“Delightful hotel, very good service.”

The Westin Chosun Seoul
Ranked #22 of 500 Hotels in Seoul
Reviewed January 23, 2014

I spent two nights here recently and upgraded to a small suite (17th floor). The room was spacious and well-equipped, as you would expect from a Westin, with a small closet area and a nice, small bathroom. My complimentary breakfast in the Aria restaurant was very good on both days with lots of Asian and Western food choices. The standard of service is excellent - all the staff I met were gracious, helpful and knowledgeable.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank MJMH
Carol C, Manager at The Westin Chosun Seoul, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2014

Warm greeting from the Westin Chosun, Seoul

It was our pleasure you stayed with us and thank you so much for your compliment and we are encouraged by your nice comment.
We, all our Westin Chosun, Seoul, associates are truly welcoming you back again we will do our best so that you would feel home away from home .

There are newer reviews for The Westin Chosun Seoul

Reviewed January 20, 2014 via mobile

Stayed for 6 days to enjoy the Korean winter weather. Since the last time I was at Westin chosun in 2008 the hotel has been renovated and look excellent.

Staff were helpful and attentive at all times. I left my iPhone in a taxi which I took from the hotel and the bell boys managed to retrieve it back by reviewing the CCTV to retrieve the car no and called the cab and got the cab driver to deliver it back.

Love the heated indoor pool. Big gym and sauna facilities. Great good during cocktails.

Staff are friendly and make me feel like HOME. Al out to please you. If I ever come back Westin chosun would be my choice.

• Stayed: January 2014
2  Thank JimmyKL
Carol C, Manager at The Westin Chosun Seoul, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2014

Greetings from the Westin Chosun, Seoul, Korea

This is carol choi of service express manager, on behalf of our management; I would like to extend our sincere gratitude for your effort to leave a compliment to our service and hotel facilities.
We were also delighted we had found your iphone from the taxi.
Thank you again for taking time to review about our service.
We, all our Westin Chosun, Seoul, associates are always truly welcoming you back.

carol choi of Service Express Manager

Reviewed January 19, 2014

Location is very good, directly next to Lotte department store and only 5 minutes walk to Myeongdong (“MD”). I had no idea that it was so close to MD before I went, because the address of the hotel was not in MD and that City Hall subway station, where the hotel is, is 2-3 stops from MD station.

It’s very easy to get to the hotel from the airport, Airport limousine 6701 goes directly from front of airport to hotel door. It costs 16,000W per way and takes 70 minutes. Get tickets at one of the orange counters in the airport or from the men at the bus stop direct. On the way to the airport get tickets at the front desk. The buses are 20 minutes apart.

Room
The room was bright both in terms of natural light and also sufficient lighting installed. There was sufficient space even after setting down 2 suitcases. The chaise and carpet were comfortable; TV was big with lots of channels; very good air conditioning (glad it wasn’t central heating), I did not get cold even though it was subzero outside. Towels and bed linen were very clean. Hot water shower was very consistent and there was zero leakage. The toilet was one of those Japanese ones with electronic bidet. I only had 1 minor problem with the bathroom door that didn’t close properly, I’m sure it’s only my room but I forgot to tell the hotel before I left.

Equipment/Facilities
There’s a Nespresso machine with 2 capsules each day, but my machine wasn’t working properly, only a squirt of coffee came out even though I selected the larger size, so I had to press it about about half a dozen times to accumulate an espresso sized cup of coffee/a dozen times for a lungo size. (I also forgot to tell the hotel, will probably jot an email) There was an ipod dock but I feel this is now obsolete as it only works for iphone 4 and older models. I didn’t personally wake up early enough to eat breakfast but my friend said it was very mediocre. He said that the fitness centre and pool was top notch and clothes are provided in the gym. We had free wifi in the room but I understand that this is not the case for everyone.

Staff – lobby staff are helpful and all spoke good English. I called the service line a few times for water, blankets and other enquiries and each time the staff were very courteous and the requested items would arrive extremely quickly.

Overall Westin Chosun did not disappoint me at all, its 5 stars are well deserved, money well spent, highly recommended.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Jade C

carol choi
service express manager

Reviewed January 16, 2014

Recently stayed there during the Christmas.. Before we arrived we have contacted their concierge to arrange dinners before and on Christmas Day. Everything was flawless and useful information was given.
During the stay, check in was efficient and friendly. Concierge had given us helpful assistance on tours we booked. Location of the hotel is located just a minute away from shopping area and easy access to subways and restaurants.
We had our Christmas dinner there and it was fantastic! Plenty of food and tasty! They even pleasantly surprised us by given us a private room since we are a large family traveling together.
Very helpful and courteous door persons every time we go out or coming back.
No mistake on staying at the Westin and certainly recommending to friends.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Veteranito

Reviewed January 6, 2014

I booked this hotel because Lotte was full and I'm so glad I did. Before I arrived, Hayley at Concierge was answering me via email within the day all my questions about location and things to do. She also ordered us a cake for celebrating our anniversary.
The hotel is easy to reach from the airport if you take the KAL limo and it takes you right to the doorsteps of the hotel, and it takes you right back to the airport.
Everyone from the front desk to the bell hops to the guys opening the doors were so nice and knowledgeable. They never told me to go ask another person. THey gave great recommendations of places to eat and walk around.
THis hotel is located in the middle of everything. Very easy to get to historical/cultural areas, as well as shopping and financial districts. It's surrounded by the metro and taxi are everywhere. The Lotte shopping mall was next door and it was fun to shop around the grocery store.
The hotel room was great. THere are a bunch of pillows to try out, and I ordered half of them but enjoyed the one given to me in the beginning the best. The bed is super plush. and the couch is comfortable. The place was so clean, and inviting I wanted to stay forever. The only things I didn't like was the shower. It did not have a door thus, the water sometimes spilled out onto the floor.
Overall, I would stay here again when visiting Seoul. Worth every penny.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Carol C, Manager at The Westin Chosun Seoul, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2014

Reviewed January 6, 2014

This is an older hotel but it is very comfortable, especially if you are staying on the executive floors. Nothing seems to be too much trouble for the very obliging and always respectful staff, all of whom seem genuinely interested in ensuring your needs are met. Location is great and the grounds fascinating - you can see a temple in a harden when you arrive. When I arrived at Incheon airport two your ladies from the hotel greeted me and I actually checked in from the back seat of the car the hotel had sent to collect me. On arrival at the hotel there was no delay at all - straight to the room. We hosted a business breakfast at the hotel and this too was the subject of excellent service.
At

Stayed: May 2013

Reviewed January 4, 2014

I stayed at the Westin Chosun in October for a business trip. This great experience started at the Incheon airport, where I was able to check in and the staff organised to buy me a KAL limousine transfer, but my bag in the bus, etc. I did not have to worry about a thing, and it was great not to have to queue to check in when I arrived.

The location is perfect for business and leisure as it is very close to the Lotte Department store, all the MyeongDong action. In spite of this top location, my room (opposite the Lotte Dept Store) was very quiet.

I was upgraded to access to the Executive Floor for breakfast and cocktails. The breakfast there is quite adequate with bacon and eggs, pancakes, a selection of cold cuts, yogurt, bagels, breads and a few pastries. They have the best blackcurrant jam there. It was more than enough for me and I did not feel the need to go to the proper café for breakfast.

Free wifi is available in the foyer and common areas, otherwise it is expensive to have it in room. the gym/pool is amazing and newly refurbished. I loved the change rooms with sport clothes available, water towels and all kinds of skin lotions and fragrances, making it very convenient - you don't need to bring a thing.

The staff is very friendly, helpful and discreet. I found that my room's size was adequate and very clean. I liked the way they arrange all the toiletries in the bathroom in boxes representing a leaf, it was a nice touch.

The only two disadvantages are the high prices for on-site extra facilities: restaurant (USD50 lasagna at the Italian restaurant downstairs - although I must say it was delicious), dry cleaning (USD 88 bill for two suits) and not enough sitting space in the lobby.

All in all, a great 5* hotel. I will be back.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business