“Wi-Fi is everything!!”

Ranked #90 of 472 Hotels in Seoul
Bengaluru, India
“Wi-Fi is everything!!”
Reviewed May 24, 2014

Stayed in a three bedroom suite at Fraser Suites Insadong for 6 days, and my experience here slightly dampened what was otherwise a really nice trip to Seoul. The suite itself was quite spacious, although its cleanliness left much to be desired. The bathrooms were not well ventilated, and one of the bedrooms(without windows) was extremely musty. It would take me a whole day to begin to describe the internet issues that plagued me throughout my stay; sufficient to say that you have to pay too much money for slow and unreliable Wi-Fi. However, as other reviewers here point out, the location is great. That is the best part about this hotel. Having read the reviews here before booking, I was aware and prepared for all of this. Surprisingly, I also found the service to be quite disappointing, which is why I am giving the hotel a poor review. As first time visitors to Seoul, we (family of four) needed directions to nearby points of interest but received very little information from the front desk. Although quite polite, they only gave us rough directions when called upon, directions that turned out to be inaccurate in most instances. Unacceptable.

5 Thank RahulSarma90

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
Austin
Reviewed May 22, 2014

Excellent location, walking distance from everything we needed. Staff was friendly. Our room was very comfortable and had everything we needed, included an air purifier. That came in very handy after a couple of days in the smog. Bed was comfortable, shower was hot. Lights flickered a little but otherwise it was perfect.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank bluebird1313
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed May 16, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel twice (Nov. 2010 and May 2014) and both experiences were consistent.

The rooms are spacious and clean (with western style bathrooms, a living area, an adequate kitchen and a washer/dryer). The front desk service is friendly and helpful and since my 2010 visit the hotel has started providing guests (if you ask) with a small fold out card that has a variety of phrases in Korean that you can show to cab drivers (super helpful!).

The location in Insadong is also perfect: Insadong is a great area and you can easily walk to both Gyeongbok Palace and Cheonggyecheon stream. For added convenience, there is there is a 7-11 right across the street, a subway station about a block away, a great Korean bbq place around the corner and a Starbuck's just a short walk away.

The only thing the hotel could improve upon is the wifi service. I didn't mind paying W40000 for my entire 10 day stay, however that only gives you access for 2 devices and they can't be logged in at the same time (and you also can't be using wired internet at the same time). It was also frustrating that you had to re-enter the log in and password every time you came back to the room (my device would remember the network, but the hotel system forces you to log back in).

Finally, we had minor issues with the in-room thermostats. There were three digital thermostats in the room and you could push the buttons, but the settings wouldn't actually change. Our room was cold and the front desk had a radiator type space heater delivered for us -- this was nice, but it would seem simpler to be able to adjust the thermostat.

Overall, I would definitely stay at this hotel again and recommend it to others. It's a great value for the money.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 4th floor and could hear some street noise in our room a night. For a quieter room...
1 Thank dlr03
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed May 8, 2014

As the title states, Fraser Suites Insadong is in one of the best locations in Seoul. Insadong itself can be explored for hours at a time and the subway is right there. Rooms are adequate with a great kitchen set up.

The internet at this hotel, however, is abysmal. For W40K one gets two separate wireless logins that cannot be shared with other devices. On top of that, the connection frequently drops and one must log in dozens of times to access the internet. While the staff was a great help to straighten some of this out, I had to log in on my laptop every time I needed to use it. If you're on a straight vacation with no work, no worries. But if you need to stay in contact with your office, this gets tedious. Management should join the 21st century and provide seemless internet access (although I'm sure it's a cash cow for them).

4 Thank Steve K
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed April 27, 2014 via mobile

I was staying in this condotel for 8 days and it truly feels like home. There were some flaws but they were so tiny. However, I will try to describe my experiences as clear as possible.

I will start with the positive points:

- The location is just perfect, around 5 minutes walk from Anguk station (both the subway station, and the airport bus stop: take bus 6011 from Incheon airport and stop at Anguk Station) or 3 minutes walk from Jongno-3-ga station. It is also near all tourist locations i.e. Bukchon Hanok Village, Insadong market just next door, and all major palaces including Gwanghwamun. Local restaurants and convenient stores are scattered around the hotel.
- Reception desk staff speak very good english and they were really helpful. I was arrived early and had ordered an early check-in, but my room was not ready since all rooms were full booked. At the end they offered me free wifi connection during my stay to redeem that. How nice!
- I stayed at 1 bedroom room and it was huge. It has laundry room where you can wash your clothes, small study desk, good size of kitchen with all utensils, good size of bathroom with deep bath tub and shower, good size of bedroom with huge wardrobe and ironing board, good size of living room with dining room and 2 TVs (1 at the living room, 1 at your bedroom).
- There were gym, sauna, and indoor pool as well but I didn't managed to use them as I was too busy enjoying the city.
- There were lots of art pieces in the hotel. My favourite was the violin statue in the lobby.

Now the low points which I think not that significant if you plan it right:
- No toothbrush and toothpaste so don't forget to bring it or buy it at 7-eleven store outside the hotel.
- Breakfast was expensive and not that good. My advice is to book room-only and go enjoy eating out at local restaurants which were scattered around the hotel. Or if you enjoy cooking, just buy some groceries at the convenient store outside the hotel. So don't worry about it.
- Wifi is not free. It was a bit surprising to know that wifi is not free in this hotel especially if you also knew that this is Seoul, one of the most wired city in the world. But don't worry. I suggest you to buy a prepaid sim card at G45 store at incheon airport (30,000₩ is enough) and register for data package service.
- Airport shuttle is expensive, it is 130,000₩ one way. Why not use the airport bus number 6011 for 10,000₩ one way then? You do need a bit of walk to and from the Anguk bus stop, but hey you can use those 100,000₩ for something else.

At the end, I truly enjoy staying at this hotel and this city. I'll definitely comeback and definitely stay at this hotel again.

Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
8 Thank pwulantary
Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed April 24, 2014

Let me start by saying that this hotel is in a great choice by any measure--it's right in the heart of Insadong, close to shopping and the subway...and down the street from my office--and the suites are first-rate.
There were some small issues with items like the dry-cleaning--but the staff is really excellent and all spoke very good English, which in Seoul, one cannot take for granted. I even had a washer/dryer, oven and full-sized refrigerator, as well as a beautiful view. I really have only one complaint with the Fraser Suites which prevents it from being a 5-star experience--and that is the clumsy internet access. They gave me one access code to connect one device-which is fine. I purchased an additional code to hook up my laptop. This was no big deal. The part that was really poor was that I had to re-type both the access ID and password every single time I wanted to use the internet. Sometimes I would simply put my phone down for 30 minutes, and when I picked it up again, I had to re-login. To some people, this is probably no big deal. To me, staying on business for 2 weeks, this is enough to slightly sour an otherwise great stay. I would stay here again for pleasure...but might try somewhere else next time if I am staying on business.

• Stayed April 2014
Singapore
Reviewed April 22, 2014 via mobile

If you are thinking of a home away from home in Seoul, look no further than the Fraser Suites Insadong. The hotel is located in a district known for traditional Korean arts and crafts with many restaurants and cafés nearby. The room that I had was a 3-bedroom apartment (apartment 401) which was spacious with a big living room , fully equipped kitchenette and washing machine. The staff are friendly and helpful. Jongno 3 ga subway station is a 5 minute walk away. There is a Coffee Bean and Tealeaf Cafe within the same building where you can have your breakfast if you decide not to dine at the hotel's restaurant. Wifi however, is not free. It costs W40,000 for stays of more than 3 days. But with the abundance of free wifi in most public places in Seoul, there is really no need to pay for the wifi access.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends