“Really Liked This Hotel”

Grand InterContinental Seoul Parnas
Ranked #30 of 504 Hotels in Seoul
Reviewed November 17, 2011

I stayed at this hotel for one night. From check-in to check-out the service was flawless. I arrived at 10am, knowing that check-in was at 3pm. I only wanted to stow my baggage and do some last-minute sightseeing/shopping until I could check-in later. When I arrived at the front desk I was warmly greeted and told that a room would be available at noon. This was such a nice thing for me at that moment because I had been on such a hectic schedule, even though this trip was a leisure one. My bags were delivered to my room while I was out visiting Bonguensa Temple, across the street. I was able to return, collect my room key, relax a little and go out by 1pm. Every minute counts! My room had something of a view, you could see a sliver of the Han River and a section of downtown Seoul-it wasn't spectacular, but I didn't care. The room, itself, was great! I loved the decor, very calming and soothing-just what you want after a long or busy day. The bathroom was fantastic-huge, modern, big shower, nice tub. It made staying there that much more relaxing and comfortable. Speaking of comfort, the bed was excellent-no complaints there. I got a great night's sleep so that I was all prepared for my very long day ahead, traveling back to the other side of the world. I used room service for dinner. The food was delivered quickly and piping hot. The soup I ordered was very good and the main entree I would say was good and quite adequate. Yes, it was pricey-but I was so tired that the convenience was well worth it! The hotel is very nice, the service is excellent, the location is good. Taxis are readily available, but this seems to be the case everywhere I went in Seoul. There is lots of shopping available with the Coex Mall being right there. Mall shopping is not my thing, but you can get lost in this one without trying too hard. It is huge and I'm sure that you can find most things there, if this is a thing you enjoy. I had a lot more fun shopping in the local markets and streets. Besides, I like being out in the air and not in an enclosed mall where I'm not sure if it's day or night! The Grand Intercontinental Hotel is located very close to the Intercontinental Coex. Do not confuse the two hotels! The Grand was fantastic-I really enjoyed it! Would I stay there again? Yes, definitely-if I wanted to be in that part of Seoul, for sure!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Favzoz

Reviewed November 4, 2011

Staid in this hotel during one trade fair last month. Actually there is no big difference between the COEX Interco and this one. The interior of the rooms is similar, the bath smaller, the equipment a bit more modern (flat sreen). I do not understand the price difference, noirmally the "grand" intercontinental is a more expensive, but I do not see a reason for this. The breakfast is even better in the COEX. Please take care that you book a rate incl breakfast, as this is about 30! Euro.

Reviewed November 3, 2011

Was with family for business and pleasure in Seoul, Jan 2011, the coldest winter in 10 or 20 years. Seoul was -17.9C and Cheonan was -22.9C

Spent 4 nights at Ibis and 4 nights here at Grand Intercontinental in Gangnam.

This is a five star hotel connected at the basement to COEX , Subway and also leads you to the foodcourt and supermarket of Hyundai shopping mall. Extreme end of the basement leads you to Casino, may be if you exit the hotel lobby and walk along the road, you might reach the casino sooner.

Dont worry about food, theres ample!
You can have breakfast buffet at the hotel, if not, go to COEX mall, theres Dunkin Donut and Paris Baguette.
Note : COEX Mall has a food court but some stalls look uninteresting, later i realised the locals are going to the food court at Hyundai, which is also at the basement, you can walk from the hotel's basement, follow the signs that say Hyundai.

The bed is king, comfortable.
TV has English, Korean and Japanese Channels.

Younger staff speak English and older women do not.

Unlike other hotels in Seoul, the bedroom here is the size of south east asian standards, which is bigger than those in Seoul. Toilet is huge, comes with bath tub and separate rain shower.

Internet is not Free.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
5  Thank windycity08
Reviewed October 28, 2011

This is a really high quality hotel with superb service and luxury rooms which are some of the best I have ever stayed in in Asia. Fabulous buffet breakfast in the Grand Kitchen, nice bars and cafes to try authentic Korean food. I love this hotel and would recommend anyone to stay there.

Reviewed October 19, 2011

Comfortable rooms and attentive staff make this one of the best hotels I've stayed at in Seoul (approx. 20 trips over the past 7 years). The bed is comfortable as are the rooms.
Bathroom could use a little update. Breakfast is fantastic. Large selection and high quality food. Have to be careful not to overeat every day. It's expensive but I had a rate that included breakfast so it was a good value. Attached to the huge COEX mall which also provided many options for food. Several coffee and pastry shops, including Dunkin Donuts, Starbucks as well as many Korean food stands just outside the door.
One annoyance was the internet charges. I had my laptop and iPad and was charged seperatly for wireless access to each, so be careful. At 25000 won/day, it adds up quickly.
Lobby bar is comfortable and quiet and enjoyed the Havana Cigar lounge a few times, too.
Of the many hotels I've used in Seoul, I would come back here anytime.

1  Thank atima
Reviewed October 14, 2011

We just stayed here for 7 nights. We wanted a room with a bedroom and living area. The only one they said they had looked right on a construction site and it was noisy until 7 or 8 at night. Do not take a room on the back side. I found it annoying and it tainted my stay at this hotel.
The breakfast buffet was US 40 dollars-a bit over the top! Internet US 20 a day but you could take your computer downstairs to the mall and get it for free.
One day the housekeeping didn't clean our utensils or glasses.

Room Tip: Do not get one by the construction site.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
IHGCare, ihgcare at Grand InterContinental Seoul Parnas, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2011

Dear Kslg,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with us. We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Brenda J.
IHGCare

Reviewed October 5, 2011

I arrived at Incheon Int'l airporton Saturday night at 10.05 pm with SQ, the taxi fare was 110.000 KRW to the hotel, subway is about 4900 KRW. The hotel is in the COEX centre. By the time we arrived there was not much traffic, the surroundings was quiet, only mini shops in the opposite site of the hotel still open. The hotel staff was very polite and it seems that tips is not compulsory. I ordered meals from the hotel service, it was not as expected. After several days, I discovered that Itaewon has lots of cafes and open till 5 am during the week-end or Dongdaemun which open 24 hours everyday. Taxi fare from Itaewon is around 11.000 KRW, subway 1200 KRW, from Dongdaemun is about 12.000 KRW and subway 1200 KRW. The bed and pillows are comfortable. The air-con in my room can only reach 23 Celsius, and very hot during the day, the staff provide me with extra fan. The breakfast is good, lot of foods, but after 5 days you will be expecting more variety. The location is accessible by subway, bus and airport bus is in your doorstep, the last bus from the stop is at 5.30 pm. However you can take the airport bus at the airport city check in counter next to the hotel till 8 pm. Airport city check in counter for several airlines including SQ is in the next building adjacent to the hotel and has basement access from the Coex building, open from 5 am to 5.30 pm. This hotel is definitely not for tourist, it is very suitable for business people.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple