My family and I stayed at this hotel for total of 12 days. We are from Washington D.C. area in the U.S.A. Some Quick practical information.
1) Don't bother bringing the electrical outlet converter if you are staying at this hotel, they have plenty of 110 V outlets within the room. One near the desk and also ones in the restroom.
2) EVERY front staff speaks conversational English very well!
3) Access to your room/floor is very secure since only way you can make the elevator to go to your floor requires your room key to activate the access. Very safe, very easy to use.
4) Everyone in the hotel is super respectful and courteous. This hotel is used by large number of V.I.P's(including Hollywood movie stars like Will Smith and also many head of the states) and the front staff, including the bell boy, front desk register, concierge are all very well trained in giving you an exceptional service. The room service literally aligned all of our shoes every day.
5)The Lobby rest rooms are incredible. I think they clean the restroom every 30 minutes! Not to mention their toilets are THE latest in technology! I've never seen more futuristic BIDET! I am not trying to be weird, but you will NOT see a messy toilets in this hotel!
6) There are two kinds of Taxi service in Seoul, "Black" and rest of the colors. Black Taxi drivers are at the top of their game. The rides on these taxi is similar if not better then riding on BMW 530i series, which I use to own. The price starts at 4500 won, which is converted to U.S. dollar, about $4 dollar and 50 cents vs. the rest of the taxi starts at 2500 won. You do the math. The extra 2 dollar is definitely worth it! The front staff always have black taxi ready and also with translate to the taxi driver where you need to go. The front staff also can give you how much the travel will cost.
7) The size of the room is bit the small, but their beds are excellent. One of the most present generosity shown by the front staff was that they charge extra fee for additional person in your room, but the front staff automatically slashed our price from $410 to $310 per night for first 6 days, then slashed our last 7 nights stay to $235 dollars per night! All without even asking! The front staff just smiled and said "thanks for choosing to stay extra long with us." WOW!
8) Ask for Katherine at the Concierge desk. She was truly a model of an excellent concierge! Her command of English was excellent and she was also exceptionally friendly and professional. She told us that she actually stayed near the D.C. for her training! She also went out of her way to tell us where to go, what to see, how much it would cost and found the cheapest way to get anything done, including finding us tickets on KTX/super train at half the price!
9) Location of hotel CAN NOT BE BEAT. It is literally 5-10 minutes walk to everywhere you want to go in Seoul. Quick walk to Myung don Market, which is an upscale out door/indoor hybrid with MANY excellent restaurants and street vending food. Also quick walk to Nandemung OUT door market where you can dive right into a bargain! Also quick walk to the famous and beautiful river walk with incredible laser shows every night.
10) The restaurants in the hotel is crazy expensive, but then, you are staying at one of the top hotel in the world. I stayed at The Breakers at Palm Beach(check them out on their web site) and the restaurant/food at the Breakers were also super expensive. BUT, you will never have to eat at their restaurant. YOU literally have HUGE food court with excellent food at Lotte Dept store, again 5 min walk from this hotel. The Myungdong market also have many excellent restaurants, including Krispy Kreme! They also have McDonald that delivers to the hotel!
11) You literally travel to everywhere in Seoul using their extensive underground passages. They are all well maintained and many of them have shops at their underground passage.
12) Korean Rail system and it's subway are incredible. It makes New York and D.C. Metro subway looks like they are in stone age. Each train have voice and visual presentation of what the next stops are in English, Japanese, Korean and Chinese. YOU can not get lost in their subway system. Their ticket dispenser is also in these four languages. Just push the station number, number of passenger, and they will give you the cost and that's all it takes!
My family have stayed at the Breakers at Palm Beach, Westin at Grand Bahama, Hyatt at JeJu island in Korea, the Atlantis Resort at Nassau Bahama, Coco la Palm at Jamaica, Sheraton at Pentagon D.C. and numerous 2-3 stars hotels in New York. Not to mention Holiday Inn at Scranton Pennsylvania, home of the "Office" t.v. show.
You may pay little extra for Westin Chosun Seoul, but if you consider the location and their service, it is definitely worth it.
Only problem we ran into, which was not the hotel's fault, was that some idiots who did not understand the hotel "Non Smoking" policy decided to smoke anyway and the smell came into our room. The hotel promptly moved us out to another room and hit these idiots with $200 fine. Way it go! By the way, their swimming pool is SMALL, but you got to remember, this hotel is not made for FAMILY with small kids so their pool and gym is geared toward business type.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the heart of Seoul's main business and shopping district, the Westin Chosun Seoul is within easy walking distance of major embassies, banks, commercial and government offices, as well as national museums, historic palaces and local markets. 462 Spacious rooms, including 40suites, are exceptionally furnished with every modern amenity. Advanced features include Westin's signature Heavenly Bed, anti-allergy carpet, premium espresso coffee machine, LED TV with Internet, oversized beds, individually controlled air-conditioning, refrigerator, mini bar, in-room electronic safe, full-size writing desk with office task chair, and voice mail. • Institutional Investor - World's Top 100 Hotels (4 consecutive years) • Asiamoney - Best Hotel in Seoul (3 consecutive years) • Travel +Leisure - World's Best 500 Hotels • Conde Nast Travel - Best Hotel in Seoul • Smart Travel Asia - Asia' Top 25 Business Hotels (5 consecutive years) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Starwood APAC, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Ctrip TA, Priceline, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and Cheap Tickets so you can book your The Westin Chosun Seoul reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Chosun Seoul Hotel Seoul
- Westin Chosun Hotel Seoul
- Westin Seoul
- Seoul Westin