Had two stays here last week (both two nights). Upgraded to club suites at both stays - had booked cheapest annex room. Hotel was pretty much fully booked, but was upgraded anyway (SPG Platinum upgrade).
Location - It is in a little remote location, but there is a free shuttle every 10 min which connects to the subway system. Another option is to take a cab. It is a 30 min ride from the city center by cab, which costs around 20000 won one-way. Not too expensive. Cabs are cheap in Seoul.
Staff - are eager to please and fulfill your requirements, and they are not allowed to accept tip (just like Japan).
Suite - club suite, located on "Sheraton Club Floor" - 12th till 17th floor. It was an open suite, not separate living/study area like traditional suites. Living area had a sitting group and desk and large LCD-television. There was a small toilet stall connected to the living area. There was a small wall separating the bedroom and living area. The bedroom had one queen bed and one single bed and a LCD-television. A larger bathroom with separate shower and bathtub, and a toilet stall as well. Wonderful toilets - that clean and dry, so no need for toilet paper, hehe. The suite had nice views over the river. A nice suite, not very private though with the open solution and also lot of glass/windows used in the bathroom.
Lounge - large lounge with nice views. Breakfast is very limited though. Happy hour was nice, and had some warm dishes as well.
Health club - nice pool and gym, but on the more tatty side, was pretty tired. It closed at 9:30PM every day, which was a huge inconvenience. Should at least be open till 10PM or 11PM.
Food and beverage - a lot of restaurants/bars and lounges located in the Sheraton and in the connecting W Hotel. But the kitchen closes at 10:30PM sharp! So it is impossible to have food after this. Not even the bar serves sandwiches after this. Kinda strange for a hotel of this calibre! There is some kind of bar on the 16 floor, but they serve expensive snacks only (caviar, lobster, etc etc). Room service is open 24 hours a day however - and the food was good.
All in all a pretty good hotel. Would return here any day!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled amid the picturesque Hangang River and Achasan Mountain, Grand Walkerhill Seoul is an urban destination providing guests soothing relaxation in nature, as well as banquets, entertainment, and leisure facilities accompanied by its five-star service. It features a variety of scenic attractions such as Cherry Blossom in spring; shades of trees in summer; foliage in autumn; snowy landscape in winter; and various facilities such as ‘Riverpark’, an outdoor swimming pool overlooking a panorama of the river; ‘Camping in the City’ offering unique camping experience; ‘Walkerhill Kids Club’ for children; ‘Walkerhill Library’ which is book cafe where guests can allow themselves in reading piles of books in comfort. In addition, a convention center of sizes and purposes with 8 functions room (Vista Hall, Aida, Walkerhill Theater, Cosmos Hall, Art Hall, Pine Room, and Grand Hall), which is equipped with state-of-the-art lighting & sound systems, a full-service team of professionals and in-house technicians, offers guests the best service for family gatherings, wedding, large-scale international conference, and business events. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity and Agoda so you can book your Grand Walkerhill Seoul reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Grande Walkerhill Hotel Seoul
- Sheraton Grande Walker Hill Hotel
- Sheraton Seoul
- Seoul Sheraton