“Nice. Non smoking room”

Ranked #20 of 471 Hotels in Seoul
Bangkok, Thailand
“Nice. Non smoking room”
Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

First I chose this because if location. First time with kids, and also Starwood member so it's easy for me to check in. I love their easy check in so I chose this hotel .
Modern building and for my visit I always love to spend time with hotel facility.
Fitness room is quite considering as this is super good location hotel. Not only running And jogging but also lifting and weighting machines are well equipped. I was using waist training and trainer from gym corrected my position. That was nice. Swimming pool is not large but indoor and just for swim purpose . Sauna is not free ( but for executive floor . Free).

Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank triptostar
Dkim7019, Front Office Manager at The Westin Chosun Seoul, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
It was our pleasure you stayed with us and thank you so much for your compliment and we are encouraged by your nice comment. We, all our Westin Chosun, Seoul, associates are truly welcoming you back again.

Douglas Kim / Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (204)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed March 10, 2013

They say it's the best hotel and Seoul, and I would add that it's one of the best I have ever stayed in anywhere. The rooms are big, with all the amenities you might need. Food at the hotel is really great, and the staff seem to know what you want before you know what you want - the service is top-notch. Great gym and spa area. The location is very convenient for sight-seeing in Seoul, shopping (right near the Lotte department store) and one of the business districts. Can't say anything bad about this place.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear guest,

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed March 9, 2013

Nice overall stay, with many of the benefits of a western hotel. Rooms are a good size, and beds are comfy. Restaurants are good and the staff is very helpful. They helped me set up a great tour of the DMZ, which was great.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

TA
Reviewed March 9, 2013 via mobile

I visit this hotel from time to time for business for 2-3 nights each time and I always speechless from the amazing service, rooms and everything that you looking in hotels.
The location is good for the north side of Seoul but if you need the south area it's far.

• Stayed March 2013

Virginia
Reviewed February 25, 2013

The Westin Chosun would be at the top of my list for a return visit to Seoul. I stayed there on two occasions, first in an older room and the second time in a newly refurbished room. Both stays were excellent, although now that I've experienced the newer room, I would insist on that. But, I found the older room to be perfectly adequate.

The service is top notch and the staff all speak pretty good to fluent English, making it very easy for an English speaking traveler. While others have called the rooms small, both of mine were as big as I needed them to be. Both were spotlessly clean and had nicely decorated bathrooms, although the newer room's bathroom was a clear cut above.

The location near City Hall is excellent and within walking distance of a number of tourist sights such as the Gyeongbokgung Palace, Deoksugung Palace, several art museums, Insadong, and the Namdaemun Market and Gate. It also has access to underground shopping malls and is right next to the Lotte Department Store. The KAL limo bus stops there regularly and metro stops are a very short walk.

The only drawbacks were the obnoxiously high prices for room service, the hotel restaurants, and the in-room wifi.

Room Tip: Ask for a newly refurbished room.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank particleboardpigeon
Dkim7019, Front Office Manager at The Westin Chosun Seoul, responded to this review, February 26, 2013

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Travelling to Korea was not my first experience, but i guess i made a wrong decision when i decided to try another hotel beside Grand Hyatt, Lotte and Park Hyatt.

One of my consideration is location, i have chose Westin due to my meeting appointments will be around this hotel at this time

My flight was arrive in the morning, taking 1.5 hours from Incheon to the hotel, but by the time i arrive there still around 11am which i understand that the room is not ready! However, what surprised me that the one of the girl at front desk giving me advise to wait at the Starbucks which attached to the hotels instead of allowing me to wait at any restaurants or lounge, i was even asking whether i can use the gym or pool so i can rest for a while but she said so unfortunate we cannot allow any guest before check in, no solutions at all!

Most of the front dest staff is not friendly at all, never smile, i don't know if this is their culture or?

Another worst part, since my trip is a business trip, the company is equipped me with dollar cash, and for myself i won't use my credit card since i found there is always discrepency for the bank currency rate! Anyway, out of the room charge with 21 tax service, there is additional approximatelly US $ 200 for other expenses! This is so ridiculous, despite i chose my room rate package included Breakfast and Internet Access! i guess if somebody come for business trip, they will spend most of their time out of the hotel! Even at Grand Hyatt and Lotte they only required US $ 100/day!

I guess i have to think twice again to stay here, location wise is good but the room seems so tired, small, only thing impressed me is their lobby, gym pool are newly renovated. Food and Beverage, Laundry, you better prepare yourself to PAY more, or adjust your budget because this hotel ridicolously EXPENSIVE!

I probably wanna see experience the Plaza Hotel which is the opposite of this hotel, looks nice and location wise is perfect!

Room Tip: * If you travelling with limited budget, don't even try to stay at this hotel * Location is per...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Greg P
Dear our guest,

Thank you very much for your constructive comments regarding your stay with us.
And I would extend my sincere apology for the shortcomings you experienced with, especially for the front desk and extra charge for laundry and restaurants.
Your comments have been copied to the front desk manager and we will seek to the best solutions for this as soon as possible and the front desk staffs will be trained again.

Once again thank you for your brining these matters to our attention, and we, all our Westin Chosun, associates are truly welcoming you back again.

Mae Rim, Thailand
Reviewed February 24, 2013

This hotel is well located for walking and public transport. The rooms are very nice. The service is excelent . The breakfast is great. Internet is free in the lobby but quite expensive in the room. We stayed twice last October and will stay again in our next trip to Seoul.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple