“Nice place, convenient location”

Orakai Insadong Suites
Ranked #83 of 500 Hotels in Seoul
Reviewed December 25, 2012

Just in the middle of Insadong street, this hotel offer a valuable service according to its high level ranking.
Rooms are all suites (as from the name) and offer at least one bed room with a separate living room and kitchen corner.
Fornitures are nice and the overall environment in warm and comfortable. I've been there twice and I'' be back on my next trip to Seoul.
Thanks to the professional Manager, staff is very well trained and always helpful.
Absolutely recommended.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Pathfinder_1111
There are newer reviews for Orakai Insadong Suites

Reviewed December 24, 2012

I like to stay at places that seems like a home when I travel hotels are generally blasé. I like autonomy as well. After learning about the country I am staying in I might want to cook afterwards. The Fraser suites is more like a home than a hotel. Sure it might not be your brand new dream home but it is a comfortable place to stay after a long day. I stayed at the two bedroom executive apartment and it is comfortable enough for 5 but it is built for 3. It has a decent kitchen with washer, living room with tv and 2 bathrooms. The large bathtub is perfect for those looking to soak after a long day. The place was warmish but could have been a bit warmer in winter. The staff was nice enough to bring in a heater and put by the bed.

My only complaint is about breakfast. Not the best and I don't know why spaghetti and turkey were on the buffet. There were not any Korean food items on the table either.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 20, 2012

We chose this hotel based on the fact that they provide 2-3 bedroom suites with use of the kitchen.
We were very happy with our choice: plenty of space, excellent breakfast, nice bathroom and good location.even if needs a short work to Jongno station.
Shopping around, time at the swimming pool: every one was happy.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Paul S
Reviewed December 19, 2012

We were disappointed with the general condition of the hotel. The hotel is outdated and does not meet the standards of other Frasers hotels. Amenities in the room was almost non existent with no provision of coffee/ tea etc and there was hardly any toiletries in the bathroom.

We had booked a one bedroom suite and requested for a quite non smoking room on a high floor. We received an email prior to our arrival asking about our arrival time which we furnished and again made our request regarding room preference. On arrival, we were given a room on the 3rd floor facing a car park, and it was quite noisy. The front office staff were not friendly or helpful, and were more in a hurry it seems to get rid of us than meet our requests.

The buffet breakfast was also quite disappointing with very poor choice of food. The breakfast room was more like a canteen with basic tables and chairs, and it was also very crowded and noisy.

Fortunately we only stayed 2 nights and certainly will not stay here again in the future.

Room Tip: We're not given a choice, so are not able to comment.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Jeff L
Reviewed December 19, 2012

I booked a 2-bedroom, 2 bath for 3 women to share. The master bedroom had a King bed for two people to share and the other bedroom had 1 twin bed. We even had a humidifier! Our room had a full kitchen, utensils, rice cooker, hot pot (great for making tea), and a huge enclosed balcony on the 16th floor, which afforded great views of Seoul. This seems to be more like an extended stay-type hotel with long-term residents, but that is what made it great! The buffet breakfast was included and so convenient.

The pool and locker room is like being in your own personal spa, which was my favorite part. I had the large pool to myself (no lifeguard) and loved it. Maybe because it was the weekday morning, and the people who live there were at work? There's also a warmer pool, and shallow recreation pool. There's also a steam room, sauna, hot/cold pools inside the locker room. They have amenities in the women's side, like shampoo, body wash, body lotion, face toner, hair gel, q-tips, one hair brush (!), a hair dryer, towels, keyless lockers. I didn't use the gym, but it was fairly large and I saw people working with trainers in the morning.

We also had dinner twice in the Korean restaurant attached to the hotel, near the lobby which serves traditional food, like Korean BBQ. I was with Korean-speaking companions, which made it easier to communicate. The food was pretty good, but you could probably find a cheaper place. The convenience made it worth it on a bad weather day.

We were able to do a popular walking tour that starts right by the hotel, near the Anguk station. We walked to a traditional village area, palaces and more. Go the other direction toward the Jongno 3 station, and you'll have tons of shopping and food options.

The only downside was the proximity to the airport bus stop, which is either near the Anguk station or near the YMCA stop. If you have large bags that aren't easy to roll down the sidewalk, then you might want to try for a very short cab ride to the station. Cab drivers have a hard time finding this place. It helps to have someone who's Korean describe where to go, if you can. Showing the cab driver a map on Google is not going to cut it, if he can't read the English street names. My friend had to point out every street and say the name in Korean on the Google map to describe where we were going. We got lucky and took a cheap cab to the airport (with the help of my Korean-speaking friend who negotiated it for us). It was a minor inconvenience--I'd stay again the next time I'm in Seoul!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 12, 2012

We booked a 3 bedroom deluxe suite for 3 of us travelling together in order to get a room each and two bathrooms. However, in the deluxe suite, the third room is a "study" with no windows. After raising this with reception, we were eventually moved to a 3 bedroom "executive" suite which had three proper bedrooms. It's misleading to have the two different categories with no explanation as to the actual bedrooms.

What you are really paying for here is space, especially when compared to a conventional hotel. You get a great amount of space in the suite here, however the quality of the service, fixtures and fittings is more that of a 3 or at best 4* hotel. We had to ask for enough towels almost every day for instance.

Location is very good, right in the heart of Insadong, and an easy walk to the area around City Hall and the Lotte Department Store. There are two subway stations (and 3 lines) all within a 3 minute walk of the hotel, and the KAL airport limo bus is within a five minute taxi from the hotel.

Staff were generally nice and helpful, but breakfast as others have commented is basic and around 9:30am pretty busy with kids. However, it's included in the room rate so really not much to complain about.

Finally, we arrived around 11am from a long-haul flight, and I'd previously emailed requesting an early check-in. Whilst we were able to shower and freshen up in the spa, our room wasn't ready until around their advertised check-in time of 3pm.

If you want space and a good location, I'd certainly recommend the Fraser Suites, but if you're looking for a 5* experience, look elsewhere (and stretch your budget accordingly!).

Room Tip: 3 bedroom "deluxe" suites only have two bedrooms with windows, the third is an internal ro...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank hb133
Reviewed December 9, 2012

Family of 5 (3 children) in 3-bedroom suite, penthouse level. Everything provided, although our one night stay didn't allow time to use the kitchen with oven, microwave, dishwasher, full size refridgerator, tableware and cutlery. Also didn't use their combination washer/ dryer. Ideal for longer stays. Used their pool, hottub, cold bath with waterfall massage, steam and dry saunas. Breakfast is all-American, i.e. bagels, potatoes, toast, cereal etc. Plenty of Korean eateries walking distance from hotel.

Room Tip: 3-bedroom suites located on penthouse levels have great view of city.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family