My Thai wife and I are on our first trip to South Korea. I booked this hotel for the first five nights. We are Platinum SPG and were upgraded to a suite with a wonderful view of the Hangang River. The suite was well appointed, with everything clean and working. Minor comment is that the bath towels seemed a little threadbare, might be worth the hotel looking to renew.
To be honest I didn't realise the hotel was so far out of Seoul. Might not have booked it if I had but we soon sorted out the transport options. The first two mornings we walked a kilometer down the hill and used the subway to get into the city. On the second day we caught the hotel shuttle bus from the subway back to the hotel. Obviously this service would save us the walk down but we enjoyed it. On our second last day we took the shuttle into central Seoul. We could have caught it back but chose a taxi. We found the taxis in Seoul to be reasonably priced but there is a language issue at times.
Back to the hotel. We enjoyed the Club Lounge on several occassions. Twice we could not be accommodated immediately for evening cocktails; it is peak season. On both occassions we were called back from our room within 20 minutes. The evening cocktails also offer sufficient food to make a light dinner. We took breakfast there on three mornings. Standard, limited range but enough to provide an adequate breakfast. Twice we asked to take breakfast in the main cafe downstairs. A voucher was promptly provided. An extensive breakfast is available in the cafe.
We had room service one night. Food arrived quickly and was very well presented. Was standard but again adequate fare. Maybe a bit expensive.
Only real issue we encountered was the laundry charges. It is outlandish, a least four times more expensive than I've encountered anywhere in the world. Seriously, you need to wonder how you could be charged more to launder a tailor made short sleeve shirt than you paid for it. The wife chose to hand wash.
We found the service in the hotel to be very good. The hotel also has a strict no tipping policy.
We will be back and happy to recommend this hotel, with maybe a word of caution regarding the laundry charges.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled amid the picturesque Hangang River and Achasan Mountain, Grand Walkerhill Seoul is an urban destination providing guests soothing relaxation in nature, as well as banquets, entertainment, and leisure facilities accompanied by its five-star service. It features a variety of scenic attractions such as Cherry Blossom in spring; shades of trees in summer; foliage in autumn; snowy landscape in winter; and various facilities such as ‘Riverpark’, an outdoor swimming pool overlooking a panorama of the river; ‘Camping in the City’ offering unique camping experience; ‘Walkerhill Kids Club’ for children; ‘Walkerhill Library’ which is book cafe where guests can allow themselves in reading piles of books in comfort. In addition, a convention center of sizes and purposes with 8 functions room (Vista Hall, Aida, Walkerhill Theater, Cosmos Hall, Art Hall, Pine Room, and Grand Hall), which is equipped with state-of-the-art lighting & sound systems, a full-service team of professionals and in-house technicians, offers guests the best service for family gatherings, wedding, large-scale international conference, and business events. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Agoda, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Walkerhill Seoul reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Grande Walkerhill Hotel Seoul
- Sheraton Grande Walker Hill Hotel
- Sheraton Seoul
- Seoul Sheraton