The only problem, outside of expense (which is reasonable considering what is provided) with the Sheraton Grande Walker Hill is that it is quite aways from downtown. Therefore, to go downtown, one needs to take a taxi or a shuttle bus. One of the subway stations isn't too far from the hotel; however, it is an enormous maze--easy to get lost. However then, one good reason for the Sheraton's location is that, while it is quite aways from downtown, it is in a REALLY COOL location away from downtown. Ironic isn't it? The hotel is not in a slummy area away from downtown, but in a nice hilly area across the river. That said, I was mostly taking organized tours downtown, so there was not much of a problem there, except that during rush hour, much of Seoul turns into a huge parking lot. SO, therefore, it is great that the SGWH has some really excellent rooms, one which was mine for a few days. Moreover, there are a few shops of interest in the hotel, but the big draw for me was the cuisine. Japanese, Korean, and Chinese restaurants (I took two out of three, and enjoyed my meals immensely). Needless to say, this was the first time I had really good Korean cuisine. Of course there is the casino, but I didn't spend my time there; likewise I have been through Vegas and to Macao, and didn't do the casino shuffle there either. I think of it as an acquired taste. Or maybe an acquired waste. Depends on how you look at the purpose of casinos. The people at the hotel were very helpful, even though my Korean is worse than my Japanese, which is worse than my Mandarin, which is....Internet service availability was excellent. Back to my room, I had a good view of some mountains out my window; my non-city tour days was spent hiking in similar mountains outside the city and in the east of the country. Seoul is an enormous sprawl, but it is a pretty decent enormous sprawl, and the SGWH is the right type of hotel for those who seem intimidated by the exterior enormous sprawl we call Seoul.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled amid the picturesque Hangang River and Achasan Mountain, Grand Walkerhill Seoul is an urban destination providing guests soothing relaxation in nature, as well as banquets, entertainment, and leisure facilities accompanied by its five-star service. It features a variety of scenic attractions such as Cherry Blossom in spring; shades of trees in summer; foliage in autumn; snowy landscape in winter; and various facilities such as ‘Riverpark’, an outdoor swimming pool overlooking a panorama of the river; ‘Camping in the City’ offering unique camping experience; ‘Walkerhill Kids Club’ for children; ‘Walkerhill Library’ which is book cafe where guests can allow themselves in reading piles of books in comfort. In addition, a convention center of sizes and purposes with 8 functions room (Vista Hall, Aida, Walkerhill Theater, Cosmos Hall, Art Hall, Pine Room, and Grand Hall), which is equipped with state-of-the-art lighting & sound systems, a full-service team of professionals and in-house technicians, offers guests the best service for family gatherings, wedding, large-scale international conference, and business events. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Agoda and Hotels.com so you can book your Grand Walkerhill Seoul reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Grande Walkerhill Hotel Seoul
- Sheraton Grande Walker Hill Hotel
- Sheraton Seoul
- Seoul Sheraton