“excellent business hoel”

Ranked #63 of 472 Hotels in Seoul
Luxembourg
“excellent business hoel”
Reviewed May 20, 2014 via mobile

this is an impressive, business hotel, on a hill side overlooking the city. ask for a room with a city view if you want to see one of the more attractive takes on seoul. Public spaces are massive, food is good. staff extremely efficient and competent. I was smart enough to leave some cash and other items in the safe when checking out. when I rang from the airport housekeeping already had things well in hand and most was repatriated within a week. rooms extremely comfortable without being too lavish - small but well fitted bathroom.

Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Grand_Hyatt_Seoul, Guest Experience Expert at Grand Hyatt Seoul, responded to this review, May 31, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review saying that the hotel is a "excellent business hotel. I was thrilled to read every words your wrote and glad that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Hope there is a chance to welcome you back to Grand Hyatt Seoul.

Guest Experience Expert

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (237)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Anchorage, Alaska
Reviewed May 15, 2014

This hotel has above par service. The rooms need updating but are quiet, reasonably sized and simple yet clean. Air-conditioning is a challenge when the outside air temperature is cool and the room is warm, making for an uncomfortable stay. The restaurent serves quality foods and the staff take their jobs seriously. Unfortunately their isn't much to do around the hotel but given that it is less than a five minute drive from the airport is understandable.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Grand_Hyatt_Seoul, Guest Experience Expert at Grand Hyatt Seoul, responded to this review, May 21, 2014
Dear Guest,

Firstly, we would like to sincerely apologise for any unpleasant experience you encountered during your stay with us. I have shared your comments with our relevant department regarding the issues.

We hope that we may have the opportunity to regain your confidence once again, in a future visit.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed May 14, 2014

Grand Hyatt Seoul is big, commanding a good view from its prestigious location on Mount Namsan. Its lobby lounge is a busy meeting place for locals and visitors, especially in the evening. Its many restaurants offer a variety of cuisines, including "two" Japanese restaurants. The restaurants that I visited are all well designed/decorated and services were good. I like particularly the teppanyaki served at the Akasaka Restaurant, and the Paris Grill - although not cheap by Seoul standards. The JJ Mahoney in the basement is lively and fun - excellent for young and energetic people, but rather noisy for someone at my age. Window shopping along its shopping arcade is also pleasant and relaxing.

What needs improvement is its bedrooms. The standard rooms I stayed were small by Grand Hyatt standard for the price charged. Air conditioning control also appeared not working properly. But I would still return - hoping that Management would have made the necessary improvements.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us at Grand Hyatt Seoul and providing your valuable feedback. We were pleased to read your comments and happy that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We have also noted your suggestions on areas for improvement. Thank you once again for staying with us and we look forward to your future visit.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 13, 2014

This was a lovely hotel. The rooms were immaculately furnished and very comfy. They were a little on the small side, but as we were only there for two nights, this wasn't a problem.

We had a city facing room and the view was lovely. It was a little bit of a walk down into the area below, but there were buses that you could take, which included the hotel and public transport. The subway station is about 15 - 20 minutes walk away and is really easy to use. We used this for almost all of our travel. We found that we had wifi access pretty much every where in Seoul too which was really useful for exploring the city.

We used the airport bus limo service from Incheon which was really good. Huge seats and take you directly to the hotel. You just buy tickets at the airport. It was less than £20 too, so fairly cheap.

The bathroom was very nicely finished and included decent toiletries. It was a bit of a pain trying to style my hair as other than the bathroom, I struggled to find a power point close enough to a mirror so that I could see to straighten it. Luckily I could use the photobooth app on my laptop to see what I was doing and sat at the desk.

We couldn't work out how to use the A/C properly and they sent someone straight away to help, as well as bringing a fan to cool the room. Very good service.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank HannahMumbai
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your detailed review. We are happy that you enjoyed our facilities and service. We always strive to provide the best service and dining experience, and are gratified that these efforts have been recognised and appreciated.

Once again, thank you for your time and review of your stay at Grand Hyatt Seoul.
We hope you come back soon and discover more about all that Grand Hyatt Seoul and our great city have to offer.

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed May 13, 2014

We stayed for a week. The regular rooms are small, mattress very hard, bathroom very small only with a shower and no place to hung your towel. Room service and cleaning average (dust accumulating on side tables). Location is very inconvenient if you like to be close to the city center, museums, shops etc. they do provide a shuttle bus to one downtown location however. The hotel has great views, but the only way to enjoy it is to seat at the overpriced lobby cafe/bar as literally all the lobby space is the cafe, there are very few chairs if you need to simply wait for someone. You can get the views however at the park across from the hotel, where you can also walk and exercise. The hotel also has a great indoor pool (outdoor was closed) and a small gym including exercise classes (in Korean only, as it is also a membership gym/spa that the locals use). Food is a problem, if you are a foody the neighborhood has limited options, more touristy low end with exceptions of course. Hence, you either need a taxi to head to town or if tired you have to eat at the hotel restaurants, all of which (Japanese, Chinese, French) where very good, but very very expensive for what they where offering ie around 70-100$/person. At the hotel lobby area they also have a small deli where you can find great snacks, bakery products, deserts, illy espresso at very reasonable prices (that is compared to the next door lobby cafe), just grab your coffee and snack and walk across to the park where you can find benches and tables and can enjoy the view. Overall, one of these very big superficial hotels with a constant flow of people and taxis, looks and prices of a 5 star hotel without the fine touches and service that would really make you feel like a five star hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

We very much appreciate your feedback regarding your stay with us and apologise sincerely that we failed to meet your expectations. We have shared your feedback with the relevant departments so that we may take steps to correct the deficiencies you noted. We are also re-examining each of our areas of service to ensure that our standards are consistently delivered to all guests for the future. The comfort and respect of all our guests is our overriding objective.

Thank you for providing this constructive feedback. We sincerely appreciate your having stayed with us and we look forward to your future visit.

Aarhus, Denmark
Reviewed May 13, 2014

I love this hotel and the service they offer.

I was in Seoul for business and stayed in a room with access to the club lounge. In general, the club lounge was nice - nice snacks (served 3 times a day as far as I remember), plenty of choices. In between the meals, usually there was simple fruit available.

I had casual meetings in the lounge area, which was ok - at times the lounge is very noisy, so keep this in mind if you have important meetings. They have meeting rooms available, if needed.

The gym is very nice, there are plenty of options, also yoga in the gym. They offer 24h access.

But what really made my stay a joy, was the waiter Louis Park in the Paris Grill (excellent food by the way - recommended). He was so kind and very helpful, and without doubt, he is the most attentive waiter I have ever meet. I have many food allergies, therefore this means the world to me. Louis - you are a star. I hope to see you next time :)

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Gitte H
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your valued comments. We are delighted you enjoyed your experience in our Club Lounge and restaurants. Especially, it was a pleasure to read your thoughtful review of our staff member and your compliments that “He was so kind and very helpful, and without doubt, he is the most attentive waiter I have ever met”.

Thank you very much for your reflections on your experience with us. We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed May 9, 2014

This was my first trip to Seoul and I went solo. I started out in Jeju for some beautiful scenery, then I spent the rest of my days in Seoul. I loved every minute of it. Thanks to concierge at the Grand Hyatt who helped a great deal to make my trip a pleasant one.
On my first night, I was next to the lift, and the noise from the lift shaft kept me awake. However, front desk promptly moved me to another room on a higher floor for the next few nights. As for concierge, whenever I wanted a suggestion where to eat, shop, etc, concierge helped me tremendously. Excellent service. Thank you!
They even have a cocktail at the lobby bar, which comes with a stuff toy--frivolous no doubt but a cute momento for my trip to Seoul.
The spa at the Hyatt, is also very, very good. One of the best I have ever experienced. Do try the 'Healthy' cookie, which they give with tea (you get to choose your tea from a menu), after your treatment. I wanted to bring some home, but the Deli ran out of it.

Room Tip: I had the view of Namsan Hill, which was nice. Just avoid rooms next to the lifts.