WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #1 of 451 Hotels in Seoul
A TripAdvisor Member
“Outstanding experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2012

I stayed at Oakwood Premier Coex Center, Seoul. for eight (8) months. My entire experience was outstanding! I was at the center of virtually everything. With the subway I coul access any part of Seoul easily and fast. The personell at Oakwood was excellent; always very attentive and very responsive. Oakwood Premier is located at the Coex (underground) Mall; this gives to the visitor access to a plethora of restaurants (with a great variety of cuisines). The facilities in each room are exceptional; the view from the room was exceptional as well. I am greatful to my Korean friends who recommended this hotel for my long stay in Seoul.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Oakwood

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
JayOakwood, Sales Coordinator at Oakwood Premier Coex Center, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
Thank you for your review and great comments about us. We hope that you will continue to enjoy your stay with us and if we can do anything to make it even better, don’t hesitate to personally contact me

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012

Stayed at this property for 9 months enjoyed excellent service. Overall accomodations are great, good location to the shopping mall, all transportation and resturants. Look forward to staying there again. Felt like home away from home.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Oakwood

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2012

Although I had difficulty sleeping the first night (I am a light sleerper and I can't sleep if there is any air conditioning noise - so my sensitivity, my husband slept soundly), the Oakwood staff were very courteous and helped us change our room to a higher floor (the 19th). Unfortunately, this room was on the same side as previously and therefore close to the air conditioning outlets of the COEX mall itself. We remedied this by obtaining a spare bed so I could sleep not in the glorious corner bedroom but in the quieter lounge room. C'est la vie! My husband slept fine without me tossing and turning all night!

Once all of this was sorted of course in a very pleasant way, I cannot dismiss the fact that Oakwood Premier is a class-act. The breakfast area is highly civilised, with pleasant music, fast topping up of food, efficient removal of used plates. The spread was very nice and included smoked salmon and an assortment of cheeses. If I have to be picky I would have liked to have seen a change in the variety of juices each day. My husband ordered omelette on a few occasions and I guess it would have been nice to see a chef prepare this in front of us, as some establishments do. Overall, the standard of breakfast is impeccable.

Rooms were spacious and I cannot fault the cleaniliness. The only thing I would say is that one day the cleaner asked us to clean the room just after 6pm when we were winding down after a day of touring. I thought that was a tad too late, so we declined.

The female concierge who helped us - I don't know her name - but I thank you for all of your kind assistance - in helping us with our tour plans. In fact all of the staff were very kind including the reception staff who felt sorry for me after my first night of lack of sleep.

Most of the people who stay at Oakwood I think are business people. We were tourists. Using Samseong Station it takes approximately 45-50 minutes to reach Jongno - the main attraction area. From Samseong Station it was close to the Dong Seoul Sation (Ganbyeon Stn) from where we headed off to Seoraksan and Donggueureng Tombs in Guri. Of course COEX Mall is connected to Oakwood Premier and also the Hyundai Department Store. The

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
JayOakwood, Sales Coordinator at Oakwood Premier Coex Center, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Canberra, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2012

I was in Seoul on a business trip for 4 weeks, so brought my husband and one year old son with me. We stayed in a one bedroom apartment. Apartment was nice, but a little dated. It felt a little small as we were there for four weeks, but I hear there are some much larger one bedrooms available, so if space is an issue, it might be worthwhile requesting.

Staff were very friendly and accomodating. We had a baby cot and highchair provided for the duration of our stay. The buffet breakfast is definately worth it too. My son loved the playroom, which has toys to accomodate the real little ones through to older kids too, as there is a Wii and video games. Oakwood can help organise regular babysitting service.

The room service food wasn't very good - pizza tasted like cardboard... BUT there are heaps of restaurants/cafes in the area, so easy just to pop out to grab some food. A visit to the Hyundai food court/supermarket is nice too.

A bit dissapointed in the business centre - costs are very high for just the use of one of the rooms. Would be nice for residents to get discounts.

Room Tip: There are many different layouts for the different apartments. Request the larger ones if travellin...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank kate h
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2012

It is a good choice , we got suddenly upgraded room, it was clean enough space and every thing is available.
Indoor golf and suna and swimming pool is free.
Reasonable breakfast, and place for baby is available to play in that area.
we all think this hotel is reasonable.

• Stayed September 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
JayOakwood, Sales Coordinator at Oakwood Premier Coex Center, responded to this review, September 23, 2012
Celebration
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

Have I really not reviewed Oakwood? Sigh.
I stay here every time I go to Korea. Here is why:

1) It's clean. It's spacious (even by western standards). I stay in a 2 bedroom which includes a full stocked kitchen with a FULL size refrigerator, dishwasher, washer AND dryer, ironing board, two full bathrooms, two bedrooms with queens, one large closet space in the master, ample sunlight and windows, dining table, couch, TV, desk and coffee table. We slept 5 very comfortably in here.

2) It's convenient. The samsung 4 station is inside COEX mall, so basically an elevator ride and a <2 block walk to the subway. It's not sketchy, it's level (I often travel with one or more person with a mobility problem), and it's well-lit. The food court in COEX offers a lot of meal options, the Oakwood itself has 2 restaurants (the buffet is quite good, especially for breakfast). There are limited street options but I don't think most people are walking the street in this business area anyway. You could live in COEX mall and never know there was anything else out there, because it's so huge and so much to do. The concierge is helpful, they speak english, and they even scrambled to help us with translation when some long-lost family members decided to show up. They have always gone above and beyond for us. In addition, there is access to the gym, a play area for children, and a business center.

3) It's affordable. For 5 people, we paid KRW240,000/night. There is no way we could have stayed in another place this nice (think Intercontinental next door) as we would have needed two rooms, and would not have had a kitchen. The stay was 20 nights and it was by far the cheapest option for the best amenities. We probably would have paid the same to stay at a love motel for what we were able to get at Oakwood.

The only cons are that the beds are hard (it's a Korean thing, not an Oakwood thing), and the AC does not go as low as I would have liked in the middle of summer (approx 75-78*F). Depending on where you want to be in Seoul, it is a taxi or a metro ride to myeongdong, itaewon, etc. However, the mall has a lot of things to do like a Megabox and an aquarium which is perfect for my son who is 2. (Gone are the days of 3 AM shopping). Even though it may not be located there, taxis are cheap and the metro is easy to navigate, so getting anywhere in Seoul is not a problem from this location. Also, the airport bus center is literally next door so you can take a bus to/from the airport and not have to pay the $$ taxi fees.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank ehan31
JayOakwood, Sales Coordinator at Oakwood Premier Coex Center, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
Melbourne
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2012

I stay in the hotel around the world and this is my worst experience. I have never had problem of checking in early or at least before 2 pm. This hotel put me to hell and want me to wait until 3 pm for me to check in. She even rude to me, and i think she had the worst customer service i ever had in my travel. The room condition are very old, and they seriously need updating. The pillow had no cushion on it, making it so hard to sleep that i had sore neck through-out my stay. The cleaner even rearrange my stuff which i told them not to touch my stuff. The only positive thing about the hotel is the location. But again, is not in the city, so i think is not that great location anyway. The hotel is so expensive, which you can get better deal other near by hotel. Taxi in Seoul are very cheap, making it ideal to stay in a cheap hotel and better quality and travel to Coex department store for shopping. So please stay away this disgusting hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank NikkiMelbourne
JayOakwood, Sales Coordinator at Oakwood Premier Coex Center, responded to this review, August 24, 2012
Dear Ms. Thomspon,

First of all, I would like to offer my deepest apologies for the unpleasant experience that you had to go through during your stay here at Oakwood Premier Coex Center. If I may, I would like to offer some explanation as to why your check-in was delayed.

Oakwood Premier Coex Center currently has 280 rooms and as we accommodate mostly long-term residents, our occupancy rate is at an almost constant 95% which means that there are that many more rooms that need to be made up every day and it is this particular reason why have assigned the check-in time to 3:00pm. Regrettably, our rooms were fully occupied yet again at the time of your check-in at 11:30am and I hope that you will understand that we had no choice but to delay your check-in until more rooms were available.

As to the rudeness of our Front Desk clerk, the hardness of your pillow and the fact that your Room Attendant rearranged your items without your permission are all grave points that need addressing and we thank you for having brought them to our attention. I assure you that steps will be taken to further avoid any such behavior and I would like to apologize yet again for all of the above.

Thank you again for having stayed with us and for having brought all of the above points to our attention – your opinion is invaluable to us and we will make sure that none of them happen again.

With best regards,