$264
$202
$102
$83
1,000 results
All reviewsoutdoor swimming poolelegant hotelgangnam gubusiness tripclub roomthe entire hotelhotel experiencelobby areasubway stationincheon airportfantastic hotelbreakfast buffetsouth koreakorean stylecentral locationhotel stafffitness center
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 30, 2013

It is worst hotel I ever been, seems that they are ready to steal money from your pocket by any means. I checked review on tripadvisor also, someone also wrote , I decided to check, you sit in lobby area , immeditely someone come ask you to order something. To me they rudely told if you dont order you cant sit here. I never ever experienced such a rude from any five star type of hotel. Prices are very high.I dont recommend any one this hotel

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
7  Thank Manish K
IPSEOUL, Guest Relations at Imperial Palace Seoul, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2013

Greetings from the Imperial Palace Seoul.

I am so sorry to hear about your unfortunate incident at our hotel. We pride ourselves in having friendly, caring and attentive staff throughout the hotel and I am sorry that your experience did not reflect this.

Hotel management is taking this issue very seriously. Our Lobby Lounge acts as a restaurant and bar throughout the day for our guests. As at all of our restaurants and bars when guests sit down they are assisted by a waiter/waitress and offered a menu. That being said, our management realizes with limited seating areas in the lobby that guests need additional seating in the Lobby Lounge. In the future our staff will be more flexible and understanding of guests needs.

I hope that you may reconsider and stay with us again in the future. We will do our best to make your future stays more enjoyable.

Imperial Palace Hotel

Reviewed October 25, 2013

I stayed in this hotel from 15th to 19th Oct . Here rooms are small but expensive . In room tariff onlt fitness club is allowed plus two bottles of water . They charge separately 38USD for breakfast and 25 USD for internet . I am travelling to many countries and every where internet and breakfast is free . Hotel mgt should look into it .
there is good connection by bus to airport . Fitness club is good .

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank travelchampion062
IPSEOUL, Guest Relations at Imperial Palace Seoul, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2013

Greetings from the Imperial Palace Seoul.

First I would like to thank you for staying with us and thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

I am glad you enjoyed our fitness club and also found the Korean Air Limousine Bus to Incheon Airport convenient.

Regarding the internet access and breakfast, they are included depending on the type of reservation. For example: certain corporate accounts, online special offers, all Club Rooms. Before making your reservation next time, you may want to contact our Reservation Department to see what options are best for you. You can also check the iPrefer website at www.iprefer.com for special offers available – simply enter our hotel name and search ongoing promotions at our hotel.

Additionally, we now offer complimentary WiFi in the lobby of the hotel.

Once again, I thank you for your feedback and hope that we can welcome you back in the future.

Imperial Palace Hotel

Reviewed August 27, 2013

Stayed here whilst on a business trip to Seoul. As some earlier reviewers have noted this is not one of your usual hotels and in general has the feel of a neo communist regime keen to impress with an eclectic mix of fin de siecle decor and out and out lottery winner bling.

One of the major problems whilst there was that the airconditioning appeared to be centrally controlled and despite a couple of attempts to try have have this adjusted (Summer in Seoul can be very hot) it stayed at a constant 26 degrees C. Rooms were clean and well tended to but just all a bit too fussy and faded.

Breakfast was underwhelming and although we paid for the executive floor drinks - happy hour - meeting space etc etc, it was not worth it in the end.

Its a long way from the centre of the city but there are plenty of bars and restaurants and Cafes (if you are in Seoul you can not go more than 100 metres without seeing one) so in this regard not too bad.

The staff were curtious and we had an interesting evening the in the bar with a very entertaining Philipino band but drinks expensive so beware. The whiskey bar particularly so.

So all in all okay but am unlikely to stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank WinchesterCathedral
IPSEOUL, Guest Relations at Imperial Palace Seoul, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2013

Greetings from the Imperial Palace Seoul!

We thank you for staying at the Imperial Palace Seoul and sharing your feedback.

We are sorry to hear that your stay wasn't more enjoyable and apologize for the problems you experienced with the air conditioning in your room. As you may have heard, due to the high amount of power being used across the country this summer, the government had restricted power usage at certain times of the day thus resulting in higher than normal temperatures throughout the hotel.

Regarding the executive floor lounge, I am sorry that you weren't satisfied with the benefits that the lounge has to offer. We do our best to offer executive floor lounge guests a calm and relaxing environment with all the amenities a business traveler would need. We are always looking for ways to improve our services and we will take your valuable feedback into consideration.

As for our location, we are located south of the central downtown area but we are in the heart of the well-known Gangnam District. There are lots of interesting places to visit like Bongeunsa Temple, Seonjeongneung – UNESCO World Heritage Site , and the trendy Garosu-gil and the Cheongdam-dong areas known for great shopping, restaurants and cafes.

I hope that you may reconsider and stay with us again during your next visit to Seoul.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

This is quite a tricky hotel to review. Objectively, it is a little overpriced, and the rooms are definitely in need of updating compared to some of the competition in the Gangnam area, but at a time when hotels are often excessively 'branded', this place has considerable charm, and I found myself really enjoying my stay here.

First thing to say is that the hotel is quite conspicuously traditional in its presentation. Rooms and corridors have extensive wood panelling, and the feel is of slightly fading imperial grandeur. Objectively, the rooms are of average size, and the bathrooms really aren't up to the level of the competition, but the style is a refreshing change in some ways. My bathroom had one of the complicated toilets which you often seen in Korea and Japan, but this was really the only concession to modernity in the bathroom.

I had a non-smoking room, and there was no evidence of smoking in the roo or the corridor (contrary to some reviews). There is a slight 'woody' aroma in the hallways, but this is not cigarette smoke - it's from the wooden panelling.

Breakfast was pretty good, although again, not quite up with the best.

The service was quite outstanding - on the formal side, but unfailingly attentive and polite. This was the case throughout the hotel, and it gave the feeling of being an honoured guest, rather than just a customer.

A couple of surprises - there is an outdoor pool, but it costs extra to use it - a shame when the temperature was high and the public areas had limited air conditioning (as everywhere else in Korea) due to a power shortage.

Location is OK - not so many eating options close to the hotel, but it is a short walk to the MRT. It is, however, very convenient for my company offices, so I shall doubtless return, and I will look forward to it. The service, and the slightly fading grandeur really make this place.

To get to/from the hotel, it is worth knowing that the KAL Limo buses stop right outside the Imperial Palace. Take bus 6704, from exit 11a at Incheon. 16,000 Won, with service approximately every 30 minutes. Journey takes between 70 and 90 minutes.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
IPSEOUL, Guest Relations at Imperial Palace Seoul, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2013

Greetings from the Imperial Palace Seoul!

Thank you for sharing your review on TripAdvisor. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the charm and ambiance of the Imperial Palace Seoul. We are also pleased that you found our staff attentive and polite throughout the hotel.

I would like to thank you for your understanding regarding the limited air conditioning in the public areas. As you know, due to the high amount of power being used across the country this summer, the government restricted usage to all hotels.

You mentioned that you may not have found so many eating options near the hotel. On your next visit please stop by the Concierge or Guest Relations Desk on the first floor. Our staff can assist in guiding you to some nearby restaurants in walking distance and many more just a 5~10 minute taxi ride away.

Again, I thank you for sharing your review and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Imperial Palace Seoul soon!

Reviewed July 20, 2013

We stayed there for three nights on a recent trip to Seoul. The concierge is very helpful and very kind in providing directions and assisted us in anyway they can, but the hotel truly requires some updating. The drainage of the both shower rooms we stayed were cloaked and water spilled out to the the floor. The Gym is very comprehensive with all the various machines, and separate area for stretching, weightlifting, even provided a dance floor if you want to practice your dance steps and ballet poses..... Swimming pool indoor one is small, but never crowded. Outdoor swimming pool was closed during our stay.. The configuration of the B-1 facilities was quite strange lay-outs, you could get lost in direction just trying to go from changing rooms to the Gym.. Not a very good design, I am afraid.

Room size ok, beds comfortable but really an old version and requires maintenance and updating to worth its star rating...

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank lavoyageuse66
IPSEOUL, Guest Relations at Imperial Palace Seoul, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2013

Greetings from the Imperial Palace, Seoul.

We were pleased to hear that you found our concierge staff to be helpful during your stay and also glad that you enjoyed our state-of-the-art fitness center that offers various workout zones.

Regarding the layout from the changing rooms to the gym area, I will contact the fitness manager to see if more signage maybe helpful for guests.

We are always striving to offer guests a comfortable and enjoyable stay. Accordingly, updates and maintenance are done regularly throughout the hotel. I will make sure that our maintenance department pays special attention to the shower drains as you mentioned.

I thank you for your valuable feedback and hope that we can offer you a more enjoyable experience on your next stay with us.

Imperial Palace, Seoul