Grand Hyatt Seoul
$236
$102
$83
2,397 results
All reviewsice rinkoutdoor poolmount namsanhan riverlobby loungemountain viewclub levelitaewon arearestaurants and barsfree shuttleluxury hotelbusiness tripbusiness hotelamazing hotelshuttle servicehotel is locatedhotel staff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 31, 2013

I had the opportunity to stay at this property for the first time attending to business affairs from 26 Oct through 1 Nov.

Overall the Hyatt does a great job. Service from staff in all departments was excellent - professional, pleasant, knowledgable with a demonstrated high level of customer service.

Their fitness center was one of the finest I've ever experienced. Plenty
of equipment and space. Staff goes around checking and cleaning equipment regularly. An attendant is present all the time. Early morning and late afternoons quite busy.

Comments for improvement include better air conditioning flow. I contacted engineering to call attention to no air flow - lack of air conditioning. The engineer came within ten minutes checked the panel. Limited improvement but found or heard later the hotel turns down/off the air conditioning 1 Oct ??? Not sure about that because there seemed to be an improvement my last day, but this could have been better.

The executive club lougne is often over crowded and tight negotiating around tables impacting not only service staff but guests. The hotel needs to seriously consider increasing their lounge space to more adequately support business and executive level guests and help their staff providing service.

Thanks.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Grand_Hyatt_Seoul, Guest Experience Expert at Grand Hyatt Seoul, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your detailed feedback on TripAdvisor about Grand Hyatt Seoul.

We were pleased to read your compliments about our hotel associates and to hear that you enjoyed most of your time with us. We would also like to thank you for your helpful comments, which we have forwarded to our relevant department to look at further improvement.

Again, we would like to thank you very much for staying at Grand Hyatt Seoul and providing this constructive feedback. We look forward to your next visit, where we hope you will notice our areas of improvement.

Best regards,

Reviewed October 29, 2013

I have stayed repeatedly at the Grand Hyatt Seoul and enjoyed each stay. Their rooms are very comfortable, not very large, but comfortable. This last trip, I received a non-smoking room that had evidence of cigar smoke. The staff was very accommodating to switch me to a truly non-smoking room.

A lot of western travelers stay here so the breakfast buffet has many comfort foods for those who need an eggs & bacon breakfast. There are also Asian menu items for those willing to indulge that looked very delicious.

The Grand Hyatt is situated on the hillside overlooking Seoul so the view is very nice, especially from the very large lobby and lobby bar. The exercise room is quite large and has many treadmills and a rather complete set of circuit weight equipment. They have an indoor and outdoor lap pool that had some use.

There is a retail area down the hill (about a $5.00 cab ride) that has good restaurants to choose from. Stop by the concierge for the map.

This is my go-to hotel in Seoul and I will be back there soon.

Room Tip: Rooms either face the city or face the circular valet driveway. Request a room with the city view if possible. The driveway side offers little views.

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your feedback on TripAdvisor.

We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Grand Hyatt Seoul. We would like to also thank you for the wonderful endorsement of the hotel, and all the things you liked, including our rooms, breakfast buffet, the scenery from our hotel and more.

Once again, thank you for your kind words and we look forward to welcoming you back to Grand Hyatt Seoul very soon.

Best regards,

Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

I stayed there for business the staff was friendly and went above and beyond the food was good they also had western food also location was pretty good ! The only complaint I would have is the bed was really really hard I slept on sofa!!
But other then that it would go back

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Grand_Hyatt_Seoul, Guest Experience Expert at Grand Hyatt Seoul, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us at Grand Hyatt Seoul and for providing your valuable feedback, which is greatly appreciated. We are glad to hear you enjoyed our food and the authentic service of our associates and your desire to return in the future.

Your comment regarding the bed has been well noted, and we sincerely apologise for your inconvenience. Thank you once again for staying at Grand Hyatt Seoul, and we will strive to improve on the issue you noted, for your future visits. We look forward to welcoming you back to Grand Hyatt Seoul in the near future.

Reviewed October 27, 2013

I recently stayed in two of the best gangbuk north of the river hotels in Seoul. See my other review for the westin chosun which made it an interesting comparison. Btw I am top tier at both chains. Platinum SPG and Diamond at the Hyatt.

Location. Key strength and weakness
Grand hyatt is on namsan which is its towering strength and also weakness. Compared to other namsan based hotels the grand hyatt has the best view. The view from the Shilla and Hilton is significantly inferior to the excellent Han river to namsan tower view you get from the Hyatt. Unfortunately namsan location is remote and there are not as many places to walk to (Hyatt does offer a shuttle service) as compared to the westin where you walk outside and are smack in the middle of myungdong.
If you want the view the Grand Hyatt is it.

Rooms
Zen like super potato Japanese designer rooms. If you are a regular to the Asian Hyatt chain this will feel at home. The views are good on both sides. I have stayed here many times so can attest that even the mountain view is quite nice. The rooms are on the small side though. The bathroom is also fairly compact and does not have a stand alone shower booth. Old style tub and shower combination. Also the last renovation skimped on the warmed toilet seat which you can find at the westin. I personally also found the westin heavenly bed marginally superior to the Hyatt beds.
Due to the strength of the view and my liking of the zen minimalist wooden Japanese interior the room still gets a five star rating.

Outstanding. Unlike the uncharacteristic lapse of service at check in at the westin when I mentioned my elite status which illicited no response. Mentioning my elite status to the door man i was whisked away to the executive lounge check in where a very friendly lady informed me of my diamond benefits and even gave me meal voucher welcome back gift.

Fitness center
The Olympus club is one of the best in the country. It is still excellent. Complimentary gear. Nice touch. Big Korean style sauna. However having just worked out at the renovated westin fitness centre which in my book is the worlds best hotel fitness centre I have been to. It falls slightly short but still five star.

Executive lounge
While the Hyatt has less food and variety than the westin the staff were friendlier and more helpful. They helped me make a restaurant reservation and got me a very nice table at the excellent terrace buffet on the ground floor.

Restaurants
Terrace buffet has a great view. Ask for table by the window. Very good spread. Sashimi, crab, roast beef, Korean spread.
Paris grill. Another great atmosphere hotel. Great service.
My only complaint is I wish the prices were lower. But you pay for the excellent food, service and ambience.

Summary
Korean five star hotels have excellent service. Grand Hyatt has the best view and atmosphere if you are staying north of the river and don't mind taking cabs everywhere. But taxis are quite plentiful and affordable in Seoul.
Highly recommend this hotel due to the view, service, atmosphere.

Room Tip: Both views are excellent. If your first time ask for river view If possible stay at club floors
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Koreaninsingapore

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us at Grand Hyatt Seoul and providing valuable feedback. We were pleased to read your comments and hear that you enjoyed most of your time at our property.

We have also noted your suggestions for areas for improvement. Thank you once again for staying with us and we look forward to your future visit.

Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

Wonderful views from everywhere in this hotel - really stunning. As are the restaurants - eaten in a few and they're all fantastic.
I never tire of Korean hospitality and this hotel offers some of the best.
Only downside is so-so rooms on the business floors - they could be better soundproofed too!

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

On behalf of the team at Grand Hyatt Seoul, I thank you for your review on TripAdvisor. We are delighted that you enjoyed our views, and the restaurants in our hotel.

Thank you for your constructive comments on our business floor rooms, particularly the soundproofing. We have shared your comments with our facilities department to take these observations into account for our future planning. We hope that we may have another opportunity to serve you on your next visit to Seoul in the very near future.