“Outstanding.” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #26 of 451 Hotels in Seoul
London, United Kingdom
“Outstanding.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2011

I'm writing this review as I really want to counter-act the negative reviews on this site for an amazing hotel experience.

Check in was quick, efficient, friendly and very welcoming. All of the staff in every department I encountered spoke superb English and went out of their way to exceed my expectations.

The room itself was beautiful. Well furnished, with everything where you'd expect to find it along with a few little surprises. The shower was brilliant and the bath deep and welcoming. The TV in the room had a variety of channels and the bed was huge and very comfy. Plenty of space to work, relax and unwind.

The room service was delivered punctually, beautifully presented and very tasty. Reasonable priced too.

I really cannot reccomend this hotel enough. The one thing that stood out for me was the staff - amazingly eager to please, perfect English, friendly, professional and polite.

Overall - superb. One of the best hotel experiences I've had in years. Thank you Intercon Seoul - I WILL see you again.

• Stayed March 2011
2 Thank mintyaero

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Singapore
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2011

It was twelve degrees below zero when I arrived at the hotel. The cavernous lobby is drafty and unwelcoming and things hardly improved when I reached my room. I was grateful for the priority club upgrade until I discovered that I'd been allocated a smoking room. The front desk insisted that my room was 'non-smoking' but the stale smoke and nicotine stains sort of gave it away. They eventually down-graded me to a smaller non-smoking room. It was old, gloomy and drafty and I was constantly cold.

The in-room dining room menu was limited and uninspiring, the broadband was painfully slow and the bathroom was ill-equipped for a female business traveler (the hairdryer didn't work and there were none of the usual bath/shower products that I associate with Intercontinental).

The service in the F&B outlets was generally good but the choice of food and wine was unusually limited and dull.

On check out I was overcharged for my internet connection. The service at 6am was as cold as the weather. There was nobody to help me with my bags and nobody to wish me a good flight.

As you can gather, I won't be returning to the so called GRAND Intercontinental Seoul Parnas.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars
Shanghai, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2011

Stayed at the grand Seoul early Dec for holidays. Though it's a little out of the way from most sightseeing destinations, it's easy connection to public transport and great service more than makes up for it. with shuttle service literally 5 steps away, the hotel makes a very convenient base for business travel. Very impressed with the experienced staff. Will definitely stay with the hotel again.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2010

I loved my stay at the Intercontinental. Since it is my first visit to Korea everything was interesting so you might treat my review as "excited newbie".

My one tip for those visiting is that the internet speed is pretty bad and expensive. When I wasn't at my conference I liked to watch online training video's and the hotel was unable to play them. I did discover that Paris Baguette had very high speeds that are free so I would recommend you buy an assortment of pastries and "cuppee" from them.

I wish I could have bought back to the US the Korean fitness instructor in the gym. He was so friendly and helpful. I am sore from his stretching class though.

Swimming backstroke in the pool and watching the snow fall was quite romantic.

Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
Hong Kong, China
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2010

Taking the red-eye flight from Hong Kong, I arrived at the Grand Intercontinental at 6am in the morning. Knowing beforehand that this might cause a problem, my assistant requested for an early check-in and asked that the front-desk to be aware of my very early morning arrival. However, when I pulled up to the lobby I was met with a very sleepy and irritable front-desk that did not acknowledge my presence. I finally walked up to one of the receptionists and, without bothering to greet me, she used an exasperated tone to scoff at me in Korean and say "There aren't rooms available. How could you come so early and expect a room? Even if you requested an early check-in it's not until 10:30. There's nothing I can do. You'll have to wait."

Having been in flight all night, I was tired and exhausted but felt so humiliated by the first person I met in this hotel. I find this type of attitude and behavior unacceptable. Needless to say, this initial experience at the Grand Intercontinental Hotel dampened the remainder of my stay in Seoul and made me feel very unwelcome, though I was a paying guest. Had I known of the lack of training in front-desk staff, I would not have chosen this hotel. However, I thought that the Intercontinental brand would have ensured the highest level of service quality. For future trips to Seoul, I will be avoiding the Grand Intercontinental and opt for the Grand Hyatt or smaller boutique hotels with much better service.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Vladivostok, Rusland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2010

A good place, really. Plenty of places to go around - there are actually 2 Intercontinental hotels joined, Grand and COEX. A bit far from historic center, or at least so I was told by consierge. Actually, no sightseeing. Very nice restaurants - both Korean and European. Good coffee - you seldom find one in Korea, unfortunately. Good room, great view. Calculate your time going to airport - it can be 1.5 hours, but can be 2.5 as well. A very nice small park nearby. A funny shopping mall 100 m away.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2010

I stayed at the Intercontinental for several days to conduct business centered mostly south of the Han River. The location is excellent for relatively quick meetings in the south of Seoul and the hotel's central location means that shopping and dining are only a few steps away. The hotel's staff were excellent in helping coordinate some complicated travel logistics. The room itself was quite comfortable and provided plenty of space to unwind after a long day and also space to prepare for meetings. The only grumble is that the internet charge is a bit steep (25,000 won per day). And if you're relaxing in the lounge, a shot of whiskey is cheaper than a bottle of water.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business