get to see any sky/sunlight as your window is facing the enclosed indoor park.

In terms of getting around, there was always a smiling hotel staff at the lobby waiting to assist us in giving us directions and helping to communicate with the taxi drivers on where we wanted to go. Be sure to get a card of the hotel which you can show the taxi drivers (most do not speak much English) when returning. (Though usually most will understand if you say 'Lotte World' and 'Jamsil'. Just make sure they are not confusing it with Lotte Hotel Seoul.)

Oh and we also borrowed two strollers from the front desk for use throughout our stay. Free of charge, and very convenient (even for pushing our bags and piles of jackets) so you don't have to bring your own stroller to Seoul.

We made two separate day trips to the Onemount snow park and the Everland theme park. With two little kids we took the taxi to those locations instead of the bus/subway options. According to the hotel staff, only the black/premium taxis will go to these areas which are out of town (cost slightly more than the regular white or orange taxis). About 1-2 hours each way (varies widely due to traffic), which costs about 55000-60000KRW. What we found really helpful was that the taxis were willing to pick us up for the return trip as well, so we didn't have to worry about finding transport back to the hotel. Went at around 12noon and the drivers were willing to wait to pick us up at 6pm. YMMV - Just be sure to communicate clearly (through the hotel staff) your expected return time and pick up point before getting on the taxi. Helpful to also have the address and phone numbers of the locations, so that the taxi drivers can enter into their GPS.

In terms of eating options, there was plenty... from the more upscale restaurants at the Lotte Department Store, to fast food options at the basement levels. Do try the Lotteria fast food joint, which is almost like their version of McDonalds with burgers, nuggets, etc. Then there is also the Lotte Mart supermarket. Be sure to try their banana milk and the really yummy MarketO brownies. We got more of the brownies which are great as souvenirs. Comes packed in a box with 4 smaller boxes with 7 brownies in each box. The outer box is sturdy and good for packing into check-in luggage without the smaller boxes getting squished. And some cute pororo-branded stationery too as presents.

As I mentioned in the beginning, the convenient thing is that the department store, restaurants, theme park, supermarket and the Jamsil subway station are all linked, so you don't have to worry about stepping outdoors (esp. in the Dec winter... which can be about 1-5 degrees celsius and chilly for the little ones). But do note that the department store (which links the hotel and the other places) closes at around 8:30 or 9pm each day. So you'd need to take a detour through the Jamsil subway to get back to the hotel. (There's a nice Krispy Kreme outlet at the hotel end of the subway that opens till late too!)

I'd like to end off this review by giving my deepest appreciation to the manager and the staff on duty on 5 Dec afternoon. We returned to the hotel via taxi and I discovered shortly after that I'd dropped my camera in the taxi. Rushed down to the lobby frantically and the staff asked if I knew the taxi number. I didn't... So the manager on duty and his staff immediately combed through the CCTV recording, made out the taxi number and called the taxi company. Managed to locate the camera and the taxi driver kindly delivered it back to the hotel. (Lesson learnt... always note down the taxi number! But of course, be careful with your belongings to begin with!)

Will happily recommend this hotel to anyone holidaying in Seoul. Has almost all the facilities/amenities you need in one place, so its an excellent base from which to explore Seoul and the surrounding attractions, especially if you're travelling with kids. Made our first trip to Korea a very memorable one. Will certainly be back!

Room Tip: Book a character room if you're traveling with kids. Consider requesting a room that faces Lott...