Our family of 4 stayed in the triple room for 6 nights, and it was a comfortable stay which we totally enjoyed. No qualms about returning to this hotel again.
1) We booked via 3rd party and when I dropped an email to confirm the booking directly with PJ Hotel, the hotel responded promptly.
2) Check-in was swift.
3) Security: Access to lift was controlled by our room card. We stayed in the 5th floor which was also restricted via card access only. However, we did notice the the 8th floor is not and hence the access controlled might not be applied to all floors.
4) The business center at the 8th floor was great for us as we could use the computer and printer (we did online checking and printed our boarding pass there).
5) The laundry utilities was also situated on the 8th floor. We didn't get to use it (even though this is one factor which made me book this hotel .. haha) but when we checked out the place, it looked clean and best of all it had a vending machine selling packet detergent.
6) We had breakfast in the hotel once. The spread was good enough and best of all, it came with an affordable price! The breakfast ended at 10am which was a little early for us (needed more sleep), and hence we couldn't make it for more times.
7) Free bus services was also one of the factors which attracted me to book this hotel but we didn't use it as we found the stations to be near and so we ended up walking to the subway instead.
8) There were two 24 hour convenience stores next to the hotel. We often dropped by the stores on our way back to hotel. There is no room service in the hotel and so usually we would stock up food/fruits/drink/snacks.
9) Hotel staff were friendly and helpful. When we had problem with our tv, a ring to the front desk and immediately the hotel staff attended/assisted us by coming our room to check. The concierge team was also very helpful and assisted in our queries/bookings. The bell boys were very prompt with helping the guests to load the luggage on the conveyor belt (Read a past review on the need to carry the luggage on the flight of steps to the lobby. With this conveyor belt, it is easy to transport the luggage up and down from the lobby).
10) Room came with heater (great as we could control the temperature as desired as compared to centralized heating), 2 tvs (lots of channels) and air cleaner (wonderful surprise). The triple room was big and so we had enough room space to place our 4 luggage. Not sure why but somehow the toilet did not come with a lock. It was not an issue for us since we travelled as a family. The bathroom was quite big with a separated shower area from the bathtub. General toiletries (face wash too!) were provided (love the free masks given on the 1st night) but do note that toothbrushes were not provided.
11) We found that the surrounding was not as deserted as commented by some. Convenience shops, cafés, pharmacy and eateries could be found within walking distance. As we usually returned at the wee hour, we didn't really had time to try these places (other than the convenience stores).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We, HotelPJ, have always tried our best to provide our guests with high-quality service and convenience. Located favorably in the center of seoul, our hotel is equipped with comfortable guest rooms and various entertainment facilities. Under these optimum conditions, we will requite to our guests by best service and support. Our guest rooms are more comfortable and spacious than any other hotel in the same class and provide an executive floor designed for business visitors. It will be ready in order to meet the diverse need ofour guests and provide all the facilities and services. Services: Key card for guestroom and elevator, LCD TV, safety box, electric kettle, balcony(in some guestrooms), fabric refresher, water purifier/ice machine on each floor, free Wi-Fi access, tea cups, tumbler,ice pail, electric bidet, bathtub, complimentary mineral water/tea ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com and Travelocity so you can book your Hotel PJ Myeongdong reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pj Hotel Seoul