“Great for family stay with kids!”
Review of Lotte Hotel World

Lotte Hotel World
Ranked #8 of 493 Hotels in Seoul
Singapore, Singapore
“Great for family stay with kids!”
Reviewed December 7, 2013

Just came back from a 6-night stay on Lotte Hotel World, which is housed in a mega-complex that links to the Lotte World Adventure indoor theme park, Lotte Department Store (including restaurants and duty-free shopping), Lotte Mart (supermarket which conveniently closes at 12mn), a theatre and the Jamsil subway station. In short, a very convenient all-in-one location, albeit further from many of the Seoul city attractions (Gyongbokgong palace, namdaemun street market, etc.) that are north of the river (Lotte Hotel World is south of the river that divides Seoul into two). But there is a free shuttle bus that runs both ways between this hotel and Lotte Hotel Seoul (north of the river and nearer the various attractions) at 9am, 10:30am, 12nn, 3pm, 4:30pm and 7pm. Though reservations are not strictly required, it's helpful to let the hotel staff know in advance what time you'll be taking the shuttle, so the shuttle will be expecting you (do the same at the Bell Desk when returning from Lotte Hotel Seoul).

I traveled with my dear wifey, 3yo daughter and 7months old son. We took advantage of the hotel's airport receiving and sendoff service (290000KRW, which you can request when booking the room on their websit), which was a bit pricey but just the hassle-free solution we needed when travelling with two young children and plenty of luggage. You will be met at the arrival hall and ushered to your own private minivan. Takes about 1.5 - 2 hrs to and from the Incheon airport, depending on traffic. Drivers were courteous and patient in answering whatever questions we had. There's even free wifi on-board (via an olleh wifi egg).

Check-in was hassle free. We arrived at around 11am, well ahead of the 3pm check-in time. The hotel managed to get our character room ready by 12noon. In the meantime, we had lunch in one of the restaurants at the 11th floor of the adjoining Lotte Department Store. The room was pleasantly appointed and came well stocked with everything we requested... extra pillows, baby cot and even a large milk bottle sterilizer! Our first four nights were in a room facing the exterior of the hotel. For our last two nights, we requested to change to a room facing the Lotte World Adventure park (costs 34000KRW extra per night). Well worth the view! Room was exactly the same, but you get to see directly into the huge indoor section of the theme park. They even provided a pair of binoculars by the window for you to spy on the action below. You can catch the daily parade and the multimedia show in the evening. Only thing is you don't actually get to see any sky/sunlight as your window is facing the enclosed indoor park.

In terms of getting around, there was always a smiling hotel staff at the lobby waiting to assist us in giving us directions and helping to communicate with the taxi drivers on where we wanted to go. Be sure to get a card of the hotel which you can show the taxi drivers (most do not speak much English) when returning. (Though usually most will understand if you say 'Lotte World' and 'Jamsil'. Just make sure they are not confusing it with Lotte Hotel Seoul.)

Oh and we also borrowed two strollers from the front desk for use throughout our stay. Free of charge, and very convenient (even for pushing our bags and piles of jackets) so you don't have to bring your own stroller to Seoul.

We made two separate day trips to the Onemount snow park and the Everland theme park. With two little kids we took the taxi to those locations instead of the bus/subway options. According to the hotel staff, only the black/premium taxis will go to these areas which are out of town (cost slightly more than the regular white or orange taxis). About 1-2 hours each way (varies widely due to traffic), which costs about 55000-60000KRW. What we found really helpful was that the taxis were willing to pick us up for the return trip as well, so we didn't have to worry about finding transport back to the hotel. Went at around 12noon and the drivers were willing to wait to pick us up at 6pm. YMMV - Just be sure to communicate clearly (through the hotel staff) your expected return time and pick up point before getting on the taxi. Helpful to also have the address and phone numbers of the locations, so that the taxi drivers can enter into their GPS.

In terms of eating options, there was plenty... from the more upscale restaurants at the Lotte Department Store, to fast food options at the basement levels. Do try the Lotteria fast food joint, which is almost like their version of McDonalds with burgers, nuggets, etc. Then there is also the Lotte Mart supermarket. Be sure to try their banana milk and the really yummy MarketO brownies. We got more of the brownies which are great as souvenirs. Comes packed in a box with 4 smaller boxes with 7 brownies in each box. The outer box is sturdy and good for packing into check-in luggage without the smaller boxes getting squished. And some cute pororo-branded stationery too as presents.

As I mentioned in the beginning, the convenient thing is that the department store, restaurants, theme park, supermarket and the Jamsil subway station are all linked, so you don't have to worry about stepping outdoors (esp. in the Dec winter... which can be about 1-5 degrees celsius and chilly for the little ones). But do note that the department store (which links the hotel and the other places) closes at around 8:30 or 9pm each day. So you'd need to take a detour through the Jamsil subway to get back to the hotel. (There's a nice Krispy Kreme outlet at the hotel end of the subway that opens till late too!)

I'd like to end off this review by giving my deepest appreciation to the manager and the staff on duty on 5 Dec afternoon. We returned to the hotel via taxi and I discovered shortly after that I'd dropped my camera in the taxi. Rushed down to the lobby frantically and the staff asked if I knew the taxi number. I didn't... So the manager on duty and his staff immediately combed through the CCTV recording, made out the taxi number and called the taxi company. Managed to locate the camera and the taxi driver kindly delivered it back to the hotel. (Lesson learnt... always note down the taxi number! But of course, be careful with your belongings to begin with!)

Will happily recommend this hotel to anyone holidaying in Seoul. Has almost all the facilities/amenities you need in one place, so its an excellent base from which to explore Seoul and the surrounding attractions, especially if you're travelling with kids. Made our first trip to Korea a very memorable one. Will certainly be back!

Room Tip: Book a character room if you're traveling with kids. Consider requesting a room that faces Lott...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank theKaySeas
MooHeonLee, 제너럴 매니저 at Lotte Hotel World, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Dear theKayseas,

I would like to express my thanks to your family for staying at Lotte Hotel World and sharing your detailed feedback with us on Tripadvisor.

On behalf of our entire staff, I do really appreciate for staying with us at Lotte Hotel World and spending your precious time to share your great feedback with others once again.

I am very glad that you were satisfied with our hotel. We always try to put more efforts on improving the service quality and facilities for our customer’s satisfaction. Moreover, we provide a discounted ticket for the Lotte Amusement Park at the front desk. And we are very closed to Pororo Theme Park and Kizania Park for kids. I think your family would enjoy them for sure.

We look forward to seeing your family again very soon.

Lee, Moo Heon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
한국
Reviewed December 6, 2013 via mobile

Lotte hotel world is my time stayed in seoul! Firstly, I would like to thank to hotel staffs. The hotel located where near Gangnam is. My office is located in Samsung, it only took me 15mins from the hotel. Also the free shuttle bus helped me to go shopping at down town, myongdong. The room was very comfortable and quite. The bed was soft and hotel buffet was very modernable. Thank you and I am definitely sure that stay again in a short period.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear pil0924,

Thank you for your comments about our staff at Lotte hotel world. It is my pleasure that you've got impressed during stay. we are sure that you will visit Korea later on.

We are very much impressed that you had great time while you staying with us. When you come back Korea again, please choose once more and try chinese restaurant at 32nd floor. It is very famous chinese restaurant in Seoul and you may have high quality of menues.

Thank you very much and hope to enjoy your days.
We look forward to meet you in a short period.

Singapore, null, Singapore
Reviewed December 5, 2013

I booked the character room in this hotel for the kids. It was the best decision! The room was so cute, we loved it too! The kids had their slippers, mugs, games, soft toys, bed linen and even toiletries! Us parents were pampered with Molten Brown toiletries so we had no complaints. ;)

Here's a tip if you want to visit Lotte World - buy the tickets from the hotel reception. They are a flat rate of 28,000 KRW per ticket. Great savings here!

The location of this hotel is simply the best. It's a short walk to Lotte Department Store, Lotte Duty Free, Lotte Mart and Lotte World. And they are all connected so there's no need to go outside to the cold. Perfect for kids, who are so prone to tired legs. ;p

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank GohWP
MooHeonLee, 제너럴 매니저 at Lotte Hotel World, responded to this review, December 6, 2013
Dear GohWP,

I am excited to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Lotte Hotel World, especially Character Room. It is pretty convenient to stay here because you can access almost every place inside as you mentioned.

We look forward to seeing your family again very soon.

Hong Kong, China
Reviewed December 5, 2013

I stayed here for two nights during my stay in late November early December. The hotel is extremely easy to get to from the airport and all you need to do is take the KAL limousine bus from the airport (6705) and takes you directly in front of the hotel. We had a small issue at check in but the staff there were really helpful and manage to get us checked in. (The reservation name was a different name and the person was not there during check-in with us.) The staff were helpful and speaks quite good English.

We got to our room and it was nice and clean. But I wouldn't say it was fabulous as you might not expect too much from a hotel room that has not been renovated for a few years. The renovation was quite old fashioned and is nothing more than what you would expect from a traditional 5 star brand name hotel.

Location is quite good as there are lots nearby. Mainly because it is right next to the Lotte World and the Lotte Department store. Having said that if you are looking to get more involved in a local neighborhood then this is not right for you as everything around the hotel meant "tourist". I never got the chance to walk in detail around the interior of the hotel other than the lobby nor did I pay any visit to the Lotte World and the department store. Getting a taxi was quite easy at the taxi stand and staff there are really helpful in letting the taxi driver know where you need to go as most taxi driver don't speak English.

I had a chance to order the room service on my second day but I would say try to avoid it unless you have no other choice. The food was good don't get me wrong but it was extremely pricey and you would have been better off taking a taxi to other areas of Gangnam where you would probably have paid less overall that is equally as good if not better.

All in all I think this is a great hotel for families, business travelers and people who are looking to do more sightseeing.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Edmund H
Dear rinox1019,

I offer my sincerest thanks for choosing Lotte World Hotel during you’re your travel as well as providing your kind thoughts on the stay.

I am deeply sorry for any inconvenience that you had experienced. Based on your feedback, we will try hard to satisfy you in the near future.

We look forward to seeing you again very soon.

Best regards,
Goyang, South Korea
Reviewed December 2, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel for my 20th wedding ceremony with my wife. The facility of this hotel is very convinient and comfortable. Especially I am satisfied with the servicemanship of hotel staffs.

I'd like to recommned this hotel to middle aged couple for relax without children.

If you stay in this hotel, you will satisfy with hotel staff and best service.

Room Tip: This heotel has very good for public transportation and newly facility like fitnessclub, modern bar...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
MooHeonLee, 제너럴 매니저 at Lotte Hotel World, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
Dear 카일라스,

I would like to express my thanks to you for staying at Lotte Hotel World for your 20th wedding anniversary.

I am excited to hear that you and your wife enjoyed your stay at Lotte Hotel World. Every staffs in our hotel consider our guests as their family.

We look forward to seeing you again very soon.

LA
Reviewed December 2, 2013 via mobile

This is the official hotel of Lotte World themepark. We stayed 2nights with our kids. We loved this hotel very much.
We found the staffs were very helpful and wonderful to deal with customer service.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Dear njpark64,

I highly appreciate for you to visit us again to stay at Lotte Hotel World and spend your precious time to share your positive feedback with other guests.

I could not be more excited to hear that your family had great time staying at our hotel. Our entire staff is always willing to welcome you with big smile whenever you visit us.

I am strongly pleased to expect your next visit again at Lotte Hotel World. I am very looking forward to welcoming you here in Seoul next time.
Thank you very much.

Best regards,
Reviewed December 2, 2013

The hotel interiors were very elegant. Truly a posh and luxurious hotel! There were high end stores inside the hotel. The services were prompt. Their toilet seats had a feature to turn it warm, perfect for winter. Of course, it was adjoined to the Lotte World Theme Park. Perfect for those traveling with kids. The buffet breakfast did'nt have much choices though. But all in all, I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Dear AndengB,

I would like to express my thanks to you for staying with us at Lotte Hotel World again and sharing your precious feedback with us on Tripadvisor.

I am looking forward to seeing you again at Lotte Hotel World.