This is a good hotel that is well-known and located conveniently next to the entrance of Samseoung subway station and connected to the COEX convention center and COEX mall. The surrounding area is filled with plenty of restaurants, shops, and department stores. I took the KAL Limousine bus from Incheon airport and it took 1 1/2 hours to reach the lobby of the hotel where a host stood ready to greet and help you. The hotel is the last stop of the KAL bus so don't get off when the bus stops at Intercontinental COEX because it's a different hotel (though only separated by 10 mins walk).
My first impression about the hotel is it is definitely grand in size. The decor is tasteful and it is very clean and spotless. The check-in process was very swift with the receptionist smiling and saying thank you all the time. The receptionist was also very informative about the benefits that I can get because I had the access to Club Lounge. However, he was also very apologetic with the fact that the swimming pool, sauna, and fitness center being renovated for one full year. It seems that the hotel is indeed undergoing a major facelift as I saw many shops, some facilities, etc were closed to public. The temporary fitness center is rather small but quite well-equipped with free weights, bench press, squat machine, static bicycle, water supply, clean towels, even shoes and gym clothes for those who forget to bring one. I find it very thoughtful from the hotel.
Speaking about the room, the size is okay though I would say it is rather on the small side of the spectrum. I'd say around 30sqm max. The bed is perhaps also not a king-size bed, maybe a queen size would be more appropriate. The TV is attached to the wall and can be positioned by using the telescopic arm for more comfortable view from the bed. What I found very nice is I could change the type of pillow according to my liking (though I didn't opt for this service). The free pressing service for one suit is a nice touch too. The bathroom is roomy and all made from high quality marble. Toiletries are exhaustive and the complimentary mineral water bottles are stocked every day. My room had the view of the COEX convention hall and the Seoul Trade Center. Perhaps the other side of the building will give more commanding view of Seoul than the one I had in my room.
I made use of the cocktail happy hour at the Club Lounge almost every day as it was a nice experience to be there. Beverage is extensive. You can even get some traditional Korean makoli which I enjoyed very much. The Lounge Manager was always very courteous, informative, and happy to assist you. Once I inquired about the ingredients of the korean makoli and she made a little investigation and gave me a report on my question. I still didn't know what makoli is made off (she mentioned some strange plant in Latin words) but I was impressed with her attentiveness. There were two drawbacks that I noted. The food selection was not very extensive and didn't really vary day-to-day. This was not just for the cocktail happy hour. it is also for the breakfast service. Perhaps going downstairs will give justice on what Grand intercon offers to their guests. The other being the fact that the Lounge was perhaps understaffed as I only saw one or two waiters working during my visits. Sometimes there were used plates and glasses still on the tables.
+ Clean and spotless
+ Staff is kind, helpful, and attentive
+ The extra benefits for having Club Lounge access
+/- Location is right next to a subway station and the hotel is served by super convenient KAL limousine bus. But the hotel is also very far away from Incheon airport and popular tourist attractions like the Royal Palace, Insa-Dong, Dongdaemun, etc
+/- The hotel is expensive. I am lucky I got free wifi, breakfast, etc. Otherwise, it would be very costly
+/- Room is nicely decorated, well-equipped, and clean. But the size is quite small
- It's quite dark in the hotel. In the lobby, in the foyer, in the aisle to leading to your room. I don't know if it is meant to be that way or they are trying to save on electricity bill
- The swimming pool is closed
- COEX mall leaves nothing to be desired. There are plenty of better shopping malls, department stores, and shops in Seoul compared to the COEX mall.
All in all, I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel especially if you are on a business trip. Consistent service, professional staff, and easy access in Gangnam area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of Seoul, the Grand InterContinental Seoul Parnas is an ideal place for business travellers thanks to the hotel's proximity to KWTC, COEX, CALT, DFS, department stores and theaters. Operating with 517 spacious rooms, the hotel has completed a 10 month project of lobby, restaurants and banquet halls to look more glamorous. The new Grand Ballroom, the largest and the most updated in Korea is perfect for any event, while exquisite cuisines await you in all five hotel restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Priceline, HotelsClick, Hotel.de, HRS, Reservation Counter and Despegar.com so you can book your Grand InterContinental Seoul Parnas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Intercontinental Seoul Parnas Hotel Seoul
- Intercontinental Seoul