“nice business hotel but aging”

Imperial Palace Seoul
Ranked #20 of 472 Hotels in Seoul
Munich, Germany
“nice business hotel but aging”
Reviewed July 3, 2013

I am coming to this hotel for more then 10 years because it is close to my company. Nice hotel, very nice fitness centre. But rooms are getting old. The name Palace is really good chosen but for me it is sometimes too much palace. Overpowering entrance, big lobby. Sorry to say but I see a slight decrease of service in the last 10 years. example, when I have to ask 2 times for a second cup of coffee, this is not what I expect from a palace hotel. Not big issue you may say but when I look at price per value, the hotel is expensive.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
IPSEOUL, Guest Relations at Imperial Palace Seoul, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Greetings from the Imperial Palace, Seoul.

First I would like to thank you for your continued patronage over the past 10 years.

We are happy to hear that you enjoy some of the hotel facilities like the fitness center. As you know, our fitness center is exclusive to room guests and members, so the private atmosphere is ideal for business travelers like yourself.

I am sorry to hear that you have seen a slight decrease in our service quality and I apologize for any inconveniences you experienced on your last stay with us. We are always striving to improve our services and offer a 5-star experience to guests. I hope that we can offer you a better experience on your next visit.

Again, I thank you for your continued patronage over the years and I hope we have the pleasure of having you as our guest again soon.

Imperial Palace, Seoul

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Penang, Malaysia
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Stayed here for business for 4 days. Very imperial design.... English and Korean. Hotel environment was nice, quiet, ambient environment, nice lighting and above all clean & tidy. Lobby was nice. Room was good. Confortable bed. Location was very convenient (close to Gangnam street). Subway station is just 5~10 minutes walk.

Room Tip: Choose higher floor so that will have the best view of Seoul city.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
5 Thank Yathis
IPSEOUL, Guest Relations at Imperial Palace Seoul, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Greetings from the Imperial Palace, Seoul.

We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Also, glad that you enjoyed the ambiance of our hotel. As you noticed, we have many European antiques throughout the hotel which lend to the Imperial design feel.

In the rooms we do our best to combine state-of-the-art facilities with all of the comforts of home. We have also added soft mattress covers to most of our beds to assure guests have a good nights sleep.

Our hotel is located in the heart of the Gangnam district with many places to explore including the Gangnam station street area. If you didn’t visit on this trip, I would recommend checking out the Garosugil area next time! This is a very trendy area filled with a variety of shops and restaurants.

Again, so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon.

Miami Beach, Florida
Reviewed June 10, 2013

We stayed at this hotel in june 2013 and upgraded to the Club Imperial which gave us free Internet, breakfast, lounge access, mineral water and gymnasium.

We loved the lounge and especially the happy hour (1800-2100) with free food and drinks. The gymnasium was also fantastic. They provide t-shirt, swimwear, slippers, towels, shampoo etc.

The bed was hard, and the wc funny with extra functionality.

Room Tip: Make the upgrade to Club Imperial.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank CarloSantoso
IPSEOUL, Guest Relations at Imperial Palace Seoul, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Greetings from the Imperial Palace, Seoul!

I thank you for taking the time to share your positive review of our hotel. And I am so glad that you enjoyed our Club Imperial Lounge and all the benefits that come along with being a club guest.

I hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon!

Charlottesville, Virginia
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Came here on a business trip, had room arranged by conference. Room spacious, altough I like a softer mattress. Prob just Korean likes/dislikes. Comfortable otherwise. Grill had great food but very expensive. $25 for a hamburger. Real treat was live morning wakeup callDesk, Concierge very helpful Morning breakfast wonderful. Try the omlet made with chop sticks!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank samtrip12345
IPSEOUL, Guest Relations at Imperial Palace Seoul, responded to this review, May 12, 2013
Greetings from the Imperial Palace, Seoul.

Glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and found our rooms to be comfortable and spacious.

Also, glad to hear that you enjoyed our food. Our hotel is well-known for its high quality of food. Our outdoor Garden Terrace will open this week and will stay open until the end of summer, so be sure to try it during your next visit.

Thank you for sharing your feedback on Trip Advisor! We look forward to welcoming you back to the Imperial Palace Seoul again soon.

Hong Kong, China
Reviewed May 2, 2013

They charged me US$30.00 for two hard boiled eggs and one apple - must have been laid by the hen that lays golden eggs! Completely unreasonable and I told them so at check out. Managed to begrudingly get 50% of the charge as they hadn't told me how ridiculously expensive that simple order would be. I was told that it was quite all right to charge me that amount. Really!!

Couldn't sit in the main lobby without being asked to buy a drink, again at extortionate prices, so had to move even if I was waiting 3 minutes for a car to take me to a meeting. And no one was sitting there anyway.

Went to use the gym and you had to pay to use the sauna.

In the end felt like I'd spent 2 nights on a low budget airline where they try and rinse you for every $ possible.

Left and stayed at another hotel for last night.

Other that that nice rooms and quite a nice 'old school' vibe.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Jimmy D
Greetings from the Imperial Palace, Seoul.

We were so sorry to hear that you didn’t have a more positive experience during your stay with us.
Regarding the issues that you mentioned, we have spoken with the staff about better informing guests of prices when items that are ordered are not listed on the menu.
Also, we have spoken with our Lobby Lounge staff and asked them to be more flexible with guests needing a place to wait for their colleagues.
As for the sauna, this is only included in the room cost of club rooms. If you should choose to stay with us again in the future I would advise a club room. This room type would include complimentary use of the sauna and breakfast, day snack, and happy hour in the evenings. Additional club benefits can be found on our website.
I thank you taking the time to share your feedback and hope that you decide to try our hotel again in the future.

Shanghai, China
Reviewed April 26, 2013

I stayed at the Imperial Palace hotel Seoul in March for 4 nights with families. My daughter has pneumonia in the evening of first day. I'm very helpless and I called hotel then. Their Duty Manager Paul Wang and a driver drove us to the nearest hospital at the first time for free. And my spoken English is not good and Paul is very patient to us and guide us to each stop of hospital and translate korean to English to me from doctor. He company with me the whole process in hospital. His patient and courtesy make me very impressive. The next day the hotel gave me a greeting card and a basket of fruit and left a message that they're happy to help me and please let them know if I need further help. My daughter is better when we left this hotel and I'm very graceful for that. It's so lucky to meet Paul and stay here in Seoul.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Amy Y
IPSEOUL, Guest Relations at Imperial Palace Seoul, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Greetings from the Imperial Palace, Seoul!

I am so glad to hear that your daughter is feeling better. Also glad to hear that our Duty Manager, Paul Wang was so helpful to you and your family during your stay.
Mr. Wang is a very caring man and always does his best to assist guests in any situation. He too was so glad to hear that your daughter is feeling better and he was happy to assist your family.

Thank you for taking the time to share your praise of our duty manager. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you and your family back again soon!

Melaka, Malaysia
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Exremely courteous staff and very helpful when requesting information or directions but the hotel is aa little "aged" but amenities are first class. It was averaging 6 degrees outside at night but rooms were very warm and aircon would not switch on. I stayed 4 nights and had 5 breakfasts and every morning the same food was on offer (no variety). Extremely pricey so I would not recommend to dine or drink in the hotel as there are a few local bars within walking distance at a third of the price (24Hr shop a tenth of the price). A good hotel for a business trip but I would not recommend it for a holiday as the location is too far away from shopping malls and good restaurants.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank BedrockB
IPSEOUL, Guest Relations at Imperial Palace Seoul, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Greetings from the Imperial Palace, Seoul!

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad to hear that you found our staff to be courteous and helpful during your stay.

Regarding the air conditioning, we only operate the heating system in the winter and early spring. Once it starts to warm up outside we activate the air conditioning system. I apologize for any inconvenience caused by this. Next time if you should stay with us please let us know if you are uncomfortable and we will do our best to assist you.

As for the morning breakfast, I have spoken with the head culinary advisor to see if some variations can be made to the breakfast buffet.

Next time you visit, please ask our staff for a local map with restaurant listings and information. The staff would be happy to recommend some nice options within walking distance and in the Gangnam area (a 10-15 minute taxi ride).

The Gangnam area also has some great shopping areas including the COEX Mall, Rodeo Street, Garosu-gil and the Gangnam Station area. Our Concierge Staff has plenty maps and guide books so please let them know if you need anything.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon.

Imperial Palace Hotel