Trip with mother who is unwilling to travel on a package tour to HK, and is fussy about everything.
Since parent wanted to go sightseeing in Seoul and Mt Seorak, concierge is key.
Tried getting Grand Hyatt and Westin Chosun concierges to give some advice before booking (no status in either); the Hyatt concierge never returned my emails, the Westin concierge set me up on day tours. So Westin it is.
On arrival, the chatty concierge (sorry really should've remembered her name - was it Kiyee?) engaged my mum in conversation and in minutes they've replaced my Kimho car hire to Mt Seorak with a chauffeured car. What a relief...
Rooms were fantastic - there's even a Korean iPhone in the room - didn't have to hunt down a phone in ICN. Everything there to please a fussy mum - and she didn't even complain about her feared heating (well, she opened the windows)
We didn't get to sample the full extent of restaurants in the hotel because mum got a massive boil under her tongue just before the trip, but she found enough foods she can eat in Aria. Food always a concern because of ongoing stomach problems for her.
This hotel is one of the few hotels that would make her want to visit somewhere she originally was worried about again! On departure day she was already asking Kiyee about the Cherry Blossom season next year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the heart of Seoul's main business and shopping district, the Westin Chosun Seoul is within easy walking distance of major embassies, banks, commercial and government offices, as well as national museums, historic palaces and local markets. 462 Spacious rooms, including 40suites, are exceptionally furnished with every modern amenity. Advanced features include Westin's signature Heavenly Bed, anti-allergy carpet, premium espresso coffee machine, LED TV with Internet, oversized beds, individually controlled air-conditioning, refrigerator, mini bar, in-room electronic safe, full-size writing desk with office task chair, and voice mail. • Institutional Investor - World's Top 100 Hotels (4 consecutive years) • Asiamoney - Best Hotel in Seoul (3 consecutive years) • Travel +Leisure - World's Best 500 Hotels • Conde Nast Travel - Best Hotel in Seoul • Smart Travel Asia - Asia' Top 25 Business Hotels (5 consecutive years) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Starwood APAC, Priceline, Agoda, Ctrip TA, HotelTravel.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Odigeo and Travelocity so you can book your The Westin Chosun Seoul reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Chosun Seoul Hotel Seoul
- Westin Chosun Hotel Seoul
- Westin Seoul
- Seoul Westin