“Great hotel but expensive”

Grand Walkerhill Seoul
Ranked #35 of 529 Hotels in Seoul
Reviewed March 20, 2012

One of the best hotel in seoul plus one of the most expensive hotel.

Bed service cleaness- you don't have to worry at all.
Very modern and elaborate interior.

But the location is minus.
Although it has a great view of han river, it's very far from the airport.(It is in the east end of Seoul,butthe airport is west direction from Seoul)
And also it has a shuttle bus service to the subway station, but Still it is difficult to reach the public transportation.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Joshua711

Reviewed March 3, 2012

My company conducted a fairly large meeting here. The bell staff and front desk were quick, efficient and very courteous. The guest rooms were immaculate and adequate (not overly spacious) in size. The meeting rooms were very spacious, with excellent audio-visual facilities. The meeting refreshments were ordinary and uninspired; the coffee was terribly weak. The breakfast buffet at "The View" had an enormous variety of both Asian and Western style fare. The omelettes are especially good. The lunch buffet at
The Four Seasons" was incredibly crowded, with people pushing to and fro. All in all, not so pleasant; though the food selection again was quite vast. For supper all the restaurants are rather expensive for what you get.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Orso52
Reviewed January 24, 2012

This is the second time we stayed at this property, the first one was during the 2002 world cup. No more than five minutes after our arrival all keys to our rooms ( 6 of them) were ready, the check in process was smooth and seamless. The rooms were basic but were very well maintaned. The staff were very courteus and efficient. The breakfast is one of the best we have ever had, the quantity of the selection were standard, but the quality is very high.
Yes, this hotel is bit far from city, but the upside is nice environment good for morning exercise. We ate at Ondall restaurant, the food were grewat but very pricey.
All in all we have no complaints regarding this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 5, 2012

I stayed here because I attended a conference at the hotel. I stayed in the main building. It was nice. The indoor pool was warm. I usually travel with my swim cap so I was not upset by the swim cap requirement. The service was good. The location is a pain if you want to do anything in Seoul. But, you can walk around the grounds and go for a run on the path by the river. The on location restaurants are expensive but decent selection and food.

Room Tip: Main building
Reviewed December 30, 2011

I checked into the hotel on the evening of 30th of December 2011. At first they provided me with a handicap room and asked for a change of room. They did. Went out in town and came back to get some sleep at around midnight. The heater was not working so I had called to see if they could get the heat up in the building. They barge into the room at one in the morning and say nothing is wrong. I told them that I wouldn't waste my time at one in the morning if nothing was wrong and asked to feel the air and they confirmed that is was cold. they advised that they will turn up the building heating system and left. 15 minutes later, nothing changed so we call the duty manager. He calls back and says I am a liar and yells at me. I asked him to check for himself and he comes up 15 minutes later with four other employees. He then rushed at me and punched me on my chest and arm giving me a bruise. He then yelled at me telling me to pack my bags at 1:30am in the morning to get the he'll out of his hotel. I immediately called the police. He was placed under arrest but he immediately stated that I hit him and I was also placed under arrest. I now have a bruised chest and a badly bruised arm.

Poor judgement of a poorly trained employee leave this hotel as the worst service hotel in the world. I am now preparing a lawsuit with them. So should you decide to stay, never ask for anything or you just might get a beat down.

For those of you who may think I struck first? I did not. Even if I did as a service industry, they should have called the police but it was I that called for help.

• Stayed: December 2011
3  Thank Calfullerton
General Manager W, General Manager at Grand Walkerhill Seoul, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2012

We hope the hotel not to be misconceived or the viewers of TripAdvisor not to misjudge about the hotel by this false review. This case was closed with the staff declared innocent by Seoul Dongbu District Public Prosecutors' Office on Jan 27. 2012.
We stand behind our sincere customer service and always make sure to provide the highest standard of service. If you have any question please feel free to contact us at any time. Tel. +82 2 450 6457

Reviewed November 29, 2011

Stayed twice here recently, the 1st time was in an older suite in June 2011- but the room was still kept clean and comfortable.

2nd stay was in a renewal suite in Nov 2011, the room is more modern and ofcos nicer to stay in it.

The hotel is connected to the W Hotel next door and they are located on a moutain where there is not much restaurant or shop around them. But they do provide shuttle bus to the nearest metro station, myeongdong shopping area and another location which I cant recall the name. There is Airport Shuttle bus travel from Incheon to the hotel and back which make it easier for traveller (and ofcos this is cheaper than taxi. bus ticket is 15,000 won/way)

2  Thank Daniel_THL
Reviewed November 26, 2011

We had no option because all the hotels were booked for the days of our business trip. Don't get me wrong, the hotel is very nice, rooms comfortable, staff very friendly and helpful, but it is very far from downtown and it is not cheap at all. By taxi it takes almost an hour, sometimes more, with heavy traffic in the morning.
And as usual in luxury hotels internet connection is expensive (I don't really understand why...)
The views to the river where very nice.
Another downside is breakfast. Not very good and expensive.

1  Thank bertismo