Oakwood Premier Coex Center
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$312
$70
$213
$198
Agoda.com
All reviewscity air terminalfull kitchenhyundai department storewasher dryerserviced apartmentfull heightan aquariumlong term guestsmaster bedroomlong term staydining tablefamily stayrice cookerbusiness tripbusiness centerhome away from homeroom service
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 22, 2013

I lived in the Seoul COEX Oakwood for about 9 months between August 2012 and April 2013, having done a lot of research and viewed lots of serviced and regular apartments in Seoul before making my decision to stay there.

It sits right on top of the well located COEX mall which as other reviewers have mentioned is undergoing massive renovation at the moment which had just started as I was leaving the apartments, and I would be very confident that once completed the mall will be as useful as I found it to be. It has every kind of shop and restaurant and coffee outlet you can imagine, both International and Korean, all under one roof.

The Oakwood is also right beside the Samseong Metro station which means that you can get to anywhere within Seoul really easily and cheaply...don't be put off by the fact that the metro looks complicated, take your time and you will find it is logical and much easier than the London or New York systems.

The apartment I had was a 2 bedroom one which had 2 bathrooms...ideal for when family came to visit. The rooms are large compared to many such apartments, and have well equipped kitchens with good storage space. The internet connection is great and the standard of housekeeping is very high.

On the down side there are two things. First, the furniture in the lounge area is quite old fashioned and uncomfortable...despite my requests to have them changed, they wouldn't do so...to the extent that I eventually bought my own reclining leather chair from a local shop!

Secondly, and allied to this, it is REALLY expensive, coming in at close to $9,000 US per month. So if your company is paying, it is ok but otherwise beware.

However on balance I really enjoyed my stay there and I think I made the best choice of serviced apartment in Seoul!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Les F
ZechOakwood, 고객 담당 매니저 at Oakwood Premier Coex Center, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2013

Thank you in advance for your tolerance in this matter

Reviewed November 19, 2013

We had a double roomed apartment on the 21st floor. Oakwood Premier above the Coex centre which is full of outlets - food and general BUT is closed for refurbishment until 2014 sometime.... It is in Gangnam which is very nouvea money - ideal area for business etc BUT less good for tourism - the Fraser Suites, for instance, are much better placed. It is on top of the Subway station (BUT about a 10-15minute walk) and that gets you to almost anywhere BUT 40 mins plus to the city hall etc area. Also, there is no supermarket in the vicinity so nowhere to buy stuff except the Hyundai store which is silly (Japanese food) prices.... nearest sensible option is Jasmil station area which is a 30 minute trek....
The apartments are spacious BUT old-fashioned decor - looks quite 70's/80's They do seem to be refurbishing floors so make sure you are not near those being done up... Well equipped; very nice beds; lovely bathrooms (with Japanese style automated loo seat), decent kitchens BUT they charge separately for internet which is OK on speed BUT only for 2 computers (which may be fine but of you are 4 people; is not). Cleaning etc daily which is good.
Breakfast on the 5th floor BUT it is pricey and even when they first opened at 0630 or so, the food was warm at best....

All in all very good BUT not really for tourism and the Fraser Suites (not Fraser Place) probably a better bet.

Room Tip: Away from the floors being refurbished. High is nice!
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank AJCG
ZechOakwood, 고객 담당 매니저 at Oakwood Premier Coex Center, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2013

First of all, thank you for your review and comments about us. Having stayed with us and for having brought all of the above points to our attention – your opinion is invaluable to us. Such as not good location for Tourist & no supermarket things. Thank you in advance for your tolerance in this matter

Reviewed November 6, 2013

My husband attended a conference at the Coex. So the place was perfect for that. But when you want to go to the markets, Insadong etc. it takes about one hour by metro (one change) and one hour back. Seoul is a very large city. Coex mall was under construction. We got an upgrade from a studio to quite big apartement. Smoking was not forbidden (ashtrays) but there was no tobacco smell. Our apartement was clean, very well equipped with dishes and modern machines. Staff was polite and very helpful. We spent six nights there. My only complaint was the price of the wifi, with tax it was 22000 wons for a day. It was very fast connection but I think it is still too much. The cost for one month was reasonable, about 80000 wons. Wifi was free at the guests lounge at the reception floor but it is difficult to work there.

Funny that JayOakwood, Sales Coordinator at Oakwood Premier Coex Center, responds with the same file, copy paste. It would be better not to answer at all if you are not really answering..

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Sipila
ZechOakwood, Sales Coordinator at Oakwood Premier Coex Center, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2013

First of allm thank you for your review and comments about us. Having stayed with us and for having brought all of the above points to our attention – your opinion is invaluable to us and we will make sure that none of them happen again

Reviewed October 26, 2013

Stayed 2 nights at the new Studio Deluxe room recently - room is of very good size with many storage cabinets and a well stocked kitchen (with cooking utensils, crockery and cutlery) and is very clean.

Personally I don't like staying in serviced apartment as I don't cook or do washing but my friend suggested that perhaps we could cook a dinner ourselves so I went with the idea.

In the end, we ate out both nights as there are many nice restaurants within walking distance from the apartment.

It was overall a good stay except that the guests upstairs seems to be jumping around the room the whole time in the evenings which caused some disturbing noises. Then on Saturday morning, we planned to sleep in late but was awaken at 8am by some knocking and drilling noises - some parts of the building are going through some renovations. Isn't it a bit too early to start work on a Saturday morning when most guests (I think) want to sleep a little later after a Friday night out?

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
ZechOakwood, 고객 담당 매니저 at Oakwood Premier Coex Center, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2013

First of all, thank you for your review and comments about us. Having stayed with us and for having brought all of the above points to our attention – your opinion is invaluable to us and let me reiterate our sincere apology for this unfortunate incident. Every effort is now being made to ensure that such an incident will not happen again

Reviewed October 21, 2013 via mobile

Stayed in Oct 2013. The staff are just fantastic! Just wave your hand and they are all over you to help out. Very kiddie friendly too.
The 2b/d we stayed was large. There was steam bath and even heated toilet seats! The bidet I saw in KL uses knobs but the one here uses buttons!
I used the bus transfer from the Incheon airport but drop-off was at the bus terminal 3 blocks away. The bus will not drop you in front of the hotel as I thot. Ok if not much luggage but Too bad if you have like we did.
The shopping mall in the basement is under renovation. Subway is also underneath but be ready for some 15mins walk at least as you meander your way round the basement which has some nice and popular eateries.
Subway ticket vending machine is very friendly. You can opt for english language and type in your 3 digit destination code or few alphabets. Signs have english interpretation but in small characters. People are very friendly and go extra lenght to help in spite of language difficulties.
Sorry, back to the hotel..... the rug is in bad shape per the odour from it. Dark shade of color are used for cushions, rugs, etc to hide a lot of dirt in my view. The smell in the room is not sparkling. Reception is on the 5th floor but nothing grand. Lift arrangement is a bit wierd.
Room rate may appear fair but they've stripped it of internet and breakfast. Internet costs W20000 (about $20) per day with 2 device max allowed. Gym and swimming are in 'next building'. Kids not allowed in swimming even when accompanied by parents! The staff are fantastic but the facilities layout is all over the map and patchy. The swimming is definitely family unfriendly in addition to walking thru public area to the 'next building' for a swim with your kids left behind.

• Stayed: October 2013

First of all, thank you for your review and comments about us. Having stayed with us and for having brought all of the above points to our attention – your opinion is invaluable to us & we apologize if this caused you any inconvenience. We hope that you will continue to enjoy your stay with us and if we can do anything to make it even better, don’t hesitate to personally contact me. Thank you so much
- Guest Relations Manager